Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:32:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I sold everything at $158/159 this morning  (Read 20712 times)
jjtech

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:42:38 PM

i love how people go gravedigging when someone makes a strong stance on something that doesn't pan out. maybe that'll prevent people from trying to look like know-it-alls.
Everybody can be wrong and usually is in one way or another. The problem is when a guy comes out and plays know-it-all as you say. Calls people suckers etc. Nobody knows what will happen to btc, so what does it hut to say "I think" or "I believe that"..... There is something necro about those guys, sorry
Jochen

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:01:15 PM

Now this guy look back @ this and think  SadHuh
BuhTuglia

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 10:48:36 PM

Hah hah, he might look back and think on it, but he probably won't come back on here and admit he was wrong... BtC is not an "Established commodity"... lots of good that 15 year experience did him... The future bitcoin millionaires did not need his "Good luck", they had something better... and it sure wasn't selling at $159.00...

Just another dust miner... Enquiring Gnomes want to Mine!
Send nothing to 16SVa2iQA6HuNPDGYShpmeEvUBRi2gW7f1
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:53:08 PM

Hah hah, he might look back and think on it, but he probably won't come back on here and admit he was wrong... BtC is not an "Established commodity"... lots of good that 15 year experience did him... The future bitcoin millionaires did not need his "Good luck", they had something better... and it sure wasn't selling at $159.00...

Maybe OP rebought at $80, so he hoding 2x as much Bitcoins. But I doubt it and I remember the April crash, it was tough to buy at $80 right after the crash
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:37:32 AM

Maybe OP rebought at $80, so he hoding 2x as much Bitcoins. But I doubt it and I remember the April crash, it was tough to buy at $80 right after the crash

My guess is OP has no stake in BTC anymore.

With the recent news re Wallstreet adoption coming in the next few months things are going to get a little crazy Wink
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:14:53 AM

My guess is OP has no stake in BTC anymore.

OP is quite a bit active here. So there is a possibility that he had bought some coins a few months after he sold them, albeit at a higher price.
Essex343

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 08:41:57 AM

well, it did go down to 50, 55, and 65 at different times. so.... not too far off.

jmevz

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:03:19 AM

When's this Wall Street thing happening? Is there a post about this?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:31:15 AM

well, it did go down to 50, 55, and 65 at different times. so.... not too far off.

In Mt Gox, the lowest was around 69 (after the $ 261 peak in April). Those who bought BTC then are currently sitting on top of 1,500% profit.
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:45:56 PM

Wasn't hard for me! But I was trying to get in as the price was skyrocketing in April (waiting for my Gox account to fund), so $80 seemed like a bargain to me. I can see those who had cost-basis of under $10 would have found it difficult to buy at $80 after the spike… Probably like $600 didn't seem like a huge bargain to me after $1200, with my average cost-basis for most of my coin being sub-$100.

In Mt Gox, the lowest was around 69 (after the $ 261 peak in April). Those who bought BTC then are currently sitting on top of 1,500% profit.
Heck, even those who purchased at that April peak price have had their investment more than quadruple (and then settle back down to a mere tripling +). I picked up a few $65-ish coins on Coinbase, I believe, at some low points in months after April.

trumbadera

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:51:47 PM

With the recent news re Wallstreet adoption coming in the next few months things are going to get a little crazy Wink

And I thought Bitcoin is crazy already with the price swings this year Smiley
Anyone

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:33:44 PM

From what I think I understand, if peeps are treating Bitcoin as a commodity (like gold etc) then they have missed the whole point of Bitcoins...

Satoshi must be so proud right now, instead of replacing money, we use Bitcoin to make more money.... Doesn't make sense. If we were actually serious about Bitcoin replacing government owned paper moneys, then Bitcoins need to be used, spent, circulated and incorporated into our daily lives, otherwise its just another software program to use to make money. No different to any other "get rich" type software - A very sad outcome for such an amazing concept.

I would be curious to find how many people on this forum are in it to make more money, supporting the centralised banking system, and how money are here to escape the bankers, hoping for something better? Can you realistically see yourself using Bitcoin for your money dealings in the future?

If this attitude becomes the most prevailing (the idea of Bitcoin as a commodity) then Bitcoin as a currency is doomed. A few fat cats and lucky geeks will make a bundle, and the vision of a decentralised currency dies as yet another good idea ruined by our own human greed.. (in my humble newbie opinion!)
hollowframe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:35:03 PM

OP got back in at some point and posted in spec forum that he sold everything from like 350-445
e521

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:47:14 PM

From what I think I understand, if peeps are treating Bitcoin as a commodity (like gold etc) then they have missed the whole point of Bitcoins...

Satoshi must be so proud right now, instead of replacing money, we use Bitcoin to make more money.... Doesn't make sense. If we were actually serious about Bitcoin replacing government owned paper moneys, then Bitcoins need to be used, spent, circulated and incorporated into our daily lives, otherwise its just another software program to use to make money. No different to any other "get rich" type software - A very sad outcome for such an amazing concept.

I would be curious to find how many people on this forum are in it to make more money, supporting the centralised banking system, and how money are here to escape the bankers, hoping for something better? Can you realistically see yourself using Bitcoin for your money dealings in the future?

If this attitude becomes the most prevailing (the idea of Bitcoin as a commodity) then Bitcoin as a currency is doomed. A few fat cats and lucky geeks will make a bundle, and the vision of a decentralised currency dies as yet another good idea ruined by our own human greed.. (in my humble newbie opinion!)

That's not entirely true, bitcoin the currency can be used side by side with FIAT for example to fight iper inflation.
At the moment is very difficult to buy cryptos and only a fool would spend mined coins seeing the long term trend.
And how would you deal with irreversibility with internet transactions?

Jochen

Activity: 228

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:49:48 PM

When's this Wall Street thing happening? Is there a post about this?

So says Barry Silbert, founder and chief executive of SecondMarket, the online platform that allows its users to trade private company stocks. "We're three to six months away from Wall Street dollars moving into Bitcoin in a big way," he says.

Read more: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/230346#ixzz2nJ8SJj6b
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:50:50 PM

OP got back in at some point and posted in spec forum that he sold everything from like 350-445

OP has conservative trading strategy, and it works, but just holding is much better I believe
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:52:11 PM

Even in last July one could have bought at below $70.
Anyone

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:01:26 AM

[quote/]That's not entirely true, bitcoin the currency can be used side by side with FIAT for example to fight iper inflation.
At the moment is very difficult to buy cryptos and only a fool would spend mined coins seeing the long term trend.
[/quote]

Only a fool... so you dont agree that the use and circulation of Bitcoins has anything to do with its rise/fall in value? I know it does with paper moneys, why are Bitcoins different?

Irreversibility is simply a matter of regulation and choice. At some point, those seeking more secure comerce methods will develop methods to send and receive, and receipting systems, and identification systems (Coinbase already uses bank account connections, probably others do too) Those seeking less regulation "cash economy" would simply not use regulated systems. Why is that complex?

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:07:28 AM

So, just popping in on the thread to laugh at the OP's fortune telling skills.  Grin
IMHO bitcoin is pretty mysterious, you really can't tell where it'll go next.
e521

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:36:57 AM

[quote/]That's not entirely true, bitcoin the currency can be used side by side with FIAT for example to fight iper inflation.

Only a fool... so you dont agree that the use and circulation of Bitcoins has anything to do with its rise/fall in value? I know it does with paper moneys, why are Bitcoins different?

Irreversibility is simply a matter of regulation and choice. At some point, those seeking more secure comerce methods will develop methods to send and receive, and receipting systems, and identification systems (Coinbase already uses bank account connections, probably others do too) Those seeking less regulation "cash economy" would simply not use regulated systems. Why is that complex?

[/quote]

Yes I don't agree with the simple fact that BTC is not backed by anybody, it's a speculative "commodity".
And yes, it is complex as I need to trust an unknown 3rd party. It's not like using a Visa, Paypal or Mastercard

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: