Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:28:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.05 loan Needed  (Read 555 times)
WolfOfAllStreets (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 11:51:17 PM

Bitcointalk Username: WolfofAllStreets
Amount of BTC needed: .05 BTC
Reason for loan: Pocketdice
Repayment Amount: .08 BTC
Repayment Date: Nov 30th
BTC Address you want the loan funded to: 15jmKfVMZSvWZFJyvRqbSTusJ8Y68EDm3k
Collateral- My Account, Amazon Gift Card $35 or Apple TV
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 11:54:48 PM

Bitcointalk Username: WolfofAllStreets
Amount of BTC needed: .05 BTC
Reason for loan: Pocketdice
Repayment Amount: .08 BTC
Repayment Date: Nov 30th
BTC Address you want the loan funded to: 15jmKfVMZSvWZFJyvRqbSTusJ8Y68EDm3k
Collateral- My Account, Amazon Gift Card $35 or Apple TV

Wow.. just wow.. New account asking for loan, no real collateral, and doing it for gambling. This has scam written all over it. 
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 12:31:09 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2016, 10:53:09 PM by actmyname

An Apple TV as collateral? Why not just pawn it off, you dingus? Unless... (no, it's too unlikely to happen, especially for newbies!) you're a scammer!

Get out of here.

TLDR; it's a scam, avoid

In reality, those who have that amount to freely lend to someone are probably smart enough to keep it away from scammers.

ThatRandom8543

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:49:33 AM

An Apple TV as collateral? Why not just pawn it off, you dingus? Unless... (no, it's too unlikely to happen, especially for newbies!) you're a scammer!

Get out of here.

He probably dont have one and think someone might send coins first before the apple tv. As you stated, he could easily pawn it but he wants bitcoins, not cash xD
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 03:18:28 AM

I really think their should be a way to lessen the amount of newbies asking for scammy loans, maybe a new sticky post specifically about what newbies should do before asking for loans. Everyday there is a new one and every day that loan is denied. While they don't cause much harm and no scams are usually successful I think something should be done about it yet it seems like there is nothing that can be done to avoid this. Just my thoughts
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 03:21:30 AM

A newbie forum account cannot be used for collateral.  It's literally worthless.

maybe a new sticky post specifically about what newbies should do before asking for loans.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

You can't get any clearer than that.  Ignore at your own risk.

Most of these accounts are just throw away anyway.  They post a BTC address, hoping for a sucker, then never have a need to log in again.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ThatRandom8543

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:56:31 AM

A newbie forum account cannot be used for collateral.  It's literally worthless.

maybe a new sticky post specifically about what newbies should do before asking for loans.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

You can't get any clearer than that.  Ignore at your own risk.

Most of these accounts are just throw away anyway.  They post a BTC address, hoping for a sucker, then never have a need to log in again.

Why cant there be a rule that newbies cant post in these sections? Would cut down on the scam and spam in these sections if there were some strick rules and possibly forum changes to make it so newbie cant make new threads.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 03:58:05 AM

Why cant there be a rule that newbies cant post in these sections? Would cut down on the scam and spam in these sections if there were some strick rules and possibly forum changes to make it so newbie cant make new threads.

A newbie can provide a valid loan request using other collateral than their forum account.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Sweeet123

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 04:02:33 AM

A newbie can provide a valid loan request using other collateral than their forum account.
While this is true, do you propose anyway to lower the amount of newbies posting scammy loan requests that never get filled, I think maybe as a community we shouldn't reply to threads like this so that they just pass by rather staying on top of the lending forum. Unless the user is not attempting to scam and has valid collateral. I know it is harmless I don't want to make a big deal out of it but it will be nice if these didn't show up so much.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 04:05:40 AM

I think maybe as a community we shouldn't reply to threads like this so that they just pass by rather staying on top of the lending forum.

You'll find a large number of users that simply post to get credit for their signature.

Sweeet123

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 04:13:40 AM

I think maybe as a community we shouldn't reply to threads like this so that they just pass by rather staying on top of the lending forum.

You'll find a large number of users that simply post to get credit for their signature.
That is true, with every conversation I uphold I am just contradicting myself, so ill let my previous message set the point in and let this be my last.
audaciousbeing

Merit: 569

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:26:08 PM

I really think their should be a way to lessen the amount of newbies asking for scammy loans, maybe a new sticky post specifically about what newbies should do before asking for loans. Everyday there is a new one and every day that loan is denied. While they don't cause much harm and no scams are usually successful I think something should be done about it yet it seems like there is nothing that can be done to avoid this. Just my thoughts

I agree with you and that is the same thing I suggested in one of my earlier posts that newbies account should be restricted in posting in some sections of the forum because there is nothing stopping this op from opening another account to do the same thing all over again. Its labelled with red trust then abandon everything all together.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: