Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2024, 08:17:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Help] Advice on community trusted ways to accept payment for BTCs?  (Read 487 times)
_Meze_ (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:43:42 AM

Okay so I've been in the Bitcoin community for a little over a year but only recently got interested in trading (p2p buying/selling).

Last night I made a trade - sold my bitcoin for paypal through paxful; managed to make $11 profit (not much but it's a start). I'm fairly confident (but not 100%) that the person I sold it to isn't a scammer, he had +96 feedback and I back checked the users who left him a feedback making sure that the people he's transacted with also have a reasonably positive rating and have been active for at least one/few months.

However, after doing a lot of research, I found out - as most of you are aware - paypal and the business of bitcoins don't mix and I'm now extremely hesitant to use paypal as a form of accepting payment. So, what are my other options?

I have Skrill, Neteller and OKpay; all verified but I read Skrill can be problematic for the same reasons as paypal so I definitely don't want a frozen account or scammer chargebacks.

I'm waiting for verification at Bitbay, but the bid/ask spread is quite high.

Sp please advise me on the trusted methods to accept payment; I would like to generate a side income through BTC trading and I have decent capital so any advice on these things is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Grammar and spelling.

Edit #2: Just wanted to add that having signed up to bitcointalk.org and browsing through services, I saw that people were selling paxful accounts with +X feedback ratings; damn! This makes me really upset, I was already hesitant about selling through paxful, but man...I really don't know who to trust anymore. So if someone could give me some practical advice on how to protect myself from scammers, it would also be much appreciated.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6840

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 06:59:39 AM

You could use localbitcoins and deal with cash only. You would be meeting the buyer in real life and they would be physically paying you or you could accept cash by mail where the buyer mails you cash.

All other digital options could be reversed.

_Meze_ (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:27:13 AM

I do have a verified LocalBitcoins account, however I haven't ever used it to buy or sell as I'm from Australia and the rates in which people are willing to buy and sell is impractical; with all the fees that go into buying and selling, I'm likely to be operating at a loss consistently if I were to trade in the Australian market on LB.

The US market on LB looks about as scammy as paxful too. The only positive is the feedback and rating system is at least more informative on localbitcoins.

Thanks for the advice though.

More advice is greatly appreciated.
Bit_Member

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:45:18 PM

I would suggest using escrow. I've seen lots of positive posts of the effects of people using escrow (how it saved them from bad transactions) and senior users advising Newbies to use escrow as it such a safe platform for trading. Please read more up on this.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:47:42 PM

Hi,

You can check this service: https://bitsquare.io/
Maybe this is what are you looking for Smiley
I didn't use it , but i didn't hear any bad informations about them.

Here is review of this service: https://coinopoly.xyz/bitsquare-review/

This review make this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=523317
For sure you can also ask him for more informations.

About PayPal and Paxful - i have only bad experience.
Always escrow!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 3391

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:09:25 PM

This LocalBitcoins guide for sellers gives information on the risks of the various payment methods: https://localbitcoins.com/guides/how-to-sell-bitcoins-online#toc4

Some payment methods are very safe (with proper precautions): for example, face-to-face cash, cash bank deposit
Others are very risky: for example, credit/debit cards, paypal

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: