Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:23:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetHub.io - BETA! Prepare your bodies.  (Read 6618 times)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:24:17 PM

Hey, so implementing FaucetHUB over here,

first of all, could you please merge this patch?
Code:
-snip-
-- because if it failed, it failed, magical silent retry with another method is evil -- controversial
etc

Feel free to ignore the code, but please do tend to the problems it solves. And of course, ask me anything if it needs any clarifications.

Next up, I've signed up with AddressA. Now I'm trying to withdraw to AddressB, and FH suggests I link it to my account on address check page.

(Honestly, this whole "signup before use" is not something I like at all, but I'll post at another thread to keep this one clean)

But, anyways, as I try to link the address, by clicking the buton, I just get redirected to my dashboard... And it looks like there is no option to link currently? I see my original AddressA there, with no ability to change it. Game over?

And the most important question of all: where do I get 'em sweet fake coins?

Done, please check it out Smiley
Gifted

Activity: 504
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 05:27:29 PM

Invalid Bitcoin Address
The address entered is not a valid Bitcoin address

For xapo addresses . Will this be fixed?
I'll see what I can do.

I'm not really a fan of XAPO. I consider it more like a bank, than a wallet.
Bitcoin's philosophy is against such things. Bitcoin requires anonymity ;p

The problem is fixable , you just need to let the faucet accept multi sig addresses that start with 3
Kazuldur
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 05:31:13 PM

Invalid Bitcoin Address
The address entered is not a valid Bitcoin address

For xapo addresses . Will this be fixed?
I'll see what I can do.

I'm not really a fan of XAPO. I consider it more like a bank, than a wallet.
Bitcoin's philosophy is against such things. Bitcoin requires anonymity ;p

The problem is fixable , you just need to let the faucet accept multi sig addresses that start with 3

Not only Xapo uses P2SH (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Pay_to_script_hash) addresses. Many wallets do and it's a great way to increase security of coins.
There are also P2SH addresses for other currencies. However note that P2SH addresses for Bitcoin and Litecoin are indistinguishable, which means that a valid Bitcoin P2SH address is also valid Litecoin P2SH address. If you expect that address itself can be used as a unique qualifier, that may be problematic.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
toecutter

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 06:11:45 PM

Done, please check it out :)

Awesome!!! I'm merging it back. One sore note, though, and I feel really really stupid, as the patch missed that change:

Code:
-        $fp = fopen($this->api_base . $method, 'rb', null, $ctx);
+        $fp = @fopen($this->api_base . $method, 'rb', null, $ctx);
-        $response = json_decode($response, true);
+        $response = @json_decode($response, true);

those two adjustments really are needed.

I know you probably have an aversion to error-silencing "feature" of PHP, but as both those functions emit Warnings in addition to returning null when something goes wrong, it's the way to go. Plus we check the return values as soon as possible, it's fine really.

Sorry again for wasting your time with incomplete patch :(

BTW, http://faucethub.io/phplib lists "PDO module for PHP" and "PDO compatible database and PHP driver" under Requirements. As you know, those aren't really used in the bare lib. You could also downgrade "cURL PHP module" to "Optional/Recommended" while you're at it.

Still waiting for an ability to link multiple addresses into single account and to get my hands on those precious -FAKE- DOGE coins. Burning with excitement, even! :)

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 07:16:24 PM

LOL

http://faucethub.io/admin

Grin

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 08:49:46 PM

You had to, didn't you?! Cheesy
Now i'm stuck listening it.

Done, please check it out Smiley

Awesome!!! I'm merging it back. One sore note, though, and I feel really really stupid, as the patch missed that change:

Code:
-        $fp = fopen($this->api_base . $method, 'rb', null, $ctx);
+        $fp = @fopen($this->api_base . $method, 'rb', null, $ctx);
-        $response = json_decode($response, true);
+        $response = @json_decode($response, true);

those two adjustments really are needed.

I know you probably have an aversion to error-silencing "feature" of PHP, but as both those functions emit Warnings in addition to returning null when something goes wrong, it's the way to go. Plus we check the return values as soon as possible, it's fine really.

Sorry again for wasting your time with incomplete patch Sad

BTW, http://faucethub.io/phplib lists "PDO module for PHP" and "PDO compatible database and PHP driver" under Requirements. As you know, those aren't really used in the bare lib. You could also downgrade "cURL PHP module" to "Optional/Recommended" while you're at it.

Still waiting for an ability to link multiple addresses into single account and to get my hands on those precious -FAKE- DOGE coins. Burning with excitement, even! Smiley
Working on multi addy feature. I'm really against this, but if it's gonna help you guys, then it's fine. (Sad_face.png)

Suppressing of errors is a bad thing to have, and that error handling is something thats very much down to the server environment and php configuration Sad

Can you please test with BTC for now, instead of DOGE? (Or you have only the ability to test DOGE?)
tomos81

Activity: 952
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 08:55:37 PM

@mexicantarget - do you know about the bug - the addresses starting with 3 are not accepted? One of my BTC game player complained about that

PS: I am going to make fake withdraw button now Smiley
So i can change temporarily https to http ?

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:02:07 PM

@mexicantarget - do you know about the bug - the addresses starting with 3 are not accepted? One of my BTC game player complained about that

PS: I am going to make fake withdraw button now Smiley
So i can change temporarily https to http ?
That user should try again. I might have fixed it. Please let me know if it works if anyone can test/confirm this.

Yeah, you can use http for now. Live version will have SSL/HTTPS.
toecutter

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 09:17:39 PM

Suppressing of errors is a bad thing to have, and that error handling is something thats very much down to the server environment and php configuration Sad

Alright :/

Working on multi addy feature. I'm really against this, but if it's gonna help you guys, then it's fine. (Sad_face.png)

Wait, if you think that this request is unreasonable, you should just explain the expected workflow and we would just follow it. I simply assumed testing this whole system expects at least 2 different BTC addresses to be involved? Or should we just get multiple accounts, or..? Otherwise, good to hear, can't wait to see it in action!

Can you please test with BTC for now, instead of DOGE? (Or you have only the ability to test DOGE?)

No, BTC would do just fine, I was just kidding, don't worry about it.

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:37:55 PM

Alright :/

Wait, if you think that this request is unreasonable, you should just explain the expected workflow and we would just follow it. I simply assumed testing this whole system expects at least 2 different BTC addresses to be involved? Or should we just get multiple accounts, or..? Otherwise, good to hear, can't wait to see it in action!

No, BTC would do just fine, I was just kidding, don't worry about it.
90% done with multi-addresses Smiley

PS: Remind me to give you 0.001 BTC when you start using FH.

("reward", test purposes)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:07:17 PM

Multi addresses per account finished. I need users confirm it works.
http://faucethub.io/dashboard

Because of this addon, everyone will need to re-add their addresses. (The ones you linked in your accounts)
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:09:09 PM

iam a bit confused Huh
on your page stands this is a BTA test and all balances are fake Huh
also you say balnces will be zerored ?

so i cant deposit somethink that m users can withdraw ?
dont really understand the status of page Grin

kind regards
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:12:21 PM

iam a bit confused Huh
on your page stands this is a BTA test and all balances are fake Huh
also you say balnces will be zerored ?

so i cant deposit somethink that m users can withdraw ?
dont really understand the status of page Grin

kind regards
It means that you can play with APIs and other stuff.
All balances are fake so you can test the site before you add it in your site Cheesy (When it launches)

I need to know 100% all APIs are working for everyone and everyone understands how to use the stuff needed
tomos81

Activity: 952
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:39:29 PM

Feature sugestion:

If i am a faucet owner, and faucet user (2 in 1) , it would be pretty feature to send satoshis from your user's wallet to faucet wallet Smiley

▄███████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
toecutter

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 10:41:34 PM

Because of this addon, everyone will need to re-add their addresses. (The ones you linked in your accounts)

Woah, that was fast!

So I finally sent 1 satoshi using the API, and it looks like everything works as expected! Congrats, everything went smoothly!

However, the whole notion of multi-addr is hard to grasp given you have combined balance for everything... Is that a bug or a feature? If it's actually a feature, it's actually kinda cool, but which address will the system use for payouts then? What exactly is the progress bar showing?

And on a related note, similar question arose even before the multi-addr. So we have one account as faucet owners and users. Kinda cool and convenient. But then... going to /balance/Address shows you you're about to reach the threshold, and that the satoshi are about to be sent to you? The same satoshi you actually deposited just now to spend on your faucet? Does it mean we're locked in a perpetual loop?

(The obvious answer is that I'm just missing something, and/or maybe some page is not showing what it's supposed to be, but in the slight case there really is a conceptual problem here, please take a look).

redukt

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:42:44 PM

Feature suggestion: allow for multiple earning amounts, keyed to the percentage likelihood that you will earn that amount; this is an awkward way of asking that you essentially duplicate the FaucetBox withdrawal scheme, where any amount of currency may be entered as a reward along with the likelihood out of 100% total that this amount will be earned any given use of the faucet.

Many thanks for your hard work and stepping up so quickly in light of the news re: FaucetBox closing!
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:46:56 PM

Feature sugestion:

If i am a faucet owner, and faucet user (2 in 1) , it would be pretty feature to send satoshis from your user's wallet to faucet wallet Smiley
That's already done Smiley You just need to have patience until launch.
There's a lot of hidden features I didn't launch now in beta.

HTTPS added.

PS: Writing reply for other comments
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:56:16 PM

Woah, that was fast!

So I finally sent 1 satoshi using the API, and it looks like everything works as expected! Congrats, everything went smoothly!

However, the whole notion of multi-addr is hard to grasp given you have combined balance for everything... Is that a bug or a feature? If it's actually a feature, it's actually kinda cool, but which address will the system use for payouts then? What exactly is the progress bar showing?

And on a related note, similar question arose even before the multi-addr. So we have one account as faucet owners and users. Kinda cool and convenient. But then... going to /balance/Address shows you you're about to reach the threshold, and that the satoshi are about to be sent to you? The same satoshi you actually deposited just now to spend on your faucet? Does it mean we're locked in a perpetual loop?

(The obvious answer is that I'm just missing something, and/or maybe some page is not showing what it's supposed to be, but in the slight case there really is a conceptual problem here, please take a look).

You may be right about the balance check page showing an incorrect amount, since it was not designed with multi addresses in mind. I will update it to reflect the differences. Each address linked to your account will have the payouts it received sent to it upon the threshold, however the threshold you set is the same for each address.

Feature suggestion: allow for multiple earning amounts, keyed to the percentage likelihood that you will earn that amount; this is an awkward way of asking that you essentially duplicate the FaucetBox withdrawal scheme, where any amount of currency may be entered as a reward along with the likelihood out of 100% total that this amount will be earned any given use of the faucet.

Many thanks for your hard work and stepping up so quickly in light of the news re: FaucetBox closing!
I'll see what I can do Smiley
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:16:41 PM

Address Linked
Your address has been added to your account!
You may now recieve payouts instantly from any faucet/website using the address 3QdS5DNSy8AndnXCA8j2yJFNTufwCMu1mk

Thanks for this update Wink

And its gone.
toecutter

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 11:25:19 PM

You may be right about the balance check page showing an incorrect amount, since it was not designed with multi addresses in mind. I will update it to reflect the differences. Each address linked to your account will have the payouts it received sent to it upon the threshold, however the threshold you set is the same for each address.

The part about different addresses for single user is now 100% clear, thank you. In that case, yeah, check the balance check page.

The part about owner/user is not that clear. For example, right now I've got 284 satoshi from your rainmaster. Those satoshi are showing up both on the user side and on the owner side. I'm not sure if those 2 sides should or should not be separated at all, conceptually..? But I was able to use those 284 satoshi to send myself 1, to end up with 284.

Are those questions making any sense? Should I just wait for the next update?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: