Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:24:30 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to put a limit on the bitcoin miner's GPU usage  (Read 788 times)
Lampitosgames (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:10:01 PM

that's why I'm here!  I'm quite new to all this, and I find it very interesting.  I'm not super worried weather I make a ton of money or not, but I would like to have  a bitcoin miner up in the background while I browse youtube or play games.  I don't want it to be super taxing, maybe only use like 50% of my GPU (I have a gtx 660ti, not fantastic, I know, lol).  So far I haven't been able to come up with a way to do this.  Or I could run it on my minecraft server computer, where the GPU is nearly never used, but I still don't want to shorten the life of it.  Is bitcoin mining bad for your GPU?  I don't want to shorten the lifespan of my hardware for something that probably won't get me any money.  Any help is much appreciated, thanks Smiley
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:14:11 PM

if your using guiminer add the flags or tags "-f 60" should do nice for desktop usage

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: