Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:12:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Trump scrap Nasa climate research ?
Yes - 1 (33.3%)
No - 1 (33.3%)
Maybe - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Trump to scrap Nasa climate research ?  (Read 304 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:08:21 PM

Trump to scrap Nasa climate research in crackdown on ‘politicized science’

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1314722-trump-to-scrap-nasa-climate-research-in-crackdown-on-%E2%80%98politicized-science%E2%80%99/

Nasa’s Earth science division is set to be stripped of funding as the president-elect seeks to shift focus away from home in favor of deep space exploration

Donald Trump is poised to eliminate all climate change research conducted by Nasa as part of a crackdown on “politicized science”, his senior adviser on issues relating to the space agency has said.

Nasa’s Earth science division is set to be stripped of funding in favor of exploration of deep space, with the president-elect having set a goal during the campaign to explore the entire solar system by the end of the century.

This would mean the elimination of Nasa’s world-renowned research into temperature, ice, clouds and other climate phenomena. Nasa’s network of satellites provide a wealth of information on climate change, with the Earth science division’s budget set to grow to $2bn next year. By comparison, space exploration has been scaled back somewhat, with a proposed budget of $2.8bn in 2017.

Bob Walker, a senior Trump campaign adviser, said there was no need for Nasa to do what he has previously described as “politically correct environmental monitoring”.

“We see Nasa in an exploration role, in deep space research,” Walker told the Guardian. “Earth-centric science is better placed at other agencies where it is their prime mission.

“My guess is that it would be difficult to stop all ongoing Nasa programs but future programs should definitely be placed with other agencies. I believe that climate research is necessary but it has been heavily politicized, which has undermined a lot of the work that researchers have been doing. Mr Trump’s decisions will be based upon solid science, not politicized science.”

Trump has previously said that climate change is a “hoax” perpetrated by the Chinese, although on Tuesday he said there is “some connectivity” between human actions and the climate. There is overwhelming and long-established evidence that burning fossil fuels and deforestation causes the release of heat-trapping gases, therefore causing the warming experienced in recent decades.

Walker, however, claimed that doubt over the role of human activity in climate change “is a view shared by half the climatologists in the world. We need good science to tell us what the reality is and science could do that if politicians didn’t interfere with it.”

He thinks Global warming is a myth i think.
I think it is happening but probably because of a few factors.. including humans.
I do believe a lot of the info on it is warped and dishonest and has started a greedy "green" economy.
The TV show Conspiracy Theory with Jessie Ventura was pretty good showcasing a lot of the BS with it all.
We need the research though..

And it's NASA special position and space / satellite abilities etc that have the means to do the research.
You can't do a lot of the studies from the ground.
I don't see it as so much about blaming humans as i do analyzing Earth to see how it works.
We are in fact still learning new things all the time.. BECAUSE of the research NASA has been doing.. which is NOW cancelled !

One of my favorite sites will get less data now.. spaceweather.com.

I can't stand Drumpf.. he is Hitler incarnate.

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kvazimoda

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:12:46 PM

Trump you idiot! I do not understand how it was possible to vote for him. That stupid bastard doesn't understand what he says. He had not yet became President, and America and the world is already reeling. I'm in shock!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:24:46 PM

Trump to scrap Nasa climate research in crackdown on ‘politicized science’

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1314722-trump-to-scrap-nasa-climate-research-in-crackdown-on-%E2%80%98politicized-science%E2%80%99/

Nasa’s Earth science division is set to be stripped of funding as the president-elect seeks to shift focus away from home in favor of deep space exploration

Donald Trump is poised to eliminate all climate change research conducted by Nasa as part of a crackdown on “politicized science”, his senior adviser on issues relating to the space agency has said.

Nasa’s Earth science division is set to be stripped of funding in favor of exploration of deep space, with the president-elect having set a goal during the campaign to explore the entire solar system by the end of the century.

This would mean the elimination of Nasa’s world-renowned research into temperature, ice, clouds and other climate phenomena. Nasa’s network of satellites provide a wealth of information on climate change, with the Earth science division’s budget set to grow to $2bn next year. By comparison, space exploration has been scaled back somewhat, with a proposed budget of $2.8bn in 2017.

Bob Walker, a senior Trump campaign adviser, said there was no need for Nasa to do what he has previously described as “politically correct environmental monitoring”.

“We see Nasa in an exploration role, in deep space research,” Walker told the Guardian. “Earth-centric science is better placed at other agencies where it is their prime mission.

“My guess is that it would be difficult to stop all ongoing Nasa programs but future programs should definitely be placed with other agencies. I believe that climate research is necessary but it has been heavily politicized, which has undermined a lot of the work that researchers have been doing. Mr Trump’s decisions will be based upon solid science, not politicized science.”

Trump has previously said that climate change is a “hoax” perpetrated by the Chinese, although on Tuesday he said there is “some connectivity” between human actions and the climate. There is overwhelming and long-established evidence that burning fossil fuels and deforestation causes the release of heat-trapping gases, therefore causing the warming experienced in recent decades.

Walker, however, claimed that doubt over the role of human activity in climate change “is a view shared by half the climatologists in the world. We need good science to tell us what the reality is and science could do that if politicians didn’t interfere with it.”

He thinks Global warming is a myth i think.
I think it is happening but probably because of a few factors.. including humans.
I do believe a lot of the info on it is warped and dishonest and has started a greedy "green" economy.
The TV show Conspiracy Theory with Jessie Ventura was pretty good showcasing a lot of the BS with it all.
We need the research though..

And it's NASA special position and space / satellite abilities etc that have the means to do the research.
You can't do a lot of the studies from the ground.
I don't see it as so much about blaming humans as i do analyzing Earth to see how it works.
We are in fact still learning new things all the time.. BECAUSE of the research NASA has been doing.. which is NOW cancelled !

One of my favorite sites will get less data now.. spaceweather.com.

I can't stand Drumpf.. he is Hitler incarnate.

FYI, NASA = "National Aerospace and Space Administration."

"Aerospace" includes weather, aircraft, various things that are not "Space."

Having said that, NASA climate science under Dr. Hansen and Gavin Schmidt is a total joke of propaganda.  This is the side that runs the network of ground thermometers.

The side of NASA that runs the temperature sensing SATELLITES does not seem to have a problem with being politicized.
btvlGainer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 06:12:19 PM

Now Trump expect solid stupid. Why do you think he so stupid? I think he was smart enough just managed with idiotic promises to come to power. Now he will change the rhetoric and will do quite predictable steps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: