Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:07:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoins for Amazon cards.  (Read 3014 times)
Anonymous

November 08, 2010, 09:33:09 AM

I have 353 bitcoins available in return for a $120 gift card from Amazon.com  I will use the latest buy rate from mt gox which is .34

Added for your convenience  Smiley

PM me if you want to trade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2010, 05:57:03 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2010, 11:35:15 PM by TTBit

This is a great idea for those who can't get bitcoins from other sources, as you can directly buy bitcoins with a CC.

I need a $20 amazon gift card, and will pay the current mtgox (best) *bid* price when you contact me. Currently that is 0.3281, so 20/0.3281 = 60.96 btc.

You can e-mail amazon gift cards with a CC here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/gc/order-email?ie=UTF8&ref_=gc_lp_4ways_email

PM me for e-mail address to send to, you must ship first.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136

View Profile
November 08, 2010, 07:36:04 PM

Good question, not sure what amazon would do if it came back as stolen credit card. DYODD.

Anyone know if gift cards are irrevocable?

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
Anonymous

November 09, 2010, 12:18:27 AM

Doesn't this seem risky to anyone??

Hacker sees a way to get an irrevocable currency (BTC) with a stolen credit card?

They send you the amazon card. You send Coins. They have coins, and then amazon reverses the card?

How does amazon treat fraud on gift cards? I'd almost have to assume they cancel them or they charge them back wouldn't they?

No. Then they wouldnt be gift cards they would be "screw you" cards.  Cheesy

If you are worried wait to send bitcoins untill after the gift card has been used . If the person sending the card is legit they wont mind waiting for you to spend the card before you send the coins. Scammers wont want to wait to do so. Once you've already spent the gift card I would think there is no way for Amazon to cancel it or charge you back in any way and you should be perfectly safe sending coins.

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 01:06:39 AM

If you are worried wait to send bitcoins untill after the gift card has been used . If the person sending the card is legit they wont mind waiting for you to spend the card before you send the coins. Scammers wont want to wait to do so. Once you've already spent the gift card I would think there is no way for Amazon to cancel it or charge you back in any way and you should be perfectly safe sending coins.

I have no real knowledge on either gift cards or credit card fraud (thankfully Smiley ) but I'd assume that you could also ask for the gift card to be bought a few days in advance of the trade (they are dated, right?). Maybe 7 days would be safe to assume a stolen credit card transaction would be disputed...
Bitquux

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 01:22:52 AM

That's from their TOS for gift cards. If you spend the card, and later it is determined to be fraudulent, they will bill the user of the card for the amount of the gift card. Yikes. Not very friendly...

I figured they'd do that. And retract the free shipping they qualified for. And claim it as a loss. And claim the items as stolen. And file a claim with their merchant provider under some fraud protection clause. And try to get a manufacturer's warranty. And then somehow extract the full amount from the stolen card holder anyway.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 01:34:40 AM

While researching amazon gift card scams I saw this this photoshop http://www.scambusters.org/images/ezine/V2-girl.jpg

WTF?? lol... that has to be the worst photoshop ever. what did they do to her HAND!!!!  Shocked

She's ET's youngest offspring, you insensitive clod!
Anonymous

November 09, 2010, 02:14:34 AM

Doesn't this seem risky to anyone??

Hacker sees a way to get an irrevocable currency (BTC) with a stolen credit card?

They send you the amazon card. You send Coins. They have coins, and then amazon reverses the card?

How does amazon treat fraud on gift cards? I'd almost have to assume they cancel them or they charge them back wouldn't they?

No. Then they wouldnt be gift cards they would be "screw you" cards.  Cheesy

Sorry noagenda. Being your attorney (according to valarius lol) I'm going to have to shut you down.

Fraud.
   Amazon.com will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on amazon.com or endless.com.

That's from their TOS for gift cards. If you spend the card, and later it is determined to be fraudulent, they will bill the user of the card for the amount of the gift card. Yikes. Not very friendly...

If you weren't trusted noagenda, I'd be scare to do this with even you...

That's worse than paypal IMHO Cheesy

And... check out this picture (no nudity or anything, just look....)

While researching amazon gift card scams I saw this this photoshop http://www.scambusters.org/images/ezine/V2-girl.jpg

WTF?? lol... that has to be the worst photoshop ever. what did they do to her HAND!!!!  Shocked

WTF!! Man hands!!  Its a trap!

Well no one has actually bought the coins yet for an amazon card .  How do all those people who sell them on ebay get away with it?

Anonymous

November 09, 2010, 02:16:45 AM

I have no real knowledge on either gift cards or credit card fraud (thankfully Smiley ) but I'd assume that you could also ask for the gift card to be bought a few days in advance of the trade (they are dated, right?). Maybe 7 days would be safe to assume a stolen credit card transaction would be disputed...

Thats probably the best way to do it. Unlike Amazon market Noagendamarket is flexible on trading terms lol
FlyingMoose

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 05:48:48 AM

Is there a way to tell an amazon gift card bought for cash, for example from a CoinStar machine?  Those can't be reversed...
joe

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2011, 02:47:35 AM

Sorry noagenda. Being your attorney (according to valarius lol) I'm going to have to shut you down.

Fraud.
   Amazon.com will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on amazon.com or endless.com.

The TOS is unenforceable. A company cannot shift liability arbitrarily to an uninvolved individual who may not be aware that the card was obtained fraudulently. This is another unfortunate example of a company, like Paypal, that responds to fraud against itself by committing fraud against its own customers.

The TOS language was not strong enough to be enforceable. If Amazon really wanted to get away with this, they would have to admit prominently that the Gift Card actually has zero value. A reasonable person expects a gift card to function like company paper.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: