Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone ever look at "Announcements (Altcoins)" anymore?  (Read 2140 times)
UDC

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

https://UDC.world

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 04:26:18 AM

well they could maybe put 2 categories
• altcoins forked on existing cryptocurrencies
• cryptocurrencies with an original code base

because mine would not fit into any of your 4 categories :/
since it doesn't use PoS/PoW nor is a metacoin

ann thread for those curious: Unified Digital Currency

Adbitco

Activity: 1484
Merit: 677

Act Smart and Play safe with Your fund

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 06:20:31 AM

Although I have never been into altcoins and that's why never cared to take a look at this section of the forum but have recently developed some interest in altcoins too but still I rarely check altcoin announcement section.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:48:26 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2016, 10:02:32 PM by Spoetnik

The problem would be getting a person or person(s) to spend time sifting through 7,000 ANN topics.
And yeah.. that is simply ridiculous there is THAT many.
Things have gotten waaaay out of hand.
And what do we see ?
Oh..
Well..
This NEW coin is the ONE !
Yup..
This new Zcash Coin (shitcoin #7,102) is teh legit'z !11111ONE

8k 9k 10k 100k 1 zillion.. you all won't stop ..you need yur ROI'z  Roll Eyes

Anyway as i said 100 times before.. sorry i got side tracked by the FUD  Grin
Ideas around here are great and all but we have a core principle in play.. i assume deliberately.
Freedom.
Whether it is abused or not is another matter.
Is theymos interested in setting up drastic new measures to police crypto ? I highly doubt it.

The problem would be getting people willing to work for free or theymos paying out of pocket
to sift through every coin that comes along.. and WHO is chosen to do the influential job ?
That would trigger a shit load of drama because key people would have abilities that could be abused.
..and they would be.

Then you have the actual definitions of what is each type of coin.
A grey area would be hit a lot causing more drama.

Really we are stuck with how things are.

The only thing i see changing the Altcoin landscape is tough govt regulations that cause arrests.
That would curb a lot of the bullshit..

Otherwise it's business as usual.. shit'coining for profitz.
You all make money off them and so they are created.
Defining one ?
Unless you can crack open Butters head and analyze his brain and see proof of intent we have to speculate.
In other words was a major factor in the development of Ethereum for profits on Exchanges ?
Is that a major reason why it was created ? If so ? yes it is in fact a scam.
Coins created for fun or profit are scammy.

Currencies are not a joke and they are not to be created simply for trading on Poloniex either.
I have long said i would reconsider if we have some tough regulations sort of like how there is in the stock markets.

These are not penny stocks or businesses or even decentralized currencies.
When you put shit on Github or Poloniex or Cryptsy or Coinbase or hell even this very forum you are now US govt compliant.. there is no way to chant free market anymore then people.
Game Over.
And since they are all ICO's or another variant of premining bullshit they are in no way decentralized.
And the penny stocks idea is bullshit because there is no laws governing them.
Who in Crypto is our Martha Stewart arrested for insider trading ?

These are not businesses either..
They are scammy greedy name changing shady little assholes hoping to make a buck who keep pumping out "Schemes" for profit.
They mod a coin base slap on some new graphics and if your real lucky get a new gimmick.

It's a farce.

If you all want this charade to improve you are unfortunately going to have to embrace legal regulations for crypto.
When i started i was 100% against this idea.. i too was rebellious and chanted free market.
But look around people..
Through out all of human history if we are given the freedom to ruin something.. we do.
This is why laws are created.
Someone had to go and make a law saying hey, doing bad things are bad.

FUD first & ask questions later™
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:56:58 AM

I have had a hard time reading threw the section for about a year now. Many of the big projects don't even have Ann threads going.

SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:26:41 AM

We should make 2 sections :

- New coin, for all the new announcement.
- Old coin, for the announcement that are older than 3 months for example.

The threads would be moved from one to another automatically based on their date.
Optionally we could have a third one named trash for thread without a new message in 1 month.

With that you could follow what is happening in the good old coin without being bothered with the new crap.
And that will leave some visibility to the new ones without being overwhelmed by all the discussion in the old ones.
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 12:22:32 PM

The threads would be moved from one to another automatically based on their date.
Optionally we could have a third one named trash for thread without a new message in 1 month.

With that you could follow what is happening in the good old coin without being bothered with the new crap.
And that will leave some visibility to the new ones without being overwhelmed by all the discussion in the old ones.

Auto lock after 90days as well would be nice!

Good ideas, have you checked out the beta BCT site yet?  Wondering if we will see something like this.

UDC

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 03:17:39 PM

some recreate new announcement threads each time they have something "big" like ICO/mandatory updates/forks/...,
so a new >< old separation would probably just encourage that behaviour IMO

hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 03:37:20 PM

Good old times are gone. Now every new alt announcement is either an ICO/ICO scam or scam abandoned by dev after few days when he dumped to make 0.3BTC. In the past you could get lucky and make x10-50 when there was a pump.
UDC

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 03:42:26 PM

Good old times are gone. Now every new alt announcement is either an ICO/ICO scam or scam abandoned by dev after few days when he dumped to make 0.3BTC. In the past you could get lucky and make x10-50 when there was a pump.

kinda self-revealing no?  Cheesy

btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 03:45:38 PM

Lame clones, shills, pumpers, bots, discussions worth as dog shit, 12 old kids investing their 10 dollars and polluting threads with crap

if you are using bitcointalk for investing research you are doing crypto really wrong

i just come here for the LOL and to check if finally somebody made Zdoge
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:04:11 PM

If they have something new to offer other than the usual shit coins and scam coins yes of course but as we all can see this board has become a place only for those kind of coins sadly.

🖤😏
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:22:05 PM

If they have something new to offer other than the usual shit coins and scam coins yes of course but as we all can see this board has become a place only for those kind of coins sadly.
It's not that "this board become a place for shitty altcoins" it is more like more and more worthless coins are created because it is extremely easy to do so.
That is why we have flood of useless or  cloned concepts with slightly changed specifications, it is not because of 'this board' exists. No one can moderate creation of new alts.
Velenar

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 09:43:01 AM

Perhaps a sticky thread should be added to link some ICO-list websites, quick to browse if checking in a hurry (in case newbies are not aware of them).

Yet someone ideally would create a page, summary thread, or something also as conveniently listing new coins with no ICOs.  For instance, PascalCoin has been interesting, and it has mining with no ICO.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:51:11 AM

All day every day this page is full of the worst garbage coins that I've never even heard of.

With so many coins being created maybe it's time to sub divide that page into different sections.

- Long term PoW blockchains.
- Short term PoW -> PoS blockchains
- ICOs -> PoS or PoW blockchains
- ICOs -> meta-coin tokens on top of another blockchain

I'm not sure of how to categorize them but there's some options.

One important distinction should probably be blockchain coins and meta-coins on top of a blockchain. PoW and PoS also seems like a pretty important factor within the blockchain coin category.

As a newbie like me they are very interesting,but the sections is very flooded i don't know who got the best features,you are right,there should be a category for all of this,for newbies like me who wants to examine and compare each coins algo.
twodrive01

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 10:31:48 PM

It's hilarious to read those announcements. Those guys either have nothing to do or they are crypto junkies. Common since nothing in there nis worth anything. Just a playground for children.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1456

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 02:00:45 AM

All day every day this page is full of the worst garbage coins that I've never even heard of.

With so many coins being created maybe it's time to sub divide that page into different sections.

- Long term PoW blockchains.
- Short term PoW -> PoS blockchains
- ICOs -> PoS or PoW blockchains
- ICOs -> meta-coin tokens on top of another blockchain

I'm not sure of how to categorize them but there's some options.

One important distinction should probably be blockchain coins and meta-coins on top of a blockchain. PoW and PoS also seems like a pretty important factor within the blockchain coin category.

I like it better if the mods just leave it alone. Why would you want them to waste their time in sorting and classifying all the scams that are posted over there?

If you argue that not all of them are scams or most likely to scam then please post the cryptocoins that you think are legitimate. The closest thing to a project that is not a scamcoin for me is ETC. But their developers could still be in a state of mind that they could make a difference, when they are really scamming the people or themselves.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 02:06:43 AM

I don't really look into Announcements (Altcoins) forums because it is full of titles with a lot of keywords. If I am going to look for a new Altcoin to invest, I will probably visit https://coinmarketcap.com/ or any other crypto listing website which allows user to sort the list based on their interest.

If Bitcointalk want to keep up with the pace, I really think they should take in your suggestion (or a modified one) like how they did for the Investor-based games and Micro Earning forums.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 02:24:51 AM

Oh dear god, no.  I have that whole section on ignore (probably like a lot of you), and it's working out just fine.  They are all pretty much crap.  I think most of those announcements are just copy/pasted from previous ones (just like the actual coins are).  And they're all designed to steal your money.  Why would I waste a minute of my time there?  I don't.
garciaor2002

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

Only ICOs.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 02:22:02 AM

It's all just a battle of Bag holding shills bullshitting the crowd for profits.

ALL OF THIS SHIT is just a transparent obvious little game for .. attention (that equals money)

You know that right ?

Well.. momentum sways and right now it's not working and the idiots are getting desperate.
You all flushed crypto down the toilet long ago.. so it will be sinking so come to terms with it.

When i registered the Altcoin scene was a joke.
It was embarrassing to admit you were involved with it.
..now ?

Holy shit-snapples !  Shocked

What a fucking shit show this has evolved into.
With an equal amount of battling shill noob accounts sent here to deny it ..for bucks $$$

Really it has almost nothing to do with "coins"
Its about battling for web attention all for one single purpose.

Can you and your shitcoin bullshit convince the dregs of crypto-society that they will profit from XYZ shitcoin ?
Yes ? Then you win Crypto.. game over.

NOTHING else matters.. that is ALL this shit is .

Altcoin section ? Irrelevant.
Clearly the only thing that matters is following what is hyped.. AKA the flavor of the month coin.
BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE THE............ profits are.

..you don't need the ANN section to see what is hyped up by manipulators.  Roll Eyes

Maybe play the lottery.. you would actually have a chance at winning vs this rigged predictable immoral game.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: