Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find BTC Core with smartphone?  (Read 617 times)
the_mixologist (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:38:19 PM

Just want to know if my pc has downed there is a way to sign my address with smartphone?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 04:41:38 PM

Just want to know if my pc has downed there is a way to sign my address with smartphone?

Mycelium lets you sign -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 05:56:43 PM

But, it means the user have to import the private key from bitcoin core to Mycelium.

Yes, if it must be a specific address. There is no other way to sign a message but with a private key.

Also, increasing the risks the bitcoin funds stolen because the wallet stored in multiple places.

A single private key is enough and it would be a good idea to not use the address again.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 06:07:01 PM

But, it means the user have to import the private key from bitcoin core to Mycelium.
Also, increasing the risks the bitcoin funds stolen because the wallet stored in multiple places.
To sign a message from certain address you don't necessarily need to have any funds stored there. You can perfectly fine export your private keys to mobile wallet.
But prior to that send all your bitcoins to your main wallet of your choice. This way you will minimize risk of having your BTC stored in potentially less secure mobile wallet.
shiryu

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 12:47:10 PM

As long you have private key, there are allow you to sign massage from other pc or mobile wallet.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 02:40:07 PM

Yep, u need to be sure you not risking big money this way.
Stay safe, mobile wallets are often scam den.
Zz
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 01:15:39 PM

Mobile wallets are the highly potential for theft.
especially, android is not a secure and stable operating system. (trojan, virus etc..)
therefore, I recommend not to use mobile wallets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: