Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahmedjadoon is a Scammer  (Read 1956 times)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:54:33 PM

So if my car gets stolen and the thief robs people with my car, I have to pay back those people? Haha you guys are crazy.
If your car is involved in an accident, yes, they will come to you. If your credit card is stolen and used, you are liable for that until you can prove otherwise.
Insurance is typically on cars and credit cards for fraud prevention/theft and NOT on a BTC account, an account that can and is often used to scam. Add to that the story of being hacked to try to get out of the liability, it's not so crazy to make account owners responsible for the security of their accounts.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 07:06:05 PM

I don't get how was ahmedjadoon's account hacked without the password being changed. He just got hold of his password and within 2 days when the user was offline, he managed to steal 1.5 BTC and contact so many users?

If this is true, BCT should atleast send an alert message when the password is changed to the original email or atleast have a 2FA to help users secure their account (like Twitter and Facebook alerts) since this forum is based a lot on the trust of users. Theymos could try helping the users (if possible) and give the IP logs to verify the hack.

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 07:58:39 PM

I don't get how was ahmedjadoon's account hacked without the password being changed. He just got hold of his password and within 2 days when the user was offline, he managed to steal 1.5 BTC and contact so many users?

If this is true, BCT should atleast send an alert message when the password is changed to the original email or atleast have a 2FA to help users secure their account (like Twitter and Facebook alerts) since this forum is based a lot on the trust of users. Theymos could try helping the users (if possible) and give the IP logs to verify the hack.
I was not even offline for 2 days. I was offline for just 24 hours and all this happened in around 8 hours within that period I was offline. I agree, 2FA is a must to secure account. If forum administration can't even implement 2FA, then I don't understand the logic in blaming account owners for account hack. There is nothing we can do to ensure our account is protected.

To all others who are blaming me for my account; I have no way to prove I'm innocent.
Actualiteit

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:12:19 PM

If your car is involved in an accident, yes, they will come to you.

But this "car" wasn't involved in an accident was it? The "car" was used to go to people and take their money. Does that make me liable for the crimes commited while my "car" was stolen? Replacing the car with bct account to make it related to this situation.

Also disregarding that ahmedjadoon is innocent or not, he might have used it as an excuse like some said.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:24:08 PM

If your car is involved in an accident, yes, they will come to you.

But this "car" wasn't involved in an accident was it? The "car" was used to go to people and take their money. Does that make me liable for the crimes commited while my "car" was stolen? Replacing the car with bct account to make it related to this situation.

Also disregarding that ahmedjadoon is innocent or not, he might have used it as an excuse like some said.

Yes it was, the question would be: was this actually an accident or planned.  If your car was used in the commission of a crime, they will come to you. You must prove the car was actually stolen and or have a tight alibi.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:11:23 PM

So what can users do to protect their account? I already use a unique long password for every site. But without 2FA there isn't much we can do.

I put my BTC address in the meta-tag page but I doubt that people search posts.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:17:50 PM

So what can users do to protect their account? I already use a unique long password for every site. But without 2FA there isn't much we can do.

Change your password often, make it strong and monitor your account. Be careful what you download.

Albert Einstein
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:19:19 PM

It's not the password that is easily cracked,it's your system which is taken care of.There are 100 million ways to get that access but nothing without your permission.Unless you allow the hacker a way to get into your system,he won't be able to do jack.People fall for lame stuff and have their accounts compromised.
Take this scenario for example,
A new random newbie posts a new service to pay $20 for testing their new wallet and expects interested people to add him up on skype.

On skype,he sends you a link to download that wallet.Dumb mofos without giving it a second thought download it.Next day,their account is compromised.Turns out,it was a virus or bitcoins stealing malware.
This is not even hacking,it's just social engineering that people don't realize.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 09:09:53 PM

It's not the password that is easily cracked,it's your system which is taken care of.There are 100 million ways to get that access but nothing without your permission.Unless you allow the hacker a way to get into your system,he won't be able to do jack.People fall for lame stuff and have their accounts compromised.
Take this scenario for example,
A new random newbie posts a new service to pay $20 for testing their new wallet and expects interested people to add him up on skype.

On skype,he sends you a link to download that wallet.Dumb mofos without giving it a second thought download it.Next day,their account is compromised.Turns out,it was a virus or bitcoins stealing malware.
This is not even hacking,it's just social engineering that people don't realize.

Sometimes hackers are able to crack the password too. My Twitter and Gmail account was hacked and the hacker changed the passwords too. I got an email from twitter informing me that my password was changed (I had not clicked on any suspicious link before this happened) and gmail locked my account as the IP was of a different country. Hence, I again restored both the accounts. Here on BCT, you don't even get any such email when your password/email changes.

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:24:26 PM

So there was no updates at all from ahmadejadoon? That's really really bad man. I thought he would at least take partial responsibility for the situation, as he said before. But no, I think he is just avoiding paying at all now.

Guess he just thinks that his account is ruined and there is nothing at stake anymore Undecided
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 08:32:00 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2016, 02:54:22 PM by ahmedjadoon

So there was no updates at all from ahmadejadoon? That's really really bad man. I thought he would at least take partial responsibility for the situation, as he said before. But no, I think he is just avoiding paying at all now.

Guess he just thinks that his account is ruined and there is nothing at stake anymore Undecided
I wanted to compensate a little but the OP wants nothing less than a 70% compensation(1.05BTC) which I can't afford. Also he stopped to renegotiate.
My account is not ruined. I'll continue to use my account and trade by using proper safety measures recommended on this forum like always do.
Also, the truth is I can't bring forward a solid acceptable proof that it wasn't me due to nature of this forum software. The only proof was that my email was changed by hacker and email recently changed warning was already visible on my trust page but the victim took no notice of it due to his negligence.
BitcoinMarshal (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:29:09 PM

I wanted to compensate a little but the OP wants nothing less than a 70% compensation(1.05BTC) which I can't afford. Also he stopped to renegotiate.
My account is not ruined. I'll continue to use my account and trade by using proper safety measures recommended on this forum like always do.
Also, the truth is I can't bring forward a solid acceptable proof that it wasn't me due to nature of this forum software. The only proof was that my email was changed by hacker and email recently changed warning was already visible on my trust page but the victim took no notice of it due to his negligence.
Today as I have serious troubles around me I send message to Ahmedjadoon that if he can pay me 0.8 bitcoins I am ready to clear him from this accusation now waiting for his reply about this
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: