Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:49:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I sold everything at $158/159 this morning  (Read 20712 times)
Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:49:23 PM

i'm gonna sell 80% if it's reaches 290$/1bt and i'm more than happy with what i got from this

good luck

You, sir, made my day.   Smiley

The only way to make money out of a bubble is keeping your eyes locked to the screen. Otherwise, as soon as it seems to have gone crazy, realize it IS crazy, and SELL.

I was almost convinced it would pass 1000$, by the way, after it passed 100$. After all, it rose to 33$ from mere cents in 2011. But as soon as I saw the rise yesterday and today morning, I had the clear feeling it was coming to an end (although, to be honest, I still expected it to last a day or two more).
jasonjm (OP)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 07:55:14 PM

speculation is my thing, not investment.

at least I had the cahones to talk my book and reasons before the fact, not after the fact.

for example if this rebounds to $200 tomorrow, you won't hear me say "oh yeah I bought in at $107 suckers" - because clearly I said my order is at $35.

And I still believe that is the right buy point to risk a re-entry.

that may change if for example bitcoin stays at a certain price for weeks.

If I don't get filled at $35 so be it.

Again good luck to all, and I hope at least some of you cashed in at higher and will now buy lower.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
i1andrei

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:20:43 PM

well, it happend even faster than i thought.

sold 50% at 220 and the rest ... will see.

nice game thou  Grin
xmates

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:57:50 PM

lucky you, enjoy the $
AquaNande

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:10:09 PM

And here we're going up again. Tomorrow are we back to normal  Grin
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:19:59 PM

Im sure it will go up as fast as ever.
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:22:45 PM

selling out at 158$/159$  is going to end up looking like a real bad decision.  you could have sold out this evening at $190. So it is with Bitcoin.. always hold onto some!
paulk

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:02:29 PM

Oh well OP was right. And I think it can go somewhat lower.

Would those ASICS caused this? I mean certain people made a big investment in GPU's, created a lot of coins and now started to cash.

I saw someone just before the move something like 60.000 bitcoins. I think that is the winner of this all.
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:57:46 PM

All Bets are off now that mtgox has halted trading.  It will be interesting what happens when they open up again.  Maybe you were right about lows of $35!  Could be the buying opportunity of a life time... Wish I had money to invest.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:11:16 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 05:44:46 PM by tclo

To all of you panic buying because you missed the "greatest thing ever", mark this post, within 6 months you will be able to buy in much lower, I have a large buy order at $35 (just above the 2011 high).

if this were an established commodity like gold, copper, soybeans, or a currency cross, which I have been trading for 15 years, that is the smart buy point - not at $159

you just need to look at the naivete of the posts on this board to know this is a sucker rally.

"i'm loaning money to ....."
" I save $200 a month and im putting it all in bitcoins ...... "
"we are revolutionaries......."

good luck to all the future bitcoin millionaires :-)

Well I agree with you but not sure why you didn't sell at over $200 as there was plenty of time to do that before the obvious crash.  You let the price drop from $260 to $158 to sell...not sure what was going through your head then or maybe you weren't at the computer watching it drop steadily for hours.

Anyway I agree the price will drop below $50 before it ever sees $250 again.  

And yes some people on here are crazy saying that it doesn't matter when you buy because it will be $1000 someday.  Yeah, why not have half as many BTC at that point because you bought near the high because "it didn't matter".

DPRBinder

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:14:32 PM

I bet it hits $1000 before we see $100 again.

I'll take that bet (trading at $95 on campbx and bitcoin-24)
jasonjm (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 05:52:23 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 06:02:27 PM by jasonjm

I didn't sell at $260 because it is impossible to call a top. Anyone who sold at around $260 is purely lucky, not skillful.

Well, I take that back, if you are the market maker or a big fish, you can MAKE a top by dumping huge volume. But that is not me.

Trading is about probabilities, not certainties.

In my opinion the probability of a large correction was very high.

Anyways now you can all see why you need shorts to stabilize any market, there is now a vacuum on the way down (just like there was a vacuum on the way up).

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
mckov

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:59:56 PM

I love reading these posts.  Look half-way through any bubble, and it looks like things have gone insane.  You just never know where it will pop.   A year from now, the hundreds can look the way $30 looks now... or it can look like the top of a radical bubble that burst.  It is all a matter of hindsight.

At the end of the day, invest in bitcoin when you can, if you feel comfortable, and IF you can afford it.  Like anything else in the world.  In my opinion you are neither crazy if you are selling now, or if you are buying now.  In both cases, you are making a bet you cannot possibly know the outcome of.
jasonjm (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:07:25 PM

I love reading these posts.  Look half-way through any bubble, and it looks like things have gone insane.  You just never know where it will pop.   A year from now, the hundreds can look the way $30 looks now... or it can look like the top of a radical bubble that burst.  It is all a matter of hindsight.

At the end of the day, invest in bitcoin when you can, if you feel comfortable, and IF you can afford it.  Like anything else in the world.  In my opinion you are neither crazy if you are selling now, or if you are buying now.  In both cases, you are making a bet you cannot possibly know the outcome of.

yeah it makes for good reading, when things are bubbling.

I still think if bitcoin gets accepted by any major vendor (ebay, amazon, western union, etc) that it will reach $1000 minimum in the future. A lot of ifs and buts in the future though.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:10:52 PM

I didn't sell at $260 because it is impossible to call a top. Anyone who sold at around $260 is purely lucky, not skillful.

Thats why the old saying in proper trading markets is 'leave something on the table for the next man' ie sell while others still think there's more in it and be happy with your exit price. Statistically only a few players happen to catch the top.

I sold at $215, not as good as the peak, but far better than the current bids......
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:36:19 PM

i can't understand all the talk about a bubble.
bitcoin will then be a bubble if too many people are burnt and completely avoid using it in any way and there's just a little unimportant group holding the front and using it for regional markets in their inner circle.
It's just the system bitcoin functions as itself what will push it forward.

Especially when you look at the developements after cyprus imo bitcoin will become a very attractive possibility for tax refugees and many other big players
who can shift huge sums around without any big fees and that completely anonymous.
everybody knows how much money lays in that tax haven sector.

the whole thing just needs time.
You can't predict a longterm developement from these technical problems right now.
The profit gain in these last weeks was just ridiculous, now everythings back to normal.
And I'm still waiting for these 75k accounts at mt. gox to be activated.
(conspiracy wise the only try that finance regulators can do to get a hold of bitcoin and smash it is to buy a significant amount (more than 51 %), control the market and pumping and dumping so hard that everybody has enough after some time.

we will see what's going on in 1 month and how the rollercoaster ride in europe is getting forward.
it feels like big anthill going crazy right now because one stick fell of the tree

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:41:12 PM

Well, I take that back, if you are the market maker or a big fish, you can MAKE a top by dumping huge volume. But that is not me.

Trading is about probabilities, not certainties.

In my opinion the probability of a large correction was very high.

Anyways now you can all see why you need shorts to stabilize any market, there is now a vacuum on the way down (just like there was a vacuum on the way up).

Yes it was, this being a huge speculative bubble that NEEDED to burst was clear as the sun. It needs to correct HARD. No drama, cheaper coins for everybody, and a lot of work to do to build a strong economy based on solid ground and not only speculation.

Because Bitcoin IS and it WILL ALWAYS BE very sensitive to speculation due its own nature. But the bigger is the REAL economy behind it, the most difficult it will be for speculation to pump and pump the market.

Marv21

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:44:54 PM

We will se what happens when MtGox reopens tonight. Maybe we crash totally or we see a rocket launch to the moon. OR so many ppl are scared now, that we stay where we are.
Hmm.
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:51:46 PM

Bitstamp has continued to trade, albeit it's small volumes so illiquid.

Price is around $55 there currently.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:55:35 PM

Could see a large dump when Gox comes back online. I do expect a rally to kick in shortly after.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: