Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XFX 7970 Core edition Cancelled due to little bitches  (Read 2911 times)
Humanxlemming (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:13:40 PM

No reputation with no escrow = no sales on this forum. If you wont accept escrow from people that do have reputation = scammer.
You already sent me this in a message and I have to reply to it since you seemed to have cleaned it up.

If you do not like something then don't post why waste both my time and yours posting something that is best kept to yourself.

If I wanted to scam people would I have bothered to try and reach 100+ posts, No so go eat your tiny little brain.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 07:19:35 PM

No reputation with no escrow = no sales on this forum. If you wont accept escrow from people that do have reputation = scammer.

Sorry, but that's just not true. I have made many deals with people on this forum and have never used escrow, I've never been scammed or have scammed. Escrow is a personal choice, but I prefer trust. Don't judge people for having a different choice than yours.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Humanxlemming (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:28:58 PM

Sorry, but that's just not true. I have made many deals with people on this forum and have never used escrow, I've never been scammed or have scammed. Escrow is a personal choice, but I prefer trust. Don't judge people for having a different choice than yours.

See PatMan gets my point if you do not trust someone you do not have to trade and a lot of the time it is super easy to spot scammers.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:03:03 AM

well, has it sold yet?

Exactly - you are limiting your buying audience when you do that..

GL with sale and all, but don't get butthurt when not accepting escrow is pointed out..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
jasinlee

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:16:06 AM

well, has it sold yet?

Exactly - you are limiting your buying audience when you do that..

GL with sale and all, but don't get butthurt when not accepting escrow is pointed out..

See PatMan miter_myles gets my point if you do not trust someone you do not have to trade and a lot of the time it is super easy to spot scammers.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:42:58 AM

Seriously guys, who gives a fuck? The people who are bitching about no escrow are just mad because they want the card. And the OP is not going to use escrow. Let him sell the card however he wants. Who gives a shit that it's been sitting for a few days? If he is willing to wait for a buyer that is willing to not use escrow, then let him wait.

Sheesh.

Humanxlemming (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:05:45 AM

Seriously guys, who gives a fuck? The people who are bitching about no escrow are just mad because they want the card. And the OP is not going to use escrow. Let him sell the card however he wants. Who gives a shit that it's been sitting for a few days? If he is willing to wait for a buyer that is willing to not use escrow, then let him wait.

Sheesh.

miter_myles

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:54:59 AM

Guess he isn't "that strapped for cash" then..  Wink

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Humanxlemming (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:33:22 PM

If I have to put up with peoples BS
I rather wait till a decent user like patman is wanting the card.
nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:11:10 PM

Yeah right, decent users are the ones that dont want escrow. Im not trying to say that you are a scammer, but it seems like this.
Hope your sell goes fine for both sides, or even better, find someone locally to do the trade
Humanxlemming (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:54:23 PM

Yeah right, decent users are the ones that dont want escrow. Im not trying to say that you are a scammer, but it seems like this.
Hope your sell goes fine for both sides, or even better, find someone locally to do the trade

"Im not trying to say that you are a scammer, but it seems like this." That is the greatest example of a contradiction.
Clearfly

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:12:02 AM

I might be interested.

Like others will only use Escrow, I've used John one of the moderators here when i sold a couple grands worth of stuff to Lenny.
No problems at all.

Or i'm in the Midlands if you want to do a face to face exchange.
MKEGuy

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:02:43 AM

If I could offer a bit of advice and third part words of wisdom...

There are pool operators that provide escrow services.  Do you really think they are going to risk their rep and income from their pools over a couple bucks for escrow services?  Not chance! Smiley  I'm not naming any names because I dont want you to think I'm in with someone trying to nail you down to someone specific so we can scam ya.  I know how it can feel to get scammed and it makes it tough to trust others.  But your rep is everything in this community, except for a guy I bought riser cables from apparently, but if I had to accept an escrow someone who runs a pool would be at the top of my list because they have way to much to lose over like what, $5 or $10??

Because the other side of the coin is buyers who have been scammed time and time again and 99.9% of the time when a seller wont accept escrow with no rep, they get tagged with scammer tags soon after.

If you have >100 posts play the Circle of Trust Game  If I have helped you in any way, or you are just feeling generous... please feel free to donate! Smiley LNarfMNLyymkS9WYQFLcmr46AeMYNP8Qj2
VishwaJay

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:04:45 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 02:16:43 PM by VishwaJay

I'm making three points (for those who see a tl;dr coming with the size of this post):

1: Escrow tends to add cost without really adding value.
2: Escrow is only useful when you really, really distrust the other side of the sale (or just mistrust in general).
3: Escrow requires a centralized trust for cash flow.

And now for the justifications of these two points:

The cost of maintaining an escrow account is pretty straightforward: at a bank, you pay a fee plus a percentage of the transaction amounts on a regular basis (which can vary depending on the amounts). In the BTC world, there isn't necessarily a built-in or "standard" cost.

We can't verify how much is attached to any particular BTC address.

If you scam someone here, you pretty much can't do business again--it's just not wise to piss off the community.

And for the final point: you are asking for centralized trust in a decentralized system. Once you pay, the money goes out. If it goes to the wrong address, you have no means of verifying or validating. But the real power here is the social one: you might make a BTC with a sale, but if it's less than about £1000 in value (7-8 BTC as I write this), it is really worth risking ever being able to do business again?

Lots of people hide behind the anonymity of the forum, but in reality a theft online is still a theft, and can be reported as such. The system breaks down when we don't invest trust, which is why the system works the way it does: it's no longer impersonal. You are dealing direct with someone, instead of using bankers as intermediaries.

Is it really worth devaluating everyone's investments into this system to make a couple hundred pounds/euros/dollars? That's why trust is important.

Escrow... it breaks some of the core ideas of decentralization. And while I can sympathize with both sides of this (buyers and sellers both, who want to ensure that things go through), someone who is new to the community (like myself) doesn't know enough about who's who in order to say that anyone is or isn't trustworthy. But what I can say is that human trust is as much of an investment as the finances involved. But unlike BTC (or any cryptocurrency, fiat currency, or commmodity), you can't escrow trust: either you invest it, or you don't.

If someone really wants to escrow something, consider the total result of doing it, not just the finances involved. It hurts the community to require it, and it hurts the community to break trust. THAT is why the 'scammer' tag is really important. It's a way of establishing that someone cannot be trusted. If someone has been around a few months or years, has a well-established account with a few dozen posts and doesn't have the scammer tag, why then can they not be trusted to sell something which isn't really going to do harm to anyone?

The ONLY rule in finance: never implicate more than you can afford to lose. If you can't afford to lose it, don't risk it, period.

EDIT: Found this in another thread (locked) and thought it was actually decent:

HOW TO TRADE:

1. You give me first the half of the money(1k$ in btc)
2. I give you account infos for BFL
3. You go in and check/change infos/pw/etc
4. You give me other half of the BTC
5. I give you all my other infos (copy from passport, ID, Driving licence, ETC)
6. We stay in contact till device will come.
nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:28:45 PM

I'm making three points (for those who see a tl;dr coming with the size of this post):

1: Escrow tends to add cost without really adding value.
2: Escrow is only useful when you really, really distrust the other side of the sale (or just mistrust in general).
3: Escrow requires a centralized trust for cash flow.

Yes, and personally i wont trust anybody with around 400$ just to check if seller delivers. Its not a registered business that you need to trust, by your saying, but just a forum member.
Those 3 points apply, and you dont need escrow, when the amount of coins/cash is low, except the first one, there are escrows that dont add any fee for their services.

To OP:
The card could be halfway here, and also your coins on the escrow waiting for you. BTC price now is up, so if you have sold to me you could have made some $ extra than the price when selling me the card.
If you change your mind, please pm me to notify John.
Humanxlemming (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:41:34 PM

To OP:
The card could be halfway here, and also your coins on the escrow waiting for you. BTC price now is up, so if you have sold to me you could have made some $ extra than the price when selling me the card.
If you change your mind, please pm me to notify John.

Nope
VishwaJay

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:16:32 PM

To the OP:

You should only escrow with those you have built trust with. If you don't build trust, there's no reason to escrow.

Escrow has as much scam as anything else. There *are* a couple of people here who are trustworthy, notably those who have little to lose by being an intermediary and a lot to lose by losing their reputations. It's a matter of trying to see enough of what's what to know whether or not these people have a significant stake in their reputations.

Consider how untrusting people are of you, on that basis.
piranha

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:32:07 PM

I can vouch for John (John K.)Third party.. escrow service..  
Used it for $3500.00 transaction couple of weeks ago.. Seamless, smooth transaction. I personally wouldn't do any transaction here without him.. You can do a search for his credibility..
Better than the unknown.. Just saying.. if your on the fence.. 
DeLorean

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:29:37 PM

Not willing to use escrow = scam
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 05:24:17 PM

Not willing to use escrow = scam

Copy/Paste.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: