Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:07:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethics about Market Signals?  (Read 360 times)
szenekonzept (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 09:28:21 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2016, 07:31:07 AM by szenekonzept

I'd like to discuss something i am having a deep feeling about, any opinion is welcome and matters, i am interested in the whole picture.
So keep nice, i want every opinion feel comfortable to be expressed here

I am knowing trade does not have to do anything with ethics. Especially for the success of placing shorts it doesn't really matter.
But given that "unethical" projects are getting increasingly strong and are capitalizing great, there is the question,
in which way will my trades shape the world, i will be living in.
I am a believer, that ethics should not be enforced, but fostered through technology.
But this idea is relatively young and still needs support, to be really able to impact our society.
Also the question of "what is ethics" is not really matured in the first place (if even possible).
Many of these details are still work in progress. Some existing projects are trying to contribute ideas or development
and are long enough around, to give an idea about their intentions.

Seeing the community often appreciating projects and at the same time heavily trading those, they are considering as questionable,
the questions i'd like to discuss are

1)
are our trades are having the impact, that trading the wrong projects, could negatively impact the shape of our future world?

2) if the technology, that should shape our world isn't perfectly tailored to do the job, because it needs some time, thoughts and money, to make sure,
     it will be able to sustain a certain momentum (like bitcoin does for some of our most pressing issues)
     shouldn't  we shift our market signals towards those, who may tend, to it in the right way?

3)
given, that Bitcoin not only gives us a technology, for some most important social issues of mankind, but also even provides a blueprint,
     how to solve many more, by adopting bitcoins way of thinking: Shouldn't strengthen this movement as long, as its still vulnerable?

thank you, for your time
Matthias

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
szenekonzept (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 06:46:01 AM

No thoughts? Changed the Threads title,
maybe the one before wasn't clear enough.

so long
Matthias

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: