Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:44:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I sold everything at $158/159 this morning  (Read 20712 times)
BitcoinAtlas

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:56:54 AM

Wow, what a crazy thread - sure interesting reading Smiley
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anyone

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:00:38 AM

[quote/]That's not entirely true, bitcoin the currency can be used side by side with FIAT for example to fight iper inflation.
At the moment is very difficult to buy cryptos and only a fool would spend mined coins seeing the long term trend.
And how would you deal with irreversibility with internet transactions?

Only a fool... so you dont agree that the use and circulation of Bitcoins has anything to do with its rise/fall in value? I know it does with paper moneys, why are Bitcoins different?

Irreversibility is simply a matter of regulation and choice. At some point, those seeking more secure comerce methods will develop methods to send and receive, and receipting systems, and identification systems (Coinbase already uses bank account connections, probably others do too) Those seeking less regulation "cash economy" would simply not use regulated systems. Why is that complex?

Yes I don't agree with the simple fact that BTC is not backed by anybody, it's a speculative "commodity".
And yes, it is complex as I need to trust an unknown 3rd party. It's not like using a Visa, Paypal or Mastercard
[/quote]

I dont know how to respond to the first part of your statement: Yes I don't agree with the simple fact that BTC is not backed by anybody, it's a speculative "commodity". since my statement was original post was that the concept of using it as a commodity is contrary to its purpose as a currency, but as for not being backed by anybody...in any logical trading sense, that's exactly WHY its nuts to use it as a commodity... (isnt it?)

As to your scond sentence...IF..or example..IF there was something like a Coinbase wallet, where I can connect my bank account and this same account can run my mastercard (debit) and if Coinbase had a 100 point verifications system and a separate (static) wallet (oh wait...do they already do it that way??? anyone wiser know?) ..anyway, if they verified my identity the way banks/visa/bankers/governments say so, you would still consider Mastercard/Visa to be safer on the internet? Or (shudder) PayPal?

*random rant (If your crawler scum are reading this PayPal I curse every cent you get from me, you thieving government puppets!) *end rant.

I agree we will always disagree Sir x

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:01:28 AM

Long term holders FTW Wink
codegeek

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:25:51 AM

I can't imagine BTC ever dropping back do any where near the $100 range again. Too many real world assets focused on it now.
BitcoinAtlas

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:27:36 AM

I can't imagine BTC ever dropping back do any where near the $100 range again. Too many real world assets focused on it now.

To bad, I would love to buy few int this price Smiley
Anyone

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:52:34 AM

Long term holders FTW Wink

They possibly will....
jerelimZ

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:22:32 AM

I agree and definitively not in anyone interest, like big whales playing the market

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

praeluceo

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:27:43 AM

Man I wish I had been mining bitcoin back then instead of running folding@home! I could have been rich!
Anyone

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:31:43 AM

My friend told me about them when they were $90 .. hindsight is really an ugly thing  Cool
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:36:59 AM

Man I wish I had been mining bitcoin back then instead of running folding@home! I could have been rich!

Same here Cheesy
Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:51:38 AM

So, just popping in on the thread to laugh at the OP's fortune telling skills.  Grin
IMHO bitcoin is pretty mysterious, you really can't tell where it'll go next.

Lol.. I know right?

He would have made so much more if he had kept it just for a few more months.
gooki

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 06:01:48 AM

This is the funniest thing I have seen all day. No sure thing in trading
RarsMover11

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:17:18 AM

Pretty funny to read through all the posts!

That is one of the problems with bitcoin though, no matter how many you have you always keep thinking you should've bought them earlier or more of them...

Perhaps he will now buy back some coins and be happy again when they keep rising in value...
William Whiston

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:18:22 AM

We must never forsake the plain, obvious, easy and natural sense, unless where the nature of the thing itself, parallel places, or evident reason, afford a solid and sufficient reason for so doing.
Owendong

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:31:16 AM

I still remember when bitcoins dropped down to $70 on BTCE right after the Silk Road takedown, too bad I couldn't move money fast enough into my BTCE account to buy some back then.

Does anyone know what's the cheapest way to deposit fiat into BTCE?
Poet512

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:42:49 AM

I still remember when bitcoins dropped down to $70 on BTCE right after the Silk Road takedown, too bad I couldn't move money fast enough into my BTCE account to buy some back then.

I have seen dozens of posts saying BTC-e is a scam, but I am not sure if it is true.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:06:37 AM

mark this post, within 6 months you will be able to buy in much lower
Done. And you're an idiot. Smiley

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:21:49 AM

"i'm loaning money to ....."
" I save $200 a month and im putting it all in bitcoins ...... "
"we are revolutionaries......."

good luck to all the future bitcoin millionaires :-)

Thanks. Most of us didn't expect to be worth such an insane amount in fiat so soon thanks to BTC - but we believed it was possible and we held to most of our coins.

Profit taking is not only healthy but necessary, but selling them all? Honestly, the only reason to sell all ones BTC at some point is urgent need of money to deal with a life threatening situation; if that's not the case, liquidating all BTC one has is just utterly reckless and shows zero understanding of what BTC is and its potential.

Mark my words: BTC will reach $5k soon, and those who sold at $160 while predicting it's failure will be mocked very hard.

jmevz

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:35:11 AM

I have seen dozens of posts saying BTC-e is a scam, but I am not sure if it is true.

It's a huge scam if it is, but it's not.

I knew about Bitcoin when they were $90 too. Could have, should have, didn't. Time to move on!

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:40:06 PM

To all of you panic buying because you missed the "greatest thing ever", mark this post, within 6 months you will be able to buy in much lower, I have a large buy order at $35 (just above the 2011 high).

if this were an established commodity like gold, copper, soybeans, or a currency cross, which I have been trading for 15 years, that is the smart buy point - not at $159

you just need to look at the naivete of the posts on this board to know this is a sucker rally.

"i'm loaning money to ....."
" I save $200 a month and im putting it all in bitcoins ...... "
"we are revolutionaries......."

good luck to all the future bitcoin millionaires :-)

This was your original post, I saved it for my own reference. it will be a year soon ...

I sold all my Bitcoin at $120 and set a buy order at $0.03  See you in a year, suckers

Internet doesn't forget  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: