Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:59:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unconfirmed tx  (Read 679 times)
DigiSoul (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:12:18 AM

I want to know what is unconfirmed and confirmed transaction and can i confirm any transaction?? And if also transaction is made by two people why it shows more of it like 24 confirmations etc??
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 09:53:53 AM

A transaction is unconfirmed as soon as it's created and relayed. This means that it is currently in the mempool (which is kind of a 'pool' of transactions) and has not been included in any block. As soon as a miner includes it into a block, it will have 1 confirmation. For every successive block it will gain another confirmation. So in your example, 24 is the number of blocks that have passed since the inclusion of the transactions into a block (including this block itself).

can i confirm any transaction??
Miners do that. All you have to do it pay the appropriate TX fee.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DigiSoul (OP)

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 03:04:26 PM

A transaction is unconfirmed as soon as it's created and relayed. This means that it is currently in the mempool (which is kind of a 'pool' of transactions) and has not been included in any block. As soon as a miner includes it into a block, it will have 1 confirmation. For every successive block it will gain another confirmation. So in your example, 24 is the number of blocks that have passed since the inclusion of the transactions into a block (including this block itself).

can i confirm any transaction??
Miners do that. All you have to do it pay the appropriate TX fee.
Thanks #Lauda .. That was a great help Smiley
Amon Raa

Activity: 215

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 03:55:21 PM

I paid high fee on every transaction I did and there is a delay in confirming the transactions and I think there is something with the network.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 03:57:05 PM

I paid high fee on every transaction I did and there is a delay in confirming the transactions and I think there is something with the network.
False. I'm going to assume that you don't even know how the include the proper fee (as it depends on the TX size) and think that a custom fixed fee is always adequate and *high*. The network is fine, your TX fee was inadequate.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 04:34:51 PM

False. I'm going to assume that you don't even know how the include the proper fee (as it depends on the TX size) and think that a custom fixed fee is always adequate and *high*. The network is fine, your TX fee was inadequate.

There's a possibility of high variance in block confirmation times. But you're right, it's more likely that OP doesn't understand how set a proper tx fee.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 04:37:03 PM

There's a possibility of high variance in block confirmation times. But you're right, it's more likely that OP doesn't understand how set a proper tx fee.
However, that doesn't happen frequently and it's not something that we are not familiar with since it has been a possibility since the creation of Bitcoin. The time between two blocks can be a lot higher than 10 minutes (e.g. 1 hour). This only ever happens rarely though.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 04:53:32 AM

However, that doesn't happen frequently and it's not something that we are not familiar with since it has been a possibility since the creation of Bitcoin. The time between two blocks can be a lot higher than 10 minutes (e.g. 1 hour). This only ever happens rarely though.
Just happened to me a couple days ago - got some BTC sent to me, 0.0005 BTC fee according to blockchain.info, yet it took a couple of blocks to be mined before the transaction confirmed :-/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: