Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:23:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convince my dad that Bitcoin is a trustful currency ?  (Read 8923 times)
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:55:11 AM

It is a strange but also a difficult situation. All depend on your dad character. If he accepts new ideas then you could attempt to inform him as best as you can. If on the other hand, is a man who hardly accepts something new then your options are minimal. That is, either you can stop dealing with cryptocurrencies (would be pity) or you have to hide it from him. You will read different opinions but as always the decision is yours.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 12:44:20 PM

Here is the story: My dad just found out that I am storing bitcoin and he try to prevent me from using this crypto. This is absolutely the worst situation I have ever had since I started used Bitcoin. I am living in the country which bad guys abuse Bitcoin for illegal activities. Therefore, most of the people here who do not have a proper knowledge about bitcoin believe bitcoin as a stupid, dummy coin or even MLM. My dad is one of them. Any solution to solve this problem ? It is quite hard though because I am still a teenager so it is extremely difficult to persuade him
Thanks in advance

My family did the same to me. It is quite understandable that they have the inability to think forward in some cases, because they are taught to earn money from 9-5, save it in the bank and trust no investments.

If he doesn't believe this bitcoin thing, then so be it. It's his loss.
Some people are very set in their ways and they will no believe or even try anything new this is specially true for people of older generations where you could expect to do a job for 40 years and retire but in the current economy you are lucky if you are in the same gig for 4 years.
These may be exceptional cases, but over all if you can convince a person in a better way then he will really understand your opinion and most give a positive response to you. You just need to convince him in a good way. Giving him some live examples present him some tutorial and giving some good reference can really convince your father.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:06:25 PM

I guess all you have to do is tell your father/daddy that you are making money with bitcoins, that you can make an extra cash out of it. And tell him also that it has disadvantages and also advantages but the most important is you can earn money without the actual help of your parents.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:13:10 PM

Here is the story: My dad just found out that I am storing bitcoin and he try to prevent me from using this crypto. This is absolutely the worst situation I have ever had since I started used Bitcoin. I am living in the country which bad guys abuse Bitcoin for illegal activities. Therefore, most of the people here who do not have a proper knowledge about bitcoin believe bitcoin as a stupid, dummy coin or even MLM. My dad is one of them. Any solution to solve this problem ? It is quite hard though because I am still a teenager so it is extremely difficult to persuade him
Thanks in advance

Try to show him some of your earnings and cash out some and let him know that it is worth the time you spend on it or it is worth holding, or you should buy him something with your bitcoins and tell him that it is not important that a currency should only be used for bad.

That trick works all the time. When I told my dad to invest in bitcoin he told me that it is another scam and he is tired of investing on nonsense things. SO what I did was to ask my dad every friday night to go out for a dinner together with my family, but everytime I did that I had to pass by the atm machine. My dad wondered, where did you get money for our dinner every friday night. I told him its from my earnings in bitcoin. THat day my dad believed me. Try it guys it works.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:21:52 PM

Thanks in advance

Try to show him some of your earnings and cash out some and let him know that it is worth the time you spend on it or it is worth holding, or you should buy him something with your bitcoins and tell him that it is not important that a currency should only be used for bad.

That trick works all the time. When I told my dad to invest in bitcoin he told me that it is another scam and he is tired of investing on nonsense things. SO what I did was to ask my dad every friday night to go out for a dinner together with my family, but everytime I did that I had to pass by the atm machine. My dad wondered, where did you get money for our dinner every friday night. I told him its from my earnings in bitcoin. THat day my dad believed me. Try it guys it works.
Chances on making your daddy believe you is high when you do this kind of method or ways on how to introduce bitcoin to him. Good for you that you could able to think off that kind of method actually this will work if your dad is not busy enough on some other things that they could able to hang out  with you but for some people whose dads are too busy i think it would be worthless but better to try than never.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:27:41 PM

Thanks in advance
If you are inviting your dad to use bitcoin currency you need him to tell everything about this crypto so he would show his interest too. Don't tell the bad side first tell the good sides of using this one if he don't have work he can use bitcoin itself.Therefore your dad will start using this. Don't also tell your dad about investment tell him about trading into crypto currencies and real money online Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:53:27 PM

Tell him about it in a way he'll understand. Tell him if he would have bought $1000 worth of Apple IPO in 1980 he would be a multi-millionaire right now. If he bought $1000 worth of Pets.com in 1998 he would have lost everything. It's a gamble, as is all investing, and if you're right you could be rich. Also, tell him you're not going to invest more than you can afford to lose (because you shouldn't EVER invest more than you can lose).

Now, if your fathers an idiot, he won't get any of this and you shouldn't be discussing anything more complicated than ice cream flavors with him.

ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:18:31 PM

Thanks in advance

my family also knows that i am using and keeping bitcoin they do not even know everything about bitcoin such as how it was working or how it was made and started etc. but they do know that this is also used by fraud and criminals on the internet as i told them about it but still i had explained to them the good side of bitcoin and my parent only advised me to be careful and responsible on using it. in your situation i guess, doing the same way I did before will only make you scolded by your dad because as what you have said you are from the country bitcoin is mostly used by illegal doers but still try to make him understand that it is not the only purpose of bitcoin.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:27:17 PM

Thanks in advance

It's not easy situation, really.
It seems you are to young and don't have much authority tom convince your father.
Can you find some other person in your local area, older and more experienced, with more authority and with BTC experience?
If yes, ask such person for help.
If you can't find such person, try to find some positive media reports about Bitcoin and show to your father.
You have to be patient with your father.
I'm sure that he loves you and wants the best for you.
I'm sure that soon or later he will understand and support you.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 04:06:58 PM

Tell him about it in a way he'll understand. Tell him if he would have bought $1000 worth of Apple IPO in 1980 he would be a multi-millionaire right now. If he bought $1000 worth of Pets.com in 1998 he would have lost everything. It's a gamble, as is all investing, and if you're right you could be rich. Also, tell him you're not going to invest more than you can afford to lose (because you shouldn't EVER invest more than you can lose).

Now, if your fathers an idiot, he won't get any of this and you shouldn't be discussing anything more complicated than ice cream flavors with him.

I think the problem here is the belief of his father about bitcoin.  An empty glass can be easily filled with water but a glass filled with water, when you fill it with another volume of water, this water will spill.  That is the case of OP at this point. If he want to convince his father and accept his idea, he should be the one to move first by following his father's advice.  Then do what you have suggested him.  It needs time to change one person's view. Else you will end up in a heated argument.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 04:14:01 PM

I think the problem here is the belief of his father about bitcoin.  An empty glass can be easily filled with water but a glass filled with water, when you fill it with another volume of water, this water will spill.  That is the case of OP at this point. If he want to convince his father and accept his idea, he should be the one to move first by following his father's advice.  Then do what you have suggested him.  It needs time to change one person's view. Else you will end up in a heated argument.

I don't think a son-father conversation would reach to an argument unless one of them is short tempered, because there is always a layer of love between then when they talk if they have good conversations most of the times, so convincing him with some good ideas and proofs wont be so hard i guess, but only if he can do it without any fear.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 09:57:34 PM

You don't need to convince people, it's your investment, it's your money so keep going, your kids will be thankfull if you let some bitcoins to they after some 50 years from now Wink
You are correct in that aspect but there are different ways of thinking some times people do things behind the back of their loved one because “they know what is best for them” so the OP must be very careful about how to store his coins, especially if he still lives with his parents.
altcoinnxt

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 11:10:10 PM

you can suggest bitcointalk forum because there is a huge information about bitcoin and in the first i was also do not trust in bitcoin when i join this forum then i accept that bitcoin is really trustful currency.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 11:16:54 PM

Thanks in advance

There is some methods to convince your dad that bitcoin is real money and real currency just like fiat, for example you can buy something online using bitcoin and then give this thing to your dad as gift and tell him that it was sold by bitcoin, or if he connect and use internet you can invite him to this forum and show him some real deals made with bitcoin (there is a lot in the marketplace section).
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 11:44:58 PM

The best idea for now is to not tell your dad you are storing your extra cash in bitcoin, store some bitcoin secretly and when bitcoin price will be more than double than what it is right now show how you have been able to double your fiat within very short period.

I have also gone through similar problem few months back when price was near $400 and now it is $700+ which have been enough for me to convince my father also to invest in bitcoin and he is asking me to buy some bitcoin for him also.  Grin

This is the worst thing you could possibly do. I'm a kid and I know.

Be open. If your dad hates bitcoin, accept it. You will get him to listen to you sometime. What you have to explain is that cash, like bitcoin is also used for illicit uses. Bitcoin is virtual gold, and can be used the same way. Bitcoin is not bad, just some of the people using it are.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:02:31 AM

give your dad a gift that purchased using bitcoin and tell him that bitcoin is not like he thinking, if he still try to Prevent me from using crypto, do what your father said, parents have more experience.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ukasyah

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:49:27 AM

I think you should explain to him that every one is different. When someone uses bitcoin to do some illegal things, it does not mean that every one who uses bitcoin also use it that way. tell him that there are a lot of way of earning bitcoin and spending it. give him some example, and probably you can show him how you earn and spend bitcoin. Keep trying.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 02:18:31 AM

I did convince mine by simply showing him how I get my own pocket money out of some posts on this great forum, I showed him how easy it is to complete some transactions with it. I got to convince him and now he told me to keep investing my time in it as it can someday become something big.

Giving demonstration is the best way to explain the technology of bitcoin. I use the same method while explaining about bitcoin to my friends, first I give quick introduction and then recharge my phone using bitcoin. I show them how to make a bitcoin transaction and how easy is that as compared to other complicated options. I have helped my couple of friends to open their first bitcoin wallet and they are learning more about it.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:21:14 AM

First of all, i think you should explain him how many people are using bitcoin, and what is the price of it.
I think that you should also show him how many businessman are investing in this, because it might be a great opportunity for everyone to get a share from the pie!

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:23:42 AM

you cannot "convince" or force anyone into an opinion and the more that you try the less success you will have.  simply let them know what you do and they will either see it from you or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: