Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:38:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetHub.io - BETA! Prepare your bodies.  (Read 6618 times)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:41:36 AM

I think there is a bug here, I clicked on TEMPLATES tab, so Template "base" and the things became a bit strange. And now the templates tab with those options of faucet colours top, bottom, left, right... don't appear. I'm clicking the tab icons, but they are a bit mad (almost of them).

You should ask the person who uploaded the template for you fix it
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:54:03 AM

I think there is a bug here, I clicked on TEMPLATES tab, so Template "base" and the things became a bit strange. And now the templates tab with those options of faucet colours top, bottom, left, right... don't appear. I'm clicking the tab icons, but they are a bit mad (almost of them).

You should ask the person who uploaded the template for you fix it

Sorry, it doesn't have relation with FaucetHub, it's a bug on the admin panel.

My faucet is already working with FaucetHub system, if anyone would like to test would be nice, you can earn some fake coins: http://cashoutfaucet.top/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
AvalonRychmon

Activity: 141
Merit: 24

Gr8.cc - Faucet Script

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 07:17:13 AM

Mex, One thing I did enjoy about epay url is the ability to add a wallet address into the url and it was applied to the site.

example http://yourfaucet.com/?w=bitcoinaddress&r=referalbitcoinaddress

the "w" variable is added to the bitcoin address of the site so no need to add copy and paste.
Great for faucet list like mine. Would save user time one claiming from faucet and proceeding to the faucet list.

~AvalonRychmon

felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 11:12:36 AM

Mex, One thing I did enjoy about epay url is the ability to add a wallet address into the url and it was applied to the site.

the "w" variable is added to the bitcoin address of the site so no need to add copy and paste.
Great for faucet list like mine. Would save user time one claiming from faucet and proceeding to the faucet list.

~AvalonRychmon

hmmm but for this feature all faucets must have the same Script or even the the refferal url XD
if this would be optional its ok ,)

BTW: when will deposits on faucethub be  possible ?

kind regards
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:03:00 PM

~AvalonRychmon

hmmm but for this feature all faucets must have the same Script or even the the refferal url XD
if this would be optional its ok ,)

BTW: when will deposits on faucethub be  possible ?

kind regards
Soon Smiley
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:10:34 PM

Remember this, Paytoshi was two weeks behind the faucetbox announcement.

And its gone.
FaucetBoxTemplates

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:12:06 PM

Soon Smiley

When you gonna release your own script for faucets ?
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:25:55 PM

Soon Smiley

When you gonna release your own script for faucets ?
1-3 months. Not in a hurry for this
alamin99

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:08:46 AM

Why there is no faucethub.io option? I saw the faucethub.php file in libs/services. I am using r68 version. I want to try the beta version of faucethub.io.
AvalonRychmon

Activity: 141
Merit: 24

Gr8.cc - Faucet Script

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 03:08:33 PM

Why there is no faucethub.io option? I saw the faucethub.php file in libs/services. I am using r68 version. I want to try the beta version of faucethub.io.

There actually is.

If you look at "libs->services.php" you can add it yourself quite easily.

The code looks like this with FaucetHUB marked out.
Code:
<?php

require("libs/services/faucetbox.php");
require(
"libs/services/epay.php");
require(
"libs/services/paytoshi.php");
require(
"libs/services/faucetsystem.php");

class 
Service {
    public static 
$services = [

"faucetbox" => [

"name" => "FaucetBOX.com",

"currencies" => [

"BTC""LTC""DOGE""PPC""XPM""DASH"

]
        ],

"epay" => [

"name" => "ePay.info",

"currencies" => [

"BTC""LTC""DOGE""DASH""XMR""PPC""XPM""ETH"

]
        ],

"paytoshi" => [

"name" => "Paytoshi",

"currencies" => [ "BTC" ]
        ],

"faucetsystem" => [

"name" => "FaucetSystem.com",

],
//        "faucethub" => [
//            "name" => "FaucetHub.io",
//            "currencies" => [
//                "BTC", "LTC", "DOGE"
//            ]
//        ],

]

By simply adding "require("libs/services/faucethub.php");" below all the other required file & removing the "//"
The FaucetHub will show up in your list in Admin Panel.

Also you need to change the payout link on line 140 so your users go to the right page.
Code:
$check_url = "https://faucethub.io/balance/".rawurlencode($to)

Hope this helps
~AvalonRychmon.

P.S. You have 2 links in your sig.
#1. http://bitcoinbar.xyz - Popups and Ads Take over your site. As a someone that claims from Faucets,
Your site sucks! Let's be honest are you getting rich with all that garbage?
#2. http://btc4ref.online - Its Broken.

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:21:28 PM

I'll say this once and most likely only once, so that people are clear on my views about this "account" vs "no account/anon" thing. Hopefully by the end you'll understand exactly where I'm coming from and why I chose this route.

Let's look at anon accounts for a moment
First of all I would like to thank FaucetBox for their project and what they brought to the community over these past years. Thanks to them my faucets are better off. I really respect what theys stood for up until now, but I have to talk about the concept and it's flaws for a little bit.

FaucetBox uses anon accounts. That is, any user with a crypto currency address can go to any faucet or website which uses faucetbox and request a claim. That user does not need an account, and they will get the coins without needing any kind of second step or hassle in between the faucet and them receiving the payment. This is how everyone (users and owners) is used to the way the current "faucet industry" works. On the surface there's nothing wrong with this and it's pretty convinient, but convinience comes at a price.

There's a lot of good things about anon accounts:

• Is it easy for users? yes
  • Is it easy for new users? yes
  • Is it easy for faucet owners users? yes

You might think the above points are all you need to swing towards keeping the "anon" accounts side of this, but these points are exactly why it's so dangerous for th faucet industry.

But mex, my users need it easy
Do they really? Let's take a look at this: if it's easy for users it's easy for bots too.

Many people are trying to setup a new faucet today using faucetbox's "faucet in a box" script, and many of them will fail and have their faucet emptied quick. Others may have a bigger budget and can afford to stick at it a bit longer. All of these sites suffer from bot attacks. And of course what happens is they go and moan to faucetbox about their script and bots, and how they need better anti bot etc. They seem to expect that faucetbox will release a magic update which contains the best anti-bot they ever saw, that their balance can be protected and reserves for the rightful users and claimers.

Everyone by now knows the problem which bots cause. They look like regular users, they drain the faucet owners balance faster, they don't contribute to advertisement revenue, they dirty the faucet with bad IP, they give the site a bad traffic rating, they impact globally on analytics and google adsense's view of the site, and many more problems.

• Captchas? - can be bypassed
  • IP addresses block? - bypass by VPNs and proxies 1000 times over
  • User agent? - can be faked
  • HTTP request headers? - can be faked/forged
  • Bitcoin address blacklist? - it takes 1 second or less for bots to generate another 1000 addresses

I've been running my faucets for almost a year now. I have a a lot of anti-bot mechinisms, honey pots and traps all set up to try and catch bots. In addition to automated methods I can spot bots on my sites through social engineering, looking through and chatting with users to know if they are botting or not from their behaviour and how they talk. Not every faucet owner can do this or has the time for it. There is one thing I learned the hard way: there is no real antibot.

The fight against bots is an on-going struggle which will go on forever. Especially in this day and age where it's possible to hide your IP and completely automate your entire web browser session to manipulate a site, bypass a captcha and appear exactly like a regular user.

For the above reasons the typical "faucet in a box" faucets will fail very quickly without advanced knowledge of bot detection or a custom script.

Having said all of the above, that's no reason to give up. It's better to act in a preventative way than not to act at all on the problem.

It's all about incentive
This brings me back to the original point that if its easy for users its easy for bots. If there is an incentive, however big or small, and its a quick and easy method, they will exploit it on a mass scale. "Faucet in a box" script and other similar scripts are widely used, making them an easy target. Someone can make a bot for 1 site, and it would work on all sites using the same script. They don't even need an account, it's just rinse and repeat.

So... how do accounts solve the problem?
I'll come straight out and say that they don't solve the problem, they greatly reduce the problem. Here's why: making an account on faucethub is pretty easy, but it requires a valid email address. Before they make any withdraw they have to click the link in the email and activate. This is one extra step in the process that all bots need to take before they can exploit a FaucetHub faucet. This is not a particularly hard task for a bot to do, however it does take away some incentive from a lot of botters to try doing it on a mass scale.

Having user accounts allows for a lot of other protection to be built into the platform to have the inner workings tie together multiple users, weed out shared IP addresses, find malicious user-agents, mass ban the use of one-time email addresses and bad providers, and mass ban the use of multi-wallets and all sorts of other mechanisms that are not possible without an account.

Ok, I understand why you offer accounts, but why are they forced upon every user?
If they were not forced (like other providers who have accounts as an optional thing), then we might as well not have them at all. Simply becuase botters wont make an account if they don't have to.

Is it slightly annoying for users? Yes. Is it slightly annoying for new users? Yes. Is it slightly annoying for faucet owners? Not really.

You might think that a faucet needs to be easily accessible to all users and they should be able to get their claim in 1 click with nothing else needed. Name any other site which lets you do anything useful without an account? Bank account, paypal, ebay, even this forum. They all require accounts and valid verification to use the service.

Users don't understand "magic"
A lot of faucet owners think its easy for users to use a faucet "without knowing they are using faucetbox". They are worried about user adoption and adding more steps into the processes. I think this statement is false. With all the users I've come across with my faucets there's seen so many who contact me with these questions, and I'm sure I'm not the only faucet owner who deals with this.

"How do I make an account on faucetbox?"
"Can you send direct to my wallet, I don't have an account on faucetbox"
"I did a withdraw and my coins are not in my wallet its been 12 hours!!!"
"I made an account but my balance is 0 at faucetbox where are my coins!"
"I did a withdraw to faucetbox, but I dont have an account there?Huh??"

The service that faucetbox provided is truly "magic" in the eyes of some users. They don't understand what the need or purpose for faucetbox is. They don't understand that an account does not exist on faucetbox for users, despite the site being covered with info stating they don't need it. They don't know where their coins have gone despite reading that they went to faucetbox.com.

What they do understand, whether they are new or not to bitcoin is something like this: "You got $5 on PayPal". Why do they understand this? Because they know they have an account at PayPal, and therefore they are instantly aware of where their money is and how to manage it. They won't need to ask those questions above to faucet owners OR to faucethub.

---

That's a pretty long take on the situation, and I hope that people are clear on why I chose the "must have an account" route for FaucetHub. If anyone has any suggestions for the system I'm still open to hear it and discuss it, but don't expect the same kind of response in future when I've already made the above post.

This reply is aimed at everyone who PMd me trying to convince me that faucethub should be a carbon copy of faucetBOX.
Get over it. Faucet industry is going to change when FH launches.

Sorry for the long post, I don't have any potatos.
alamin99

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:30:28 PM

There actually is.

If you look at "libs->services.php" you can add it yourself quite easily.

The code looks like this with FaucetHUB marked out.
Code:
<?php

require("libs/services/faucetbox.php");
require(
"libs/services/epay.php");
require(
"libs/services/paytoshi.php");
require(
"libs/services/faucetsystem.php");

class 
Service {
    public static 
$services = [

"faucetbox" => [

"name" => "FaucetBOX.com",

"currencies" => [

"BTC""LTC""DOGE""PPC""XPM""DASH"

]
        ],

"epay" => [

"name" => "ePay.info",

"currencies" => [

"BTC""LTC""DOGE""DASH""XMR""PPC""XPM""ETH"

]
        ],

"paytoshi" => [

"name" => "Paytoshi",

],

"faucetsystem" => [

"name" => "FaucetSystem.com",

],
//        "faucethub" => [
//            "name" => "FaucetHub.io",
//            "currencies" => [
//                "BTC", "LTC", "DOGE"
//            ]
//        ],

]

By simply adding "require("libs/services/faucethub.php");" below all the other required file & removing the "//"
The FaucetHub will show up in your list in Admin Panel.

Also you need to change the payout link on line 140 so your users go to the right page.
Code:
$check_url = "https://faucethub.io/balance/".rawurlencode($to)

Hope this helps
~AvalonRychmon.

P.S. You have 2 links in your sig.
#1. http://bitcoinbar.xyz - Popups and Ads Take over your site. As a someone that claims from Faucets,
Your site sucks! Let's be honest are you getting rich with all that garbage?
#2. http://btc4ref.online - Its Broken.

Thanks a lot for your help. Because of a lot of bot attacks, I have lost millions of satoshi and thats why I have added the pop ups to cover the money. Ask the old users, these were clean faucets. But now, I am not working on my site. I am waiting for faucethub's arrival. I have purchased 3 more domains cryptonic.co, bitcoingame.biz and freebit.today and professional and personal web-hosting plan in namecheap.com. So, it's gonna be a serious.
Gifted

Activity: 504
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:48:18 PM

I'll say this once and most likely only once, so that people are clear on my views about this "account" vs "no account/anon" thing. Hopefully by the end you'll understand exactly where I'm coming from and why I chose this route.

Let's look at anon accounts for a moment
First of all I would like to thank FaucetBox for their project and what they brought to the community over these past years. Thanks to them my faucets are better off. I really respect what theys stood for up until now, but I have to talk about the concept and it's flaws for a little bit.

FaucetBox uses anon accounts. That is, any user with a crypto currency address can go to any faucet or website which uses faucetbox and request a claim. That user does not need an account, and they will get the coins without needing any kind of second step or hassle in between the faucet and them receiving the payment. This is how everyone (users and owners) is used to the way the current "faucet industry" works. On the surface there's nothing wrong with this and it's pretty convinient, but convinience comes at a price.

There's a lot of good things about anon accounts:

• Is it easy for users? yes
  • Is it easy for new users? yes
  • Is it easy for faucet owners users? yes

You might think the above points are all you need to swing towards keeping the "anon" accounts side of this, but these points are exactly why it's so dangerous for th faucet industry.

But mex, my users need it easy
Do they really? Let's take a look at this: if it's easy for users it's easy for bots too.

Many people are trying to setup a new faucet today using faucetbox's "faucet in a box" script, and many of them will fail and have their faucet emptied quick. Others may have a bigger budget and can afford to stick at it a bit longer. All of these sites suffer from bot attacks. And of course what happens is they go and moan to faucetbox about their script and bots, and how they need better anti bot etc. They seem to expect that faucetbox will release a magic update which contains the best anti-bot they ever saw, that their balance can be protected and reserves for the rightful users and claimers.

Everyone by now knows the problem which bots cause. They look like regular users, they drain the faucet owners balance faster, they don't contribute to advertisement revenue, they dirty the faucet with bad IP, they give the site a bad traffic rating, they impact globally on analytics and google adsense's view of the site, and many more problems.

• Captchas? - can be bypassed
  • IP addresses block? - bypass by VPNs and proxies 1000 times over
  • User agent? - can be faked
  • HTTP request headers? - can be faked/forged
  • Bitcoin address blacklist? - it takes 1 second or less for bots to generate another 1000 addresses

I've been running my faucets for almost a year now. I have a a lot of anti-bot mechinisms, honey pots and traps all set up to try and catch bots. In addition to automated methods I can spot bots on my sites through social engineering, looking through and chatting with users to know if they are botting or not from their behaviour and how they talk. Not every faucet owner can do this or has the time for it. There is one thing I learned the hard way: there is no real antibot.

The fight against bots is an on-going struggle which will go on forever. Especially in this day and age where it's possible to hide your IP and completely automate your entire web browser session to manipulate a site, bypass a captcha and appear exactly like a regular user.

For the above reasons the typical "faucet in a box" faucets will fail very quickly without advanced knowledge of bot detection or a custom script.

Having said all of the above, that's no reason to give up. It's better to act in a preventative way than not to act at all on the problem.

It's all about incentive
This brings me back to the original point that if its easy for users its easy for bots. If there is an incentive, however big or small, and its a quick and easy method, they will exploit it on a mass scale. "Faucet in a box" script and other similar scripts are widely used, making them an easy target. Someone can make a bot for 1 site, and it would work on all sites using the same script. They don't even need an account, it's just rinse and repeat.

So... how do accounts solve the problem?
I'll come straight out and say that they don't solve the problem, they greatly reduce the problem. Here's why: making an account on faucethub is pretty easy, but it requires a valid email address. Before they make any withdraw they have to click the link in the email and activate. This is one extra step in the process that all bots need to take before they can exploit a FaucetHub faucet. This is not a particularly hard task for a bot to do, however it does take away some incentive from a lot of botters to try doing it on a mass scale.

Having user accounts allows for a lot of other protection to be built into the platform to have the inner workings tie together multiple users, weed out shared IP addresses, find malicious user-agents, mass ban the use of one-time email addresses and bad providers, and mass ban the use of multi-wallets and all sorts of other mechanisms that are not possible without an account.

Ok, I understand why you offer accounts, but why are they forced upon every user?
If they were not forced (like other providers who have accounts as an optional thing), then we might as well not have them at all. Simply becuase botters wont make an account if they don't have to.

Is it slightly annoying for users? Yes. Is it slightly annoying for new users? Yes. Is it slightly annoying for faucet owners? Not really.

You might think that a faucet needs to be easily accessible to all users and they should be able to get their claim in 1 click with nothing else needed. Name any other site which lets you do anything useful without an account? Bank account, paypal, ebay, even this forum. They all require accounts and valid verification to use the service.

Users don't understand "magic"
A lot of faucet owners think its easy for users to use a faucet "without knowing they are using faucetbox". They are worried about user adoption and adding more steps into the processes. I think this statement is false. With all the users I've come across with my faucets there's seen so many who contact me with these questions, and I'm sure I'm not the only faucet owner who deals with this.

"How do I make an account on faucetbox?"
"Can you send direct to my wallet, I don't have an account on faucetbox"
"I did a withdraw and my coins are not in my wallet its been 12 hours!!!"
"I made an account but my balance is 0 at faucetbox where are my coins!"
"I did a withdraw to faucetbox, but I dont have an account there?Huh??"

The service that faucetbox provided is truly "magic" in the eyes of some users. They don't understand what the need or purpose for faucetbox is. They don't understand that an account does not exist on faucetbox for users, despite the site being covered with info stating they don't need it. They don't know where their coins have gone despite reading that they went to faucetbox.com.

What they do understand, whether they are new or not to bitcoin is something like this: "You got $5 on PayPal". Why do they understand this? Because they know they have an account at PayPal, and therefore they are instantly aware of where their money is and how to manage it. They won't need to ask those questions above to faucet owners OR to faucethub.

---

That's a pretty long take on the situation, and I hope that people are clear on why I chose the "must have an account" route for FaucetHub. If anyone has any suggestions for the system I'm still open to hear it and discuss it, but don't expect the same kind of response in future when I've already made the above post.

This reply is aimed at everyone who PMd me trying to convince me that faucethub should be a carbon copy of faucetBOX.
Get over it. Faucet industry is going to change when FH launches.

Sorry for the long post, I don't have any potatos.
This is why i chose Xapo in the beginning but even now they still get through. The problem with Xapo scripts was they were no management and updates to security . I have tried myself to patch security But in the end The only way to stop bots was to manual blacklist emails, ip's and BTC address. very big pain in the ass because they have to steal from you to ban them. I have shut down my Xapo Faucet until i see another option to fighting bots.
lex-m

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 12:15:24 PM

It would be very cool to have a WordPress plugin. Not for now I know, you got a lot of more important things to work on right now, but that would let users have a wide variety of templates and even blogs with a faucet page with little to no effort aside from adding the plugin to a specific page.

Updating a plugin there is so much easier than updating a faucetscript when you have a lot of custom stuffs.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:42:22 PM

It would be very cool to have a WordPress plugin. Not for now I know, you got a lot of more important things to work on right now, but that would let users have a wide variety of templates and even blogs with a faucet page with little to no effort aside from adding the plugin to a specific page.

Updating a plugin there is so much easier than updating a faucetscript when you have a lot of custom stuffs.
Wordpress plugins can be hacked, then websites can be hacked.
A big percentage of WP websites you hear got hacked is because:
a) Poor admin password strength, or
b) plugins

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:04:33 PM

@redukt, thanks a lot. It'll make people's lives easier Smiley

@everyone else,

please keep in mind, this is a 3rd party script and I'm not responsible for anything you do with it.

@
Gifted

Anti-bot protection is very hard. People who take things in their own hands have less bots, than users who're not familiar with code/systems
redukt

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:24:01 PM

@redukt, thanks a lot. It'll make people's lives easier Smiley

@everyone else,

please keep in mind, this is a 3rd party script and I'm not responsible for anything you do with
I too am responsible for nothing that happens while using this script. Although the files are simply a derivative of the official faucetinabox-r68 files and upon configuration and installation it works fine for me, because I did not write the original code you should just assume that even attempting to download these faucet script files will set your computer aflame; also, I did NOT implement antibotlinks or any other bot protection in this code.

Seriously though, part of why I put the modified script on GitHub is to encourage feed back and fixes should bugs be found. Help me help us all by opening issues and issuing pull requests as becomes necessary!

Hope you all find this code of use!
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:13:56 PM

Here's the news everyone is waiting for:

Site will launch in the next 2 days.
I'm currently testing live chain transactions, need to make sure everything will go as planned on launch.

If you need anything, join www.faucethub.io chat.
redukt

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:15:57 PM

I'm currently testing live chain transactions, need to make sure everything will go as planned on launch.

!!!!!

Very excited to test the live version!
catcatcatcaty

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:18:13 PM

DOGE and LTC as well?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: