Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convince my dad that Bitcoin is a trustful currency ?  (Read 8928 times)
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 06:45:32 PM

Maybe try showing him the performances of bitcoin investments. Usually elder people will get attracted to investment opportunities. You may show him by October 2015 bitcoin was trading less than $250 and now trading around $740. Approximately 300% growth in 12 months.

These links may help you to explain with proof : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bitcoin
http://www.investing.com/currencies/btc-usd-historical-data
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:05:09 PM

Just talk to your dad about it. Show him what you've done, show him what you do to earn it, show him there isn't anything to be afraid of. It's all simple and not used entirely for illegal activities or goods, and you should be able to prove that to him relatively easily.

It's not a trustful currency, but ease his mind by showing him what you do and what you plan on doing.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:20:28 PM

Here is the story: My dad just found out that I am storing bitcoin and he try to prevent me from using this crypto. This is absolutely the worst situation I have ever had since I started used Bitcoin. I am living in the country which bad guys abuse Bitcoin for illegal activities. Therefore, most of the people here who do not have a proper knowledge about bitcoin believe bitcoin as a stupid, dummy coin or even MLM. My dad is one of them. Any solution to solve this problem ? It is quite hard though because I am still a teenager so it is extremely difficult to persuade him
Thanks in advance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin you can use explanation from bitcoin wiki or https://bitcoin.org/en/ site created by satoshi nakamoto, to explain to your parents, actually they will not read carefully if gives link, you need explain itself, but usually they have a lot questions related to technical works, especially with mining.
Or for basic knowledge, you can use this simple info graphic: http://thumbnails.visually.netdna-cdn.com/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-your-grandparents_530de481e997d.png
putoamo63

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:31:04 PM

You don't have to convince him... Just find a safe way to store them secretly. If you really want him to understand, you could try explaining him how usefull can bitcoin be or bring him to the forum.
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 08:17:18 PM

You don't have to convince him... Just find a safe way to store them secretly. If you really want him to understand, you could try explaining him how usefull can bitcoin be or bring him to the forum.
but i think it also depend on the mind and concept of the person to whom you going to accept bitcoin, there are some kind of people who are really difficult to convince them while some people can easily be convinced, so it depend that on your father that what kind of person he is, but you can try to convince him by giving him so solid proof otherwise he did not got convinced he can even stop you from using bitcoin.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 06:35:10 AM

Tell him that it is owned by no one and everyone can use it. No one can shut the bitcoin network down unless they shut down the internet. No one can say "Okay, I want to stop this project now." and just make all of your bitcoin worthless. Just a note though, China holds the majority of bitcoins so you might want to keep that in mind. You don't have to trust bitcoins, you just have to use it. Ever since, people have doubt using bitcoin so I think it's only normal that your dad doubt it too.

davis196

Activity: 3024
Merit: 918

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 07:07:51 AM

Here is the story: My dad just found out that I am storing bitcoin and he try to prevent me from using this crypto. This is absolutely the worst situation I have ever had since I started used Bitcoin. I am living in the country which bad guys abuse Bitcoin for illegal activities. Therefore, most of the people here who do not have a proper knowledge about bitcoin believe bitcoin as a stupid, dummy coin or even MLM. My dad is one of them. Any solution to solve this problem ? It is quite hard though because I am still a teenager so it is extremely difficult to persuade him
Thanks in advance

Buy him something with the btc you are storing.

Convert the bitcoins into cash and show him the money.

If he still doesn`t believe just ignore him.

Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 07:14:56 AM

i'd show him some articles that quote Bank CEO talking about "blockchain tech" and the quote from ben bernanke ( Ex US FED Chairmen )

he should be able to relate, to these poeple. the idea that every major bank around the world is talking about it, should help legitimize it in his eyes.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 07:20:33 AM

Thanks in advance
Thats a really hard situation though on which on how you gonna convince your dad since mature minds could really be hard especially when they know the certain stuff outside about bitcoins. If its already known in your place as being used on illegal activities then your daddy will surely prohibits you and you cant change that for sure. Better to keep this as a secret, keep saving and storing your bitcoin.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 07:22:41 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2016, 07:34:04 AM by neochiny

1. So, it's mainly because of the bad reputation of bitcoin in your country?
   - I agree with the news articles. Show him how bitcoin is being used around the world. It is being accepted by legit shops/restaurants/services/transportation.

2. show him around the forum It's a way of earning in the internet by posting/answering questions/etc. Nothing shady about this.
3. Valuation in dollars would show it is not scam/useless/no value since it can buy goods,pay for services and can be converted to dollar/any currency.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
frankmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 07:31:04 AM

Weird since fiat cash money is still mostly used in any country for illegal activities, give him the argument to stop using that as well?
And btc is used in any country for illegal activities, not just yours.  Just show and tell your dad all the new start-ups there has been and the opportunities bitcoin brings. But then again, some people will never be convinced.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 07:58:04 AM

Thanks in advance

That’s our main problem and we should figure out some solution for that because such activities directly affect goodwill of bitcoin and I personally don’t want people to hear about bitcoin in the way that your dad heard.
There is only one solution and that is building awareness, you can show them youtube videos and expert’s opinions about bitcoin and force them to think on macro level instead of micro level. You can also convince them by teaching them how to use bitcoin for good things like doing his mobile recharge etc.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:10:48 AM

Maybe your daw knows too much bad information that is why he is on the negative side, yes criminals use Bitcoin but not all Bitcoin users are criminals in fact criminals are only in the small number of users. You can tell to your dad that he has nothing to worry about as Bitcoin is a currency which is more valuable than any Fiat currency in the world. Also you can tell that you are not using Bitcoin to do illegal activities.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:12:44 AM

Thanks in advance

to be honest in this day and age I have never seen anybody who thinks bitcoin is a Ponzi or MLM thing any more. this is a story for more than 5 years ago when bitcoin was still new and there were no usage for it.

and to answer anyone who thinks this way you can easily show them places that they can use bitcoin as currency. my favorite is Valve corp. it is a big gaming platform which you know as steam and they are accepting bitcoin payment. nobody can call bitcoin MLM when they see this.

Only Bitcoin
jagdishsuthar

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:14:21 AM

Well i think better to convince your dad to join in this forum and learn something in bitcoin so that he can expand his knowledge about bitcoin that we are using bitcoin not in illegal activities and tell him that there is some countries that has stores that accepting bitcoin as payment like in paris and brazil.. Maybe he will accept bitcoin as legit and trusted..
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1138

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:16:44 AM

Thanks in advance

to be honest in this day and age I have never seen anybody who thinks bitcoin is a Ponzi or MLM thing any more. this is a story for more than 5 years ago when bitcoin was still new and there were no usage for it.

and to answer anyone who thinks this way you can easily show them places that they can use bitcoin as currency. my favorite is Valve corp. it is a big gaming platform which you know as steam and they are accepting bitcoin payment. nobody can call bitcoin MLM when they see this.
Correct but as we all know that Most dads will surely stand on their decision regarding into a particular thing thats why its hard for us sometimes to convince them. If you clearly explain to him about the usefulness of bitcoin maybe you would able to convince him just like trying to transfer money from your dad to your mam. If it gots his interest and attention then those thought will surely change.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:24:16 AM

Thanks in advance

Well you need to have a clear air talk with your dad, probably take him to his favorite place, or get him his favorite meal. Then peacefully explain him your side of view, then ask him all questions and tell him to say all on one go. So what will happen is at the end he won't have any question to object to. Also understand he is concerned for you, so be calm and you will be able to reach a settlement soon.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:39:43 AM

Thanks in advance

Correct but as we all know that Most dads will surely stand on their decision regarding into a particular thing thats why its hard for us sometimes to convince them. If you clearly explain to him about the usefulness of bitcoin maybe you would able to convince him just like trying to transfer money from your dad to your mam. If it gots his interest and attention then those thought will surely change.

I have tested this and I speak from experience when I say if you show them the real usage of bitcoin they will understand. I mean when you think about something like bitcoin the first thing you see is a "virtual" money which is only some numbers on your computer screen and as long as you don't use it or see it be used it is hard for some people to grasp what it really is.

but when they use it for specially if you could give them an example from their regular life, like buying a cup of coffee with bitcoin or like that famous Pizza story they have a much easier time understanding bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:41:06 AM

The best idea for now is to not tell your dad you are storing your extra cash in bitcoin, store some bitcoin secretly and when bitcoin price will be more than double than what it is right now show how you have been able to double your fiat within very short period.

I have also gone through similar problem few months back when price was near $400 and now it is $700+ which have been enough for me to convince my father also to invest in bitcoin and he is asking me to buy some bitcoin for him also.  Grin
Actually, he has known the amount of Bitcoin in my wallet. That is because I carelessly uploaded a picture about paying coffee and food by bitcoin on social media. And after that, I also checked my wallet while sitting next to him. He witnesses everything....

Yes, that it is. He has known the amount in your wallet because you already used it to pay coffee and food, the best way is give him explanation properly about bitcoin, it's a currency and every currency ever used in illegal activities but bitcoin has many advantages than just storing in fiat money. Bitcoin has many positive news of course to help you give him explanation from third-person perspective.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 08:48:23 AM

I would ask your dad to convince you that any currency is trustful, then yell "Yolo" as you walk out with your sunglasses on.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀