Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:54:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Revolutionary Cryptocurrency  (Read 1268 times)
dballing (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:31:43 PM

I just had the most incredible idea for a new revolutionary cryptocurrency! You know the Rootstock smart contract platform for Bitcoin? What if we copy that code and create our own token for it? We could then premine 70 million tokens before we launch it to the public. I’m thinking we could do a crowd sale to get people’s Bitcoins and we can sit on those as well for more financial gains.

Also, we could pitch Goldman Sachs on this idea for actual funding on the project while we hoard all these tokens. After that we could create a bunch of ICO experimental projects on top of the platform netting us another 1000x our investment. The beautiful part is that if anything bad ever happens due to our horrible bugged coding we could just fork or roll back the block chain. People in the crypto space are really stupid and wouldn’t even get mad anyways (Mt. Gox, Buttfinesse, Cryptsy, Moolah).

Not only that, we could keep the amount of inflation and number of total coins unknown giving us even more control over the system. People will champion this network as a rival to Bitcoin and with time we will be able to convince people that we can even surpass Bitcoin artificially driving up the price of our token.

People would be totally convinced that our network is decentralized as we fork into more forks to fix any lack of foresight. Any fork that managed to maintain itself we would immediately write it off as a scam. Considering that it will be GPU mined this will help with the word of mouth to spread awareness and by letting all these people gain a few coins they will help protect the legitimacy of our platform. 

Lastly, once all else fails and we can no longer secure the network due to attacks and bugs we will simply switch over to proof of stake instead of proof of work. And since we have all the “stake” our new net worth could be maintained forever or we can slowly convert our tokens over to BTC slowly/quietly.

I really do believe this concept could be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Would anyone in the community be interested in joining me in the launch of this new project?
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:36:17 PM

I would. However it'll be difficult now that the scam has been done, and people are opening their eyes to it.  RIP ethereum, and RIP to that business model.

EDIT:  you forgot about the army of reddit accounts needed to spam any individual apart of any crypto sub, about ethereum being something that "will change the world".  lol
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:44:28 PM

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 07:55:35 PM

I'm in! When do we start?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:55:46 PM

Such Innovation.. Much Excitement.. Many ROI'z !

FUD first & ask questions later™
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 07:58:00 PM

Such Innovation.. Much Excitement.. Many ROI'z !

Shut up! I want to buy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr2n4cEKsKI

.. and you're about to ruin my chance!

dballing (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 08:49:07 PM

I would. However it'll be difficult now that the scam has been done, and people are opening their eyes to it.  RIP ethereum, and RIP to that business model.

EDIT:  you forgot about the army of reddit accounts needed to spam any individual apart of any crypto sub, about ethereum being something that "will change the world".  lol

Damn it! Okay, what if instead we copy openbazaar and use our own unique token?
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 09:09:08 PM

Not sure why you're wondering how to do it. BitUsher already said how it can happen:

shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:23:38 PM

Don't forget getting it listed on Poloniex to manipulate the price upwards. A DAO needs to be set up and wildly promoted to encourage further manipulation.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 11:17:47 PM

One common trait amongst all the altcoin scams is they don't create any significant real commerce outside of speculation.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 11:27:17 PM

One common trait amongst all the altcoin scams is they don't create any significant real commerce outside of speculation.

I beg to differ! Their common thing is that they are distancing cryptocurrencies from adoption.

iamnotback

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 11:39:48 PM

I beg to differ! Their common thing is that they are distancing cryptocurrencies from adoption.

Those two statements are roughly equivalent.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 12:01:45 AM

Those two statements are roughly equivalent.

And such actions? (I'll have to be honest here, that gave me some laughs): https://twitter.com/bulgar1an/status/803020468764758016

Jesus Christ.. I'm not (basically) acting like pain in the ass, but lately I'm being more and more frustrated (maybe it's because of some personal problems, or I had enough of this? (or both?)). Frankly speaking, I'm thinking to engage a bit more in these bs.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 12:34:43 AM

Looks like someone just had one of those moments when they realize something isn't right.
I think you should consider those people you are saying are stupid as a group which are doing all the trades to make it look like a successful token.
And as long as something gives you profit what do you care if it's a scam?
You better stick to bitcoins then eh?

🖤😏
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 12:43:13 AM

Looks like someone just had one of those moments when they realize something isn't right.
I think you should consider those people you are saying are stupid as a group which are doing all the trades to make it look like a successful token.
And as long as something gives you profit what do you care if it's a scam?

Nope.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:58:57 AM

I think we should call it Redskins Coin.

..go fuck yourself  Cheesy

REF = South Park - S18E01 - Go Fund Yourself (2014)

FUD first & ask questions later™
dballing (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 06:11:47 PM

I've got it! What about a decentralized social network that uses a token we issue? I really want to "Bro Down".
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 12:38:50 AM

I've got it! What about a decentralized social network that uses a token we issue? I really want to "Bro Down".

That's called $AMP aka Synereo. It's a good platform. The backend will be using RChain which is a new revolutionary cryptocoin, smart contracting system and content delivery network!

I also have a user generated content dapp which might be considered a "social network" dapp coming out that'll be using Rchain as the backend.

BTW RChain isn't out yet. It'll be out mid 2017.

iamnotback

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:13:36 AM

BTW RChain isn't out yet. It'll be out mid 2017.

And how long as the speculator sandbox for AMPs been active.  Roll Eyes
rapazev

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:29:45 PM

I just had the most incredible idea for a new revolutionary cryptocurrency! You know the Rootstock smart contract platform for Bitcoin? What if we copy that code and create our own token for it? We could then premine 70 million tokens before we launch it to the public. I’m thinking we could do a crowd sale to get people’s Bitcoins and we can sit on those as well for more financial gains.

Also, we could pitch Goldman Sachs on this idea for actual funding on the project while we hoard all these tokens. After that we could create a bunch of ICO experimental projects on top of the platform netting us another 1000x our investment. The beautiful part is that if anything bad ever happens due to our horrible bugged coding we could just fork or roll back the block chain. People in the crypto space are really stupid and wouldn’t even get mad anyways (Mt. Gox, Buttfinesse, Cryptsy, Moolah).

Not only that, we could keep the amount of inflation and number of total coins unknown giving us even more control over the system. People will champion this network as a rival to Bitcoin and with time we will be able to convince people that we can even surpass Bitcoin artificially driving up the price of our token.

People would be totally convinced that our network is decentralized as we fork into more forks to fix any lack of foresight. Any fork that managed to maintain itself we would immediately write it off as a scam. Considering that it will be GPU mined this will help with the word of mouth to spread awareness and by letting all these people gain a few coins they will help protect the legitimacy of our platform. 

Lastly, once all else fails and we can no longer secure the network due to attacks and bugs we will simply switch over to proof of stake instead of proof of work. And since we have all the “stake” our new net worth could be maintained forever or we can slowly convert our tokens over to BTC slowly/quietly.

I really do believe this concept could be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Would anyone in the community be interested in joining me in the launch of this new project?

dejavu feelings  Roll Eyes
isnt that the concept of most ico's?  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: