Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws."  (Read 3480 times)
Anonymous

June 14, 2011, 08:03:21 PM

This one quote says all that needs to be said about how and why Bitcoin will be revolutionary. Bitcoin gives the wealth directly to the people and that changes everything.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tehcodez

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:04:41 PM

To the people...in control...

No guarantee stays in "public" control :-)

Definitely, it yields to those with the most power.
done

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:06:48 PM

Power to the people!!!
sciter

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 09:51:11 PM

Haha, they shouted the same things at the Octoberrevolution  Grin

I am getting scared, I am a Kulak!
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 10:10:00 PM

Remind me to tip you for this.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:12:07 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2011, 11:48:34 AM by Basiley

sometimes "evolutionary" approach is not only resource-efficient, but ALSO more quick AND both more transparent AND less violent, than over-promoted "revolutionary" counterparts.
in own experience i can say, that's most breathtaking social/political/economical/technical transformations of last 25 yrs was advance/happen unnoticed/undetected/unexpected.
which is both quite reasonable and efficient.
way more than "hot heads"-addicted "can we make mess there and there for random good-looking reason"-actions, used for smokescreen by oppressors to impose stricter control/oppression in each wave of global transformations.
Jessy Kang

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:23:30 AM

This one quote says all that needs to be said about how and why Bitcoin will be revolutionary. Bitcoin gives the wealth directly to the people and that changes everything.

This sooner this crap gets off Bitcoin.org the sooner Bitcoin will become viable. No large reputable business is going to link to, or use the name of a site that advocates tax evasion and the overthrow of the government.

Yes, Bitcoin MAY change things- but it will never get a chance if people don't keep their politics on political web forums. You may be able to get people to adopt your currency- but not if you insist on linking it to your politics.

It's all well and good to use your allowance money and play "Come at me bro" with the US Government from behind Tor and three proxies- but real businesses don't have that option so would prefer you take the chest puffing and false bravado elsewhere.
EnterpriseE1701E

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:26:06 AM

This sooner this crap gets off Bitcoin.org the sooner Bitcoin will become viable. No large reputable business is going to link to, or use the name of a site that advocates tax evasion and the overthrow of the government.

Yes, Bitcoin MAY change things- but it will never get a chance if people don't keep their politics on political web forums. You may be able to get people to adopt your currency- but not if you insist on linking it to your politics.

It's all well and good to use your allowance money and play "Come at me bro" with the US Government from behind Tor and three proxies- but real businesses don't have that option so would prefer you take the chest puffing and false bravado elsewhere.
I thought it was more interesting b/c it was false-- it *might* change medium, it won't change the content.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 04:04:46 PM

No. Why should it be that we have to take our ideas somewhere else? Why don't YOU take your Stockholm syndrome sympathizing with govt elsewhere? I mean, after all Bitcoin is a product of a community that is composed mostly of Libertarian/Anarchist types. So if you don't like what we stand for that's just tough.

Have you ever considered;

The sooner your "Website:    New York Fetish Fortress- Beatings for Bitcoins" crap gets off Bitcoin.org the sooner Bitcoin will become viable. No large reputable business is going to link to, or use the name of a site that advocates prostitution and perversion

Yes, Bitcoin MAY change things- but it will never get a chance if people don't keep their erotic services on erotic web forums. You may be able to get people to adopt your currency- but not if you insist on linking it to your sexual practices.

It's all well and good to use your allowance money and play "Come at me bro" with Johns in some whore house- but real businesses don't have that option so would prefer you take the chest puffing and smut peddling elsewhere."?

Now, I don't really believe any of this but you need to stop being so hypocritical. Live and let live.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jessy Kang

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:38:28 PM

I mean, after all Bitcoin is a product of a community that is composed mostly of Libertarian/Anarchist types. So if you don't like what we stand for that's just tough.

All of us have political beliefs- we just know that when the big wooden horse is being dragged into the city you stop pounding the damn drums.

a site that advocates prostitution and perversion

Non-sexual BDSM dungeon, operating openly for years- totally legal.

Tax evasion- illegal.

See how that works there skippy?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 05:00:08 PM

Tax evasion- illegal.

You owe me money. Now, pay up, or I'll put you in a cage.

I wrote it down, that makes it a law, right?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
EnterpriseE1701E

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 05:10:31 PM

Tax evasion- illegal.

/sigh
Codification is only one aspect.
You need enforcement and justification as well.
Jessy Kang

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 05:22:03 PM

You know, and first I was like...woah!, but then- compared to pedestrian "Them foreigners is taking our jerbs!", your "Haha your laws are written on paper, I have paper too...THAT MEANS I CAN MAKE LAWS!" just kind of flies right off the political spectrum and dials the crazy up to an awesome 11.

You Sir, are full of Win.
Anonymous

June 15, 2011, 05:28:22 PM

You can make whatever laws you please as long as you have the weapons to show for it. All I advocate is giving every individual the same amount of power.
Jessy Kang

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 05:34:19 PM

You can make whatever laws you please as long as you have the weapons to show for it. All I advocate is giving every individual the same amount of power.

You don't see how saying that, might set off alarms with the sort of people who's notice we would like to avoid?

I swear, loudest bunch of pirates since Penzance.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 06:10:22 PM

/sigh
Codification is only one aspect.
You need enforcement and justification as well.

ie, guns and a Flag.

I have paper, guns and a flag. I can haz country nao?

You Sir, are full of Win.
Thank you, But that was not exactly the point I was trying to get across...

Your (maybe not 'yours' but let's run with it anyway) 'Perfectly legal' BDSM Dungeon is just one little piece of paper from being just as illegal as tax evasion. So, maybe we don't give people with paper power over our decisions. yes?

Jessy Kang

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 06:31:50 PM

Your (maybe not 'yours' but let's run with it anyway) 'Perfectly legal' BDSM Dungeon is just one little piece of paper from being just as illegal as tax evasion. So, maybe we don't give people with paper power over our decisions. yes?

No. It would require the decision of officials of the City of New York whom I elected. Should they decide to make it illegal I would close. It would not require paper- there are a number of people who could issue a lawful order and have the premises closed. It's not about paper, it's about authority. Elected officials have it. You don't.

I like elected officials- they are much easier to deal with that the Party members back home, and if you don't like one- you always have a chance at a new one in a few years. Or can move somewhere they have an elected official you like. I also can't do that back home. Real decent country you've got yourself here.

Anything that I can't do are largely the result of my own limitations and not any obstacles they have put in my path. If you feel you're downtrodden that's terrible, but perhaps you could seek sympathy elsewhere because this Bitcoin thing would be really nice of it caught on.
Jessy Kang

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 06:53:04 PM

If you are going to say it, leave it up- don't be passive aggressive, make sure it goes out over email then delete it so the other mods don't see.

Quote from: Atlas
This woman likes authority? Typical.

Yes, I like authority because I'm a woman and we're all submissive and want to be told what to do. Clearly, anyone who has read my posts on this forum knows I'm about bowing down the authority.

Brilliant comeback.

Anonymous

June 15, 2011, 07:15:19 PM

It was uncalled for, to say the least.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 07:31:19 PM

I like elected officials- they are much easier to deal with that the Party members back home, and if you don't like one- you always have a chance at a new one in a few years. Or can move somewhere they have an elected official you like. I also can't do that back home. Real decent country you've got yourself here.

I am assuming, based on your handle and picture (both of which may not be indicative of you, but I'll assume they are) that "back home" Is China, yes?

I'll freely admit that the US is a damn sight freer than China. In most ways, at least. Now, since you're an immigrant (sad, but true:) I can assume you know a little bit more about the US founding documents than the average American born person. Remember that part where they state that authority comes from the will of the people?

What do you suppose would happen if 'the people' decided that the authority wasn't the elected official's anymore? Any of them? What if the people decided they wanted their power back?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: