Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amir Taaki needs to stop talking about bitcoins  (Read 10651 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:53:05 PM

I think he's great personally - I saw a youtube video recently about a guy who had something to do with the development of the global phenomona that is BTC - I was expecting to see a middle aged guy wearing a cardigan who doesn't get out enough (not that that would have diminished my respect for him you understand) - and instead on came Amir talking about how he held no BTC because he had everything he needed in the room he was in (and there was literally only a laptop in the room).
    Of course, as you get older you might end up with a family etc etc and so Amir may require more than just his laptop Grin

But the guy is a good sort IMHO

So, they can just seize his laptop and leave him without knowing what to do next?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:36:31 PM

I think he's great personally - I saw a youtube video recently about a guy who had something to do with the development of the global phenomona that is BTC - I was expecting to see a middle aged guy wearing a cardigan who doesn't get out enough (not that that would have diminished my respect for him you understand) - and instead on came Amir talking about how he held no BTC because he had everything he needed in the room he was in (and there was literally only a laptop in the room).
    Of course, as you get older you might end up with a family etc etc and so Amir may require more than just his laptop Grin

But the guy is a good sort IMHO

So, they can just seize his laptop and leave him without knowing what to do next?

Big deal he'll just get a new laptop. Given the work he does people will be falling over themselves to gift him a laptop.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:14:13 PM

Let's dox him

Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:53:45 AM

Quote from: gweedo
This is exactly what type of labels we don't want on bitcoins.
Just the way he presents himself is a little far from what we need in the community to be our voice.
And we would go right back to being the hacker currency, we just got rid of that label.
I am pretty sure we are semi-mainstream because people like Amir didn't do many interviews that got into main sources.

I think gweedo is preceding his personal views with incorrect pronouns. It should have been I, me, my (not we, us, our).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:49:32 AM

Let's dox him

Okay! I'll start. Real name: Amir Taaki.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:55:02 PM

Let's dox him

Okay! I'll start. Real name: Amir Taaki.

Step 2. Picture.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:22:00 PM

With or without a bun in his hair?

BTW, I could hunt one down with him donning a dress. Seriously!
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:20:27 PM

Loll those coke eyes

Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:31:33 PM

I have learned a lot from Amir's videos about bitcoin but I do not believe he is the ideal ambassador of bitcoin for the general public.  I think Andreas Antonoupolis does a much better job at this.  Amir's videos are more ideal for the hacker, rebel, anarchist crowd but not for mainstream media.

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:36:22 PM

Re: "...it is bringing money laundering from big people to the common people.."

He's right. That's what powered the whole China-based run-up. Bitcoin provided an easy way for little people to bypass China's exchange controls and turn yuan into dollars or euros. Big players could already use export businesses and offices outside of China to do it, or move currency through Hong Kong or Singapore, but the little guy was stuck in yuan.

Then the People's Bank of China cracked down on Bitcoin, and that doesn't work any more.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:39:46 PM

He's rolling high in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYzXNhk3Vjw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:18:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbkxRbTEgoE

I found this video. Let me just say, Amir Takki is a great developer but he can't go talking about and I probably paraphrasing "...it is bringing money laundering from big people to the common people..". This is exactly what type of labels we don't want on bitcoins. Everyone needs to stay away from the "launder" word. Also he talked about how "3-d printing guns" is the way to solve issues with fraud in the bitcoin world. He is a complete rebel, and should not be affiliated with the community. The host even at one point basically had to treat him like a kid and tell him to wait his turn. He is using words that would scare people away. Amir is a great developer, he knows how bitcoin is the future and his passion is amazing. Just the way he presents himself is a little far from what we need in the community to be our voice.

I hate it when someone say someone needs to do something let anyone do anything as long as they don't violate the priciples of others liberty, when you need to is stop telling others what they need to do. I have no idea who Amir Taaki is but if he wants to talk about bitcoin let him talk. I heard some idiot talk on youtube it was all 180 degrees from true guy had no clue what he was saying I just tuned out but i"M not going to tell him he needs to stop that is what a republic is the ones who say things we don't like can say it! Get use to freedom that is what bitcion is trying to get back to us!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
2bfree

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:31:32 AM

I found this video. Let me just say, Amir Takki is a great developer but he can't go talking about and I probably paraphrasing "...it is bringing money laundering from big people to the common people..". This is exactly what type of labels we don't want on bitcoins. Everyone needs to stay away from the "launder" word. Also he talked about how "3-d printing guns" is the way to solve issues with fraud in the bitcoin world. He is a complete rebel, and should not be affiliated with the community. The host even at one point basically had to treat him like a kid and tell him to wait his turn. He is using words that would scare people away. Amir is a great developer, he knows how bitcoin is the future and his passion is amazing. Just the way he presents himself is a little far from what we need in the community to be our voice.

I hate it when someone say someone needs to do something let anyone do anything as long as they don't violate the priciples of others liberty, when you need to is stop telling others what they need to do. I have no idea who Amir Taaki is but if he wants to talk about bitcoin let him talk. I heard some idiot talk on youtube it was all 180 degrees from true guy had no clue what he was saying I just tuned out but i"M not going to tell him he needs to stop that is what a republic is the ones who say things we don't like can say it! Get use to freedom that is what bitcion is trying to get back to us!

And thank you for your unintelligent thoughts, maybe you should read and watch what Admir is about. Do you want bitcoins to be worth $100,000 or only $1000 for the next 5 year. It is called PR and it is something that is needed at that time.

So what he can say it will be 10 trillion in a month even if ti's wrong it's his business that is what I'm saying. What's sick of today's world is everyone is pushed into "being professional" and polished. Screw that let everyone be what they want to be and let people pick who they like or don't just click the X on browser and move on to whom ever you like.

I have been told all my life what and how to say I'm just sick of it I just ignore it let anyone say what they want about bitcoin. I'll give you one thing I hate I listened to that panel with Andres A... (the long greek last name) smart guy, and one person made my blood boil how regulation regulators we must be legitamite all that crap and thank got Andreas get it most people dont but it's not my business to shut anyone up it's actually good that these freedom hating regulation loving people live it shows why people like Andreas are true, so let everyone speak and say what they once and try to have "a uniform and polished front" that is wrong! Liberty!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
2bfree

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 01:11:52 AM

And thank you for your unintelligent thoughts, maybe you should read and watch what Admir is about. Do you want bitcoins to be worth $100,000 or only $1000 for the next 5 year. It is called PR and it is something that is needed at that time.

So what he can say it will be 10 trillion in a month even if ti's wrong it's his business that is what I'm saying. What's sick of today's world is everyone is pushed into "being professional" and polished. Screw that let everyone be what they want to be and let people pick who they like or don't just click the X on browser and move on to whom ever you like.

I have been told all my life what and how to say I'm just sick of it I just ignore it let anyone say what they want about bitcoin. I'll give you one thing I hate I listened to that panel with Andres A... (the long greek last name) smart guy, and one person made my blood boil how regulation regulators we must be legitamite all that crap and thank got Andreas get it most people dont but it's not my business to shut anyone up it's actually good that these freedom hating regulation loving people live it shows why people like Andreas are true, so let everyone speak and say what they once and try to have "a uniform and polished front" that is wrong! Liberty!

Andreas a smarter person than you and one the greatest people we have in bitcoin. So know I know for sure you are an extreme person! Please understand why regulations will help us!

Let me translate what regulation is for people like you who  seam not to understand regulation means tyranny basically. You have a bunch of corrupt imoral people who dictate my freedom away from me and call it regulation then brainwash people like you that taking my freedom is someone ok like democracy is a good thing. No regulation will kill bitcoin. The only people who I want regulated is you, your evil government and your tyrannical system and since you don't understand that concept it's called a constitution and that is a regulation of the republic to keep you off of me! What give you or anyone the right to "regulate" bitcooin? And why am I "extreme" if I want to be left free and not forced with a gun to my head to do things I don't want to do?

I don't understand you people and why in the world for the first time in history we have a chance to do something to the evil central banks and you want to let them "regulate aka destroy" it. I'm against it and if you regulate it away I'll join one that will kept with liberty lovers like me and we will make our own little underground free world and opt out of your tyrannical one. Go and enjoy your regulation as long as you don't force it on me!

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:22:36 AM

haters gonna hate.  Kiss

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 01:54:07 AM

Amir at Satoshi Square trading session: http://www.iamsatoshi.com/satoshi-square-london/
2bfree

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:13:58 AM

Andreas a smarter person than you and one the greatest people we have in bitcoin. So know I know for sure you are an extreme person! Please understand why regulations will help us!

Let me translate what regulation is for people like you who  seam not to understand regulation means tyranny basically. You have a bunch of corrupt imoral people who dictate my freedom away from me and call it regulation then brainwash people like you that taking my freedom is someone ok like democracy is a good thing. No regulation will kill bitcoin. The only people who I want regulated is you, your evil government and your tyrannical system and since you don't understand that concept it's called a constitution and that is a regulation of the republic to keep you off of me! What give you or anyone the right to "regulate" bitcooin? And why am I "extreme" if I want to be left free and not forced with a gun to my head to do things I don't want to do?

I don't understand you people and why in the world for the first time in history we have a chance to do something to the evil central banks and you want to let them "regulate aka destroy" it. I'm against it and if you regulate it away I'll join one that will kept with liberty lovers like me and we will make our own little underground free world and opt out of your tyrannical one. Go and enjoy your regulation as long as you don't force it on me!

Let me translate it for you, regulation is standing between us and explosion. Once it becomes regulated I know of 2 HUGE HUGE companies that will be using it. So yeah you don't understand.

I would rather be free ("unregulated") without your 2 "huge huge companies". Look up fascism, most of your regulation are to keep incumbents and kill inovation keep competition out. Most wealth is created from liberty of individuals all these regulated insiders are doing is parasitizing that wealth away. Hopefully one day you will sea the light and leave the dark side and join the republic. Peace be with you.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:41:29 PM

I for one would like Amir Taaki to speak MORE about Bitcoin in MORE venues.

He really understands Bitcoin, and he knows how to explain it to people in a passionate and true way. If some are scared by a mohawk and whatnot, then they will probably don't have the right mindset to understand BTC in the first place.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:47:41 PM

... most of your regulation are to keep incumbents and kill inovation keep competition out. ...

Dude's got a point, gweedo.

I understand that Amir is pretty prickly. Yes, he'll cause some to be later adopters of CryptoCurrencies, rather than early adopters. C'est la guerre.

And strictly from a practical standpoint, there is nothing that can be done to shut him up, without resorting to violence. Which is something many here will not condone.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 12:22:03 AM

I'd condone it

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: