Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BURST Android mining  (Read 2855 times)
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 01:23:09 PM

Please can anybody tell me the real life solution Burst coin is solving and the real world use of the tokens.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:08:50 PM

Burst is a really good idea, actually.
Since it doesn't use much power, it's much more environmentally friendly than having a ton of ASIC miners drawing huge amounts of power.

This might be important in the future if we want the average person to be able to generate coins, and not be forced to rely on local fiat systems.
As it stands right now, the average person can not become a Bitcoin miner, so the dream of freeing people from fiat currency through BTC is not going to happen.
If we keep developing technology that allows the average person to become a miner, this is a dream that actually might be possible.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 04:49:54 PM

Even if there are,I will not use my android phone to mine any coin however safe it is,there are some risk involve mining using your phone and given the value of your android phone,it's not really not worth to mine any coin.

CryptoDude2727 (OP)

Activity: 279

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:06:12 PM

Please can anybody tell me the real life solution Burst coin is solving and the real world use of the tokens.

I echo Shiroslullaby's comments.  The real world "problem" it solved for me.... I got into Bitcoin a little while ago (a year+).  Obviously way too late to mine.  I'm not much of a computer/techie guy but wanted to look into mining another currency.  When I looked into it they all seemed complicated and would require buying more hardware in a process I didn't fully understand.

What I did have was free HDD space  (I own a business and have some extra computers).  When I found BURST the process was easy and was able to mine on resources I already have.  And as mentioned previously...it is very low energy/green/eco friendly...I essentially mine 24/7 in the background of computers  (and now external hard drives) that are already on.  It's pretty much as close to "free" money as you can get for me.

The other "problem" it solved for me as unlike many other cryptos...you can take BURST and invest in assets and earn a decent ROI.  Instead of just holding or dumping on an exchange.

But obviously like almost all cryptos you can't just walk into any store and use BURST.  Then again...where I live I've yet to see anyone accepting Bitcoin yet either.  
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:08:39 PM

I don't think most phones are going to have the amount of hard drive space you need to make any real money.
You need Terabytes of space to make even a few cents worth of coins.
32/ 64 GB of hard drive space probably isn't going to find you many deadlines.

A special pool is setup just for phones and tablets. Plot on a 128 or 64 gb sdcard and you are all set. I have used a Transformer TF101 and a MotoG succesfully with 100 coins per week at a cost of an overnight battery charge.

Download the app and create a 1gb plot. Everyone has that much space left then get used to mining some burst as I have shutdown all my antminers and Avalons as this coin is worth it.
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:25:07 PM

I don't think phones are capable of mining still what are the requirements for mining burst coins on phone, any software to install?

I'm the wrong person to ask.  But go here https://forums.burst-team.us

and ask.  Community is very friendly and helpful.
At least you could have told me what client or software would be required to install to get started anyway thanks for your answer and the link to burst coin community

Again...I wouldn't know the answer to that.  I'm not a techie with this stuff.  But I believe you can go to the Google play store and get this.  Just search "burstcoin".
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 10:22:30 PM

I am not a smartphone user however, i do mine burst and i love the tech.
Maybe you could use a phone but instead of plotting to the drive storage on the phone, try piloting to some cloud storage space

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:07:00 AM

Anyone here done it?

Obviously you won't get rich just doing it, but seems like a cool little application  (mine on your phone). 

Any feedback?

I do have an android phone but will definitely not going to use it to mine any coin,i't's not worth considering the price that you are going to pay,in case your phone gets error like what happen to my friend who gets his phone drained because of mining a certain coin.
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 05:24:19 AM

Anyone here done it?

Obviously you won't get rich just doing it, but seems like a cool little application  (mine on your phone). 

Any feedback?

I do have an android phone but will definitely not going to use it to mine any coin,i't's not worth considering the price that you are going to pay,in case your phone gets error like what happen to my friend who gets his phone drained because of mining a certain coin.

Again...it doesn't drain your phone...you plot some free space and it uses that to mine.  Same as the free HDD space on the computer...it doesn't use the resources of the computer but the plotted HDD space.  I'm mining BURST 24/7 on two computers in the background ...I don't even notice it's there when doing other tasks.
daneranon89

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

True Flip ICO: 28 of June 2017

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 06:20:20 AM

I have heard about BURST coin and the way they have designed this coin to mine without wasting energy is really revolutionizing! I haven't tried to get into it. Do you need a good internet connection to download any packages for mining burst coins? My internet connection is pretty bad. I have an old laptop which I use it to fold proteins. I am thinking of using it to mine burst coins.

CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 12:51:03 PM

I have heard about BURST coin and the way they have designed this coin to mine without wasting energy is really revolutionizing! I haven't tried to get into it. Do you need a good internet connection to download any packages for mining burst coins? My internet connection is pretty bad. I have an old laptop which I use it to fold proteins. I am thinking of using it to mine burst coins.

I would think you'd need a pretty solid connection...but maybe give it a shot.  Again, main BURST site is http://web.burst-team.us
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 01:01:43 PM

First thing you should consider. Is it profitable enough? Definitely not profitable. Your phone may be destroyed by the mining application because of overheating. Its not worth it. Besides, smartphones are not meant to be use for mining. You should buy appropriate specifications of hardware in able to perform safe mining. By the way, BURST is a good name tho. Your phone may burst when you do that. Lol
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 01:07:59 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2016, 03:32:29 PM by CryptoDude2727

First thing you should consider. Is it profitable enough? Definitely not profitable. Your phone may be destroyed by the mining application because of overheating. Its not worth it. Besides, smartphones are not meant to be use for mining. You should buy appropriate specifications of hardware in able to perform safe mining. By the way, BURST is a good name tho. Your phone may burst when you do that. Lol

It does not use the resources of your phone (once again)...a lot of people posting that don't know the BURST mining technology.
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:47:10 PM

For those interested there is a promo having to do with BURST Android wallet (which allows you to mine if you want).  Can get 250 BURST just by downloading wallet.  

Go to the forums here https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/2669/big-burst-giveaway-get-250-burst-in-your-mobile-wallet-right-now

Or go to this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QZU9K-GFJo

Video explains a little bit more about the technology as well.  

salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 06:37:53 PM

I echo Shiroslullaby's comments.  The real world "problem" it solved for me.... I got into Bitcoin a little while ago (a year+).  Obviously way too late to mine.  I'm not much of a computer/techie guy but wanted to look into mining another currency.  When I looked into it they all seemed complicated and would require buying more hardware in a process I didn't fully understand.

What I did have was free HDD space  (I own a business and have some extra computers).  When I found BURST the process was easy and was able to mine on resources I already have.  And as mentioned previously...it is very low energy/green/eco friendly...I essentially mine 24/7 in the background of computers  (and now external hard drives) that are already on.  It's pretty much as close to "free" money as you can get for me.

The other "problem" it solved for me as unlike many other cryptos...you can take BURST and invest in assets and earn a decent ROI.  Instead of just holding or dumping on an exchange.

But obviously like almost all cryptos you can't just walk into any store and use BURST.  Then again...where I live I've yet to see anyone accepting Bitcoin yet either. 

Amazing isn't it? Rather than spending money on buying ASIC miners and GPUs, people should get into mining BURST coins. Maybe buy a couple of 1 TB hard drives and use them.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 07:26:56 PM

The application may require a fairly high specification phone, and requires always-on internet access. Well, even though it was cool, but it also makes some of the losses, which could create a phone that we have become hot quickly because it worked for a long time without stopping and it makes rapid battery becomes low
AlRubyx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 04:19:50 AM

Don't listen to his advice he's a scammer. He's probably just trying to mislead you.
David Walters

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 08:00:17 AM

Instead of mining on your phone, why not throw it into a fire? /s
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 01:05:39 PM

Instead of mining on your phone, why not throw it into a fire? /s

Well the obvious answer is your phone would melt and be destroyed in the fire.  Whereas when you mine BURST you simply plot some free space and it uses that to mine...so it runs in the background and doesn't overheat/use the resources of the device.  Very low energy/green/eco friendly.

I can't believe how many people don't know about the BURST mining technology.  There are people that are going to make a KILLING mining this coin (obviously not just through android mining).
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:41:59 PM

I echo Shiroslullaby's comments.  The real world "problem" it solved for me.... I got into Bitcoin a little while ago (a year+).  Obviously way too late to mine.  I'm not much of a computer/techie guy but wanted to look into mining another currency.  When I looked into it they all seemed complicated and would require buying more hardware in a process I didn't fully understand.

What I did have was free HDD space  (I own a business and have some extra computers).  When I found BURST the process was easy and was able to mine on resources I already have.  And as mentioned previously...it is very low energy/green/eco friendly...I essentially mine 24/7 in the background of computers  (and now external hard drives) that are already on.  It's pretty much as close to "free" money as you can get for me.

The other "problem" it solved for me as unlike many other cryptos...you can take BURST and invest in assets and earn a decent ROI.  Instead of just holding or dumping on an exchange.

But obviously like almost all cryptos you can't just walk into any store and use BURST.  Then again...where I live I've yet to see anyone accepting Bitcoin yet either.  

From your explanation, there is no real world problem solved by this project, mining was designed for a purpose in Bitcoin POW and the cost incur during mining is rewarded by Bitcoin coins, but we all know that Bitcoin has disrupt so many businesses, especially the financial sector and the remittance market. In my opinion this coin has no real world value/use but just use for speculative purposes

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██