Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:02:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How balls deep are you in social media?  (Read 1069 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:46:48 PM

I was hanging out with a few youngsters in my proximity the other day and realised after a short while that they'd spent somewhere around 80-90% of their time on their phones taking selfies, tweeting, snapchatting and whatever else younglings got up to via the internet.

It brought me to the realisation that most social media has passed me by. I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and usually have never heard of the latest $200 trillion company that allows you to draw moustaches on selfies of your anus or whatever. This forum is of course a similar thing but not quite of the same ilk. I have a smartphone but most of the time it's turned off as I don't want to talk anyone and it's only really used for navigation and retrieving some information via searches.

Is social media the cornerstone of your own life? Is it where you pick up most of your news and organise your days or is it something you can take or leave? I'm starting to get the feeling that not having a social media presence will soon be akin to having bad or no credit at which point I'll start unabombing.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:25:48 PM

How balls deep are you in social media, you ask?

"I knew I shouldn't have left my iPhone at the pen this morning."

"Rufus the Goat was resued three days later after having his balls caught on a fence."

"Finally, my first enjoyable meal since having my balls caught on a fence."

Hung_Daddy

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:25:40 AM

Im in all of the except instagram

Too much work to be posting images all the time to be honest
LilibethSantos

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 07:19:37 AM

I spend maybe 30 minutes per week on social media.

Lutheriusourexi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:44:26 AM

i have account social medial
in twitter , facebook, instagram, google plus and more
but iam playing social media to get find money, iam use find traffic my blog and youtube chanel
saatana

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:57:14 PM

I have no profiles in social media

Except forums that are not social media
sugarfly

Activity: 135

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:03:45 PM

No Facebook, just twitter and a little bit of youtube.
I hope there would exist decentralised versions of those.

Probably the next years.

-sf-
pepethefrog

Activity: 120
Merit: 13

Pepe is NOT a hate symbol

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:46:26 PM

Pepe has been fighting at the fore front of the MEME WARS.

Pepe lost lots of good friends in these wars,. ...

Pepe is everywhere in social media.

Smiley

Bipcoin: bip1W2nq2vhM4f6kaHSsVD5J1LdRb1M3mCqftwq6erpEeKzsj8Kjrxy5xUs9VAtF233nNzcMQN2ZQfJ fvi2WensZ5tGJv2ysY8
Pepe is NOT a hate symbol.
sugarfly

Activity: 135

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:24:33 PM

hey pepe

big fan!

Grin Grin Grin

-sf-
keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 05:37:24 AM

I was hanging out with a few youngsters in my proximity the other day and realised after a short while that they'd spent somewhere around 80-90% of their time on their phones taking selfies, tweeting, snapchatting and whatever else younglings got up to via the internet.

It brought me to the realisation that most social media has passed me by. I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and usually have never heard of the latest $200 trillion company that allows you to draw moustaches on selfies of your anus or whatever. This forum is of course a similar thing but not quite of the same ilk. I have a smartphone but most of the time it's turned off as I don't want to talk anyone and it's only really used for navigation and retrieving some information via searches.

Is social media the cornerstone of your own life?

The older people are, the less likely they are to use social media. Smart phones and social media give adults a toy that they don't feel stupid playing with in public. The pre-game boy generation weren't indoctrinated into using tech toys in public, the post-game boy generation were indoctrinated at an early age, and smart phones are a natural progression to them.
transabox

Activity: 177

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 07:00:26 PM

Is social media the cornerstone of your own life?

The older people are, the less likely they are to use social media. Smart phones and social media give adults a toy that they don't feel stupid playing with in public. The pre-game boy generation weren't indoctrinated into using tech toys in public, the post-game boy generation were indoctrinated at an early age, and smart phones are a natural progression to them.

in fact, that children are not dependent on the gadgets they need to be properly educated. Parents should strictly control how much time their children spend on the Internet.
denzelc

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:27:38 PM

I do have a couple of social media accounts. Not sure how many balls deep is that.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:17:39 AM

I never had a social media account in my entire live and I’m relatively young, my friends hate me for it and my girlfriends and ex girlfriends have tried to get me in and even created an account for me, but I did not use it, and that drives them mad, not knowing where I’m or what I’m up to and the funniest thing is I love it.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:35:00 AM

I troll Youtube comments occasionally but that is it.
Also I only use my phone for music when i go mountain biking around town.
PC or Phone social media ?

Balls deep ? SM makes my happy go limp  Cry

Here is a picture of a Goat !

FUD first & ask questions later™
SpousedHF

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:16:33 AM

I would actually say that my tip isn't even in heh but seriously I don't have any social medias I despise all of them I just feel like they are a invasion of privacy that is just my personal opinion however.
chris_nor

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:23:01 AM

Not balls in at all. I hate it, due to the description you gave of teenagers. Just the culture of fascination with oneself.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:29:41 AM

Not balls in at all. I hate it, due to the description you gave of teenagers. Just the culture of fascination with oneself.

Insecurity.
I need friends and attention or i will wither away and die.
To me a good day is one where i never seen or heard any human.
My self esteem is not contingent on others.

South Park got it when they did a Facebook episode long ago saying chick friends were worth more.

UliJonHoth

Activity: 281

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:02:54 PM

I've got a Facebook account but the only reason I still have it is to keep in contact with several old friends who live elsewhere.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3470
Merit: 4440

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:50:45 PM

I only got a facebook account with all my friends and family, just to keep up-to-date how there doing, nothing more.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:56:54 PM

They workin' on Deadbook ..Facebook with the dead.
Now you can play Yahtzee or Farm games with your dead grandma !

#HASHTAGPEDOGLASSES

Snaaaaaaaapchaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: