Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRC or PPC?  (Read 906 times)
LouReed (OP)

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:55:18 AM

Where should I invest? I personally hold several thousand coins of each (at least I think I do, we'll find out tomorrow when Vircuex comes back up), but a friend wants to get in on these Alt coins, and gave me $500 to put in. I just want to see what some of your opinions are. TRC is way up right now, but I hear a lot of talk about trouble with them. Not sure what to do at this point?? Maybe I should trade all my TRC for PPC (or??) when Vircuex comes back up tomorrow? What would you do??

Thanks in advance for your response!!!
A_Free_Man

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:56:05 AM

I'd go for PPC unless terra fixes the ASIC Bombing problem.
BaghdadSteve

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:08:56 AM

I'm going with PPC.  TRC is having too many problems even with the new client.
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:21:33 AM

I would say ppc because of its technological innovation, seriousness of its developers and overall stability and long-term future potential.
Of all the alt-coins ppc is the only that could one day compete with BTC. I'm not saying it will, but I think it's the only one that could (because it offers something actually different not just a tweak)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:24:03 AM

PPC has more potential too, the fact that the 51% attack is solved eventually through proof of stake is very innovative.

A Crypto Currency that does not require mass amounts of computing power, has a very small inflation rate and does not allow for powerful entity to take over with millions of dollars worth of mining equipment all are plus points.

I only hold 1000 PPC, I've been too focused on the insanity that is BTC, but maybe in many years, once the reward for POW slows PPC will emerge as a true alternative.

We have to get over the next 5 years where POW will be dominate in both PPC and BTC.

But in the days where transactions fees are the power behind BTC, PPC might come out on top.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:26:41 AM

Of all the alt-coins ppc is the only who could one day compete with BTC. I'm not saying it will, it's highly unlikely.

I can't imagine PPC encroaching on BTC during the days of POW reward being the newly minted coins. (The next 10 - 20 years)

PPC will only show its true colors in a decade or two when POS shows its superiority over POW. (Then again I could be way wrong and the transaction fees are the way to go, forever...)
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:28:03 AM

Of all the alt-coins ppc is the only who could one day compete with BTC. I'm not saying it will, it's highly unlikely.

I can't imagine PPC encroaching on BTC during the days of POW reward being the newly minted coins. (The next 10 - 20 years)

PPC will only show its true colors in a decade or two when POS shows its superiority over POW. (Then again I could be way wrong and the transaction fees are the way to go, forever...)

Yes but as people learn about ppcoin's properties and long term efficiency it can grow substantially much earlier than the days of PoW are over
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: