Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:28:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTC] [ANN] Physical Litecoins by CryptoVest (Project on hold)  (Read 12948 times)
Aragami

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:52:54 AM

IMO, definitely between Zinodaur and LikeHero's, i really can't make up my mind between the two to be honest =(

Either way i want 50 of them, gimme gimme gimme!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:55:40 AM

IMO, definitely between Zinodaur and LikeHero's, i really can't make up my mind between the two to be honest =(

Thank you sir  Grin
Aragami

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:59:19 AM

Thank you sir  Grin

No, Thank you. =o

<insert "takemyLTCwallet.jpg" here>
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:59:57 AM

I like LikeHero's design, except that maybe using "LTC" should be "Litecoins" instead.

BTW, I met Charles Lee (coblee) at the Conference. Nice guy.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Daegalus

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

I like both Zino's and Like's. Even though Like's is great, based purely on the concept depiction I am kinda leaning towards Zino's. I feel Like's has way too much going on around the L.

Whitespace is a good thing in design. Less clutter.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:27:25 AM

Thank you!  Smiley
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:28:12 AM

Same for me, I think Zinodaur really nailed it with the symbols in the middle, and it is a really beautiful design, but it also looks playful due to the roundness of the used font and symbols. I know the minted version wont have the roundness on the outside like this design, so I took that in consideration, minted it will be less playful but still a lot more than what I would expect from a coin. Can't really decide if you can get away with it for something like a currency. On the other hand, I always thought of Litecoin as the cute little sister of Bitcoin, lol, maybe it is refreshing and new to use this one.

LikeHero his design is more of a traditional coin, the symbolics are also well thought through, maybe a little bit less as Zinodaurs coin in the middle but nevertheless very good. This is a pretty safe bet, will look amazing... but something attracts me in Zinodaur his design.    

How many will you make in the first batch? Really don't want to miss out on these   Grin

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:51:56 AM

I'm making somewhere between 2,000-4,000 coins in the first batch (2 to 4 denominations, 1000 coins each.) It depends on how many funds we have available at the time the final order is placed.

I have come across extra expenses in the form of programming/design/website design that has brought down the total amount that I can make, as I was planning on making 4,000 originally with 4 denominations. I might get a pay advance from work so that I can make full set of coins in the first batch with 4 different denominations. But I am not sure yet if I will do this, as I need money to live on as well and my budget is somewhat thin. Cheesy

Thank you for your thorough opinion.  Smiley
Aragami

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:34:23 AM

I'm making somewhere between 2,000-4,000 coins in the first batch (2 to 4 denominations, 1000 coins each.) It depends on how many funds we have available at the time the final order is placed.

I have come across extra expenses in the form of programming/design/website design that has brought down the total amount that I can make, as I was planning on making 4,000 originally with 4 denominations. I might get a pay advance from work so that I can make full set of coins in the first batch with 4 different denominations. But I am not sure yet if I will do this, as I need money to live on as well and my budget is somewhat thin. Cheesy

Thank you for your thorough opinion.  Smiley

I would very seriously be interesting in pre-paying a preorder to help cover the expenses so that you wouldn't have to be so out of pocket.
Eb0la

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:49:40 AM

I can prepay as well!  Put me on your list of people to prepay! Cheesy
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:07:55 AM

I'd also be willing to prepay if it would help you out.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:25:03 AM

Hm, others have expressed interest in pre-ordering from me in the past, but honestly I am trying to avoid this at all costs. I will think about it more.

Also, Zinodaur updated his design a little bit after hearing some of the criticsm, specifically the font. Check it out: http://grab.by/mJrG
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:32:36 AM

I updated the OP with the new designs, and added more information about security procedures. As I am finalizing the design, I am thinking of starting to take preorders so that all denomination of coins can be made. I am pricing out different shipping methods and will open preorders once a design is finalized.

I actually left one designer our in my post earlier, it has been edited.. sorry to Beefsock!I would like more opinions on the new designs, be as descriptive as possible please. Examples: I like this one the best, if you changed this it would be perfect. Or, I like this one the best, but if you changed this on the other design, it would be my favorite. Etc..

(See the OP for new designs)

Thanks!
hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:00:09 AM

Vote: LikeHero, top left. Pre-order: yes please Cheesy
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:37:01 AM

Also, in the case where I choose to manufacture more than one design, please state which hologram you like best. I can product different coins in batch 1, but not different holograms as it's almost a 5k FIAT design/setup fee.

Thank you for you opinions.
SylTi

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:47:16 AM

Also, in the case where I choose to manufacture more than one design, please state which hologram you like best. I can product different coins in batch 1, but not different holograms as it's almost a 5k FIAT design/setup fee.

Thank you for you opinions.
LikeHero one's with the hologram of zinodaur  Grin

Aragami

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:29:20 PM

Interesting that Zino kept the actual font of the characters used - i think thats where the criticism was from a few people (bold and round letters making it look playful).

Perhaps people would prefer a less playful font of the words used in Zino's design ?

Btw CoinHoarder, make sure you announce pre-orders if you decide to go through with it, wouldn't want people missing out. Especially me =o.

fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:39:25 PM

I would be scared to buy any coin where someone else, at any time, knew or had access to the private key.

That said, this is a cool novelty might be fun for low denomination souvenirs
Eb0la

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:39:32 PM

Btw CoinHoarder, make sure you announce pre-orders if you decide to go through with it, wouldn't want people missing out. Especially me =o.

++++1

If I miss out.. OH MAN there will be hell to pay! Tongue

All joking aside, don't forget me for prepay! Tongue
edgebits

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:14:01 PM

This really is a tough call, but I have to go with Zino's design for originality of design. There are several things  I would tweak on it though.

1- as mentioned before, change the playful font
2- the "electricity" symbol could be less.... harry potter? lol.
3- I dislike the leafy strands on the exterior edges. too traditional. I think it should be just left blank, or have some kind of "technologic" feel to it. The coin is already pretty busy as it is.

Hope this helps!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: