Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: multiple cards without crossfire/sli  (Read 1596 times)
fuzznarf (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:50:54 AM

I have a ud7 board that will fit 4 cards. I currently have 2 7850's on the board, but also have 2 more in other computers.  since the 7850 can only crossfire 2 cards at a time, is it possible to run all 4 cards on the board independently without sli/crossfire for mining?Also, I am currently using reaper and cgminer. I prefer cgminer if there is a way to do it, but would use any miner software capable of recognizing all cards.

thanks
Oshero

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:52:16 AM

Yep, do it all the time.
You don't need to setup Crossfire or SLI for mining purposes and running multiple cards on a single motherboard won't be an issue.
In fact I've seen the extra compute overhead from Crossfire and SLI actually slow mining down, it's probably better to NOT use those features.
The only thing is that you may need dummy plugs for the cards not hooked to a monitor if you're using a Windows OS.

fuzznarf (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:57:17 AM

Oshero, thanks for the reply..

hmm.. i must be doing something wrong.. is there a setting I am missing?

i had the 7850's xs SLI and was getting 560khs
when I too the crossfire bridge off, I am only getting 300khs.

this tells me that only one card is mining.  How do I fix? what miner are you using?
Oshero

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:58:19 AM

What miner are you using, what command/script are you using to start it?
I can probably help you get that other card mining.

Is your OS Windows based?
Do you have a monitor plugged into the second card?
Zendata

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:04:04 AM

Yep, do it all the time.
You don't need to setup Crossfire or SLI for mining purposes and running multiple cards on a single motherboard won't be an issue.
In fact I've seen the extra compute overhead from Crossfire and SLI actually slow mining down, it's probably better to NOT use those features.
The only thing is that you may need dummy plugs for the cards not hooked to a monitor if you're using a Windows OS.

This.

I'm getting into mining myself and from everyone I hear SLI pretty much poops on your hashes. I'd say get some PCI extenders and call it a day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: