Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining through Suprnova.cc pool - 4.5 LTC estimated, but 0,80 paid out ???  (Read 3612 times)
trdiablo (OP)

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:33:56 PM

Hi,
I am new to mining and since last week I have a PC with dual 7870XT GPUs.
I can get a maximum hashrate of about 800kh/s which should give me about 4.5 LTC a day.

For the last 28 hours I have been mining through suprnova.cc and I see only 0.10 LTC in my account.
Round estimate is 0.72 LTC, making a total of 0.82 LTC.

This is not even near the 4.5 LTC estimate a day.

My questions:
Is this because they have the "proportional" payout scheme? Should I switch to a pool with PPLNS payout system?
Or should I have patience and stick longer with this pool? I am thinking of switching to coinotron?

Any input and advice on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gfoot

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:02:32 PM

How many shares did you submit, and how many were accepted?

suprnova.cc as a whole has had a hard time finding blocks for the past few days (down to about 20% of the block rate it used to get), and this will translate to reduced returns for the miners.  However, it looks like this was just bad luck - the share rate is normal, there's no indication that the pool's overall hash rate has dropped or anything like that.  There were recent DOS attacks, but these seemed to mostly affect the web site front end, not the pool servers.  Still, I have seen a lot of failed RPC requests, which means your miners have to sit idle while the RPC retries, and that will take its toll.

I'm not sure where you got your 4.5 LTC/day prediction from - it sounds a little high, I'd say if you're truly achieving 800 kH/s then you should expect around 4 LTC/day at the current difficulty level (205ish).

I would give it more time though, and see if the pool's block hit rate improves, and especially pay attention to your shares and whether they're being accepted.
p2plion

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:18:38 PM

suprnova.cc hash rate have dropped due to server problems.

Pool luck graphs shows bad luck now, 1 block found per day for last 2 days.
trdiablo (OP)

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:31:22 PM

Yes, it seems that supernova.cc did not work out too well for me.
My account there still has about 0.10 LTC and the unpaid shares are at about 12500.

In the meantime I switched to give-me-ltc.com and it is going much better. Maybe also because they pay after 10 confirmations already (instead of 120) and their pool hash rate is at 1175.11 MH/s which is a lot faster than the 35.14 MH/s of supernova. 

In 3 hours my account balance is showing 0.37 LTC. This makes more sense to me as it would be about 3 LTC in 24 hours.
(The 4.5 was a bit too much indeed, I should earn between 3 to 4 LTC a day)

newfuntek

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:48:40 PM

Now after detecting two blocks I have no payout or any LTC amount, even my valid shares disapearing all the time and after DDOS attacks they even seek new blocks one after another and no sign of LTC. I think I wait and this site get-my... is very similar, I am afraid my shares despite detecting 100LTC worth blocks disappear for ever.
mmmd

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:04:51 PM

Made a similar experience with even worse ratio after two days. Not a good start, as this was my first try in litecoin mining... Don't regret switching to a more reliable pool with stratum. Although with fees, but stratum saved a lot of stales (>10%).
newfuntek

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:29:10 PM

Now everything is all right, all shares are paid, except some shares that are invalid (about 5% of shares), with new cudaminer 417 and some tuning I have even a greater rate.
donvitovd

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:12:33 PM

I have started mining ot your pool on 02.07. after the block 381,318 came out. ( My user name is donvitovd)

I have mined on 02,03 and 04.07 morning with 2200mh/s , and I  switch off my pc a 3 or 4 hours after the block 382,493 was solved. After I turned off my pcs my round estimate was about 4.8 ltc and had about 8000 unpaid shares( if I remember correctly )

Already several more block are out , 4 days from then , and I still have nothing in my account , and now even my unpaid shares are gone - so I have nothing.

The pool is proportional and I thought I will be paid after every block  solved. Please , explain me it's paying system .

Can you give me contact with the administator , I send two email with no answer .

I dont want to think , that this is scam pool that robs people.
gooduser173

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:41:20 PM

suprnova.cc hash rate have dropped due to server problems.

Pool luck graphs shows bad luck now, 1 block found per day for last 2 days.

Hi there
is any luck graph still avail to check please?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: