Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Institutions and Class Structure of the State  (Read 1298 times)
Severian (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:48:14 PM

Bitcoin doesn't fit in this picture.  Grin

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:58:24 PM

It's all about the taxes.  Which is why I don't understand people who advocate taxation.  The money goes in, pays a whole lot of paychecks, gets funneled into war, gets funneled into SS, and then when our roads aren't being built, we assume we need to throw more money into the system so the government can outsource labor to build the roads.

Meanwhile, my poor wall has a hole in it, and the plaster is beginning to fuse with my skin.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:00:20 AM

And adding to that people arguing for taxes will use the old cliche of "If we stopped paying the government taxes then we wouldn't have any roads and people would die on the street".
Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:12:07 AM

Good OP Smiley

Though I do 'agree' (loosely) with taxes, though I want to 'choose' what I pay my taxes for and who to. In my thoughts this isn't the definition of taxes, it's payment for services rendered. Taxes is just enforced robbery.

I don't want to be thrown in prison because I refuse to support wars that banksters are always starting for their bit for world domination.. I don't want to pay taxes for the police to brutalise or intimidate people, I don't want to pay taxes for the 'system' to throw me into prison..

But I don't mind 'donating' to health care for the elderly, or for better education (not the retarded system education), or for child nursery support for people that need it, and more nurses, more teachers...

I want the freedom to choose ..
Not the promise of prison if I don't give up my money ..

Answer - Decentralized government
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:17:48 AM

Which is why I don't understand people who advocate taxation. 
They're in the second-to-bottom row. That's why.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:19:11 AM

And adding to that people arguing for taxes will use the old cliche of "If we stopped paying the government taxes then we wouldn't have any roads and people would die on the street".

That's one of their only arguments; along with, "Everybody has to pay taxes, so you have to pay them, too."  Because apparently, everyone loves to wallow in their own shit, and if you don't force everyone to pay for better roads, no roads will ever be built.

To support taxation is to support violence and the killing of innocent people.  Anyone who understands this, completely understands this, and still supports such a system, lacks empathy; you mas as well call yourself a robot, a sociopath, someone who would kill if someone with a shiny badge walked in and said it was okay.  Yet we call ourselves "civilized".  We're still living as the Egyptians did; the circumstances are better, but the pyramids are still there.

Good OP Smiley

Though I do 'agree' (loosely) with taxes, though I want to 'choose' what I pay my taxes for and who to. In my thoughts this isn't the definition of taxes, it's payment for services rendered. Taxes is just enforced robbery.

I don't want to be thrown in prison because I refuse to support wars that banksters are always starting for their bit for world domination.. I don't want to pay taxes for the police to brutalise or intimidate people, I don't want to pay taxes for the 'system' to throw me into prison..

But I don't mind 'donating' to health care for the elderly, or for better education (not the retarded system education), or for child nursery support for people that need it, and more nurses, more teachers...

I want the freedom to choose ..
Not the promise of prison if I don't give up my money ..

That's commonly referred to as Anarchism Wink  And we are in complete agreement.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:27:26 AM

I'm pretty sure I've pointed you in this direction before... but it's still worth posting the link:
http://mises.org/document/2716

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Jobe7

Activity: 238

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:12:00 AM

I'm pretty sure I've pointed you in this direction before... but it's still worth posting the link:
http://mises.org/document/2716

Ye you have Smiley It's a very good read, but getting the idea across to others can be a tad bit difficult sometimes.. tends to challenge their fundamental beliefs and I swear I can almost hear their brains squeaking and smoke coming out their ears when I'm explaining it to them .. yes, seriously  Undecided
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 12:49:49 AM

am not so sure about that premise ("btc don't fit in there")
Where would you put it, then?

teodor87

Activity: 154

Man is King!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:12:36 AM

Bitcoin is great the way it is.

What needs to be solved is the backing up problem.

It's not backed up by anything really.

1BXi1DWT9U8snSr8wmuL7iihqphNiPRN9k
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 03:10:29 PM

Bitcoin is great the way it is.

What needs to be solved is the backing up problem.

It's not backed up by anything really.
Neither is gold. Just like gold, it doesn't need backing.

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:33:34 PM

Bitcoin doesn't fit in this picture.  Grin

...snip ...
Dr. David M. Hart is biased, don't trust the pic.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: