Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:51:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The So Called Bitcoin 'Bubble'  (Read 2006 times)
contemptx (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:49:07 AM

I have been into bitcoin for sometime now & have successfully turned a little into a lot.

I also have a few things in development for bitcoin as I believe it has a long term future as a mainstream payment option among other things as it advances.

In recent weeks due to the surge in price of bitcoin the media have been focusing on 1 thing and that's when the bubble will burst, when will the price of bitcoin fall to its knees once again?

Although some media coverage has been good for bitcoin, this is the one story they are all waiting for...

As a community we can all work together and show them this is not going to happen, (Don't Panic Sell!) Wink
Or those of your hording thousands.... Don't manipulate the price!

With recent events surrounding instawallet, this has shown that bitcoin is now stronger than ever as previously an event like this will drop the price of bitcoin.

I truly believe that bitcoins price will continue to increase, where will it stop? I don't have that answer.
But I do know that there is no reason for it to drop out.

If the Bubble was to burst, the media would get there story and bitcoin would then maybe never become mainstream as the average joe would always link bitcoin with that event.

Bitcoin is fast losing its reputation as a hackers currency or illegal drugs payment method & is becoming a payment option for legit business.

We need to carry on this trend!
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:51:15 AM

ok
Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:54:35 AM

I think new guy has the answers we have been searching for! Shocked
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:00:40 AM

ok

Smiley

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
contemptx (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:03:04 AM

Basing my experience & knowledge of bitcoin on my post count....? lol.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:05:06 AM

Here is my expert opinion:

Bitcoin is a bubble, but its price will be pumped to $10,000 until it begins to dump.
Tek-Ti

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 11:14:39 AM

For me, Bitcoin is more of a liberation of the Internet community than a stock of potential investment (hoarding). I agree with you!
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:21:40 AM

http://konradsgraf.com/blog1/2013/4/6/hyper-monetization-questioning-the-bitcoin-bubble-bubble.html

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:53:37 AM

+1 - Very well argued article. Thanks for the link.

I like your Avatar tag too!
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:12:49 PM

Here is my expert opinion:

Bitcoin is a bubble, but its price will be pumped to $10,000 until it begins to dump.

yes but as it starts to approach those prices people will start to trade only in coin gonna be hard to dump something for a fiat you cannot use anymore

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:21:46 PM

I like your Avatar tag too!
Thanks, I've always found it appropriate here.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
BitCoinLoft

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 08:21:07 AM

You know what. I have gone over some old articles, published long before I would discover Bitcoin and what I noticed is that so called experts have prediected Bitcoin's death quite often. Here we are in 2013 and Bitcoin is kicking ass. What shall 1 BTC be valued at? I don't know. Even if the current trend is a bubble, the technology behind Bitcoin is very sound. I firmly believe Bitcoin will stay around for many years to come.

For all non-believers, I have an advice. Simply, sell it if you dare so. Me?? No, I keep on hoarding and spending once in a while  Grin
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:28:22 AM

You know what. I have gone over some old articles, published long before I would discover Bitcoin and what I noticed is that so called experts have prediected Bitcoin's death quite often. Here we are in 2013 and Bitcoin is kicking ass. What shall 1 BTC be valued at? I don't know. Even if the current trend is a bubble, the technology behind Bitcoin is very sound. I firmly believe Bitcoin will stay around for many years to come.

For all non-believers, I have an advice. Simply, sell it if you dare so. Me?? No, I keep on hoarding and spending once in a while  Grin
I am a believer

Praise the lord for your salvation
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:30:26 PM

This is excellent. Everything this guy has written about Bitcoin seems top-notch, best I've seen anywhere in terms of lucid analysis.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: