Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:29:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Signature Campaign Calculator [Preview]  (Read 939 times)
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:42:42 AM

Hello everyone. I've created a simple PHP script that can visit Bitcointalk user post history and fetch their posts within a certain time frame. In addition to it, this script will calculate the amount of payout the user should receive from a signature campaign within that time frame.

To add on, this script not only work for one or two specific signature campaigns (because every campaigns have their own rules), this script can work with a lot of campaigns with the introduction "rules setting". For example, you can set the MAXPOST or MINCHARS. Not only that, you can have certain special rule for specific section (group of forums), forum or even topic. Below is some example.

S6:0 - 0x (no payout) for posts within the Alternate cryptocurrencies section.
S1:1.2 - 1.2x normal payout for posts within the Bitcoin section.

F1.0:1.5 - 1.5x normal payout for posts inside Bitcoin Discussion forum.
F67.0:0 - 0x (no payout) for posts inside Altcoin Discussion forum.

T996318:0 - 0x (no payout) for posts inside the Stake your Bitcoin address here topic.
T208986:2 - 2x normal payout for posts inside the Primedice | Most Popular & Trusted | Huge Community | Free BTC topic.

This script was initially created so that I can check if my signature campaign manager (it was also a bot back then) is calculating my posts as intended or not. As time goes on, I added more features such as custom rules and time frame, I feel that I should show this script to everyone.

This script is never intended to replace signature campaign human managers (though, I'll do my best to make this a good application).

I will be adding Javascript calculation to the script so that signature campaign managers can use the script to scan through users posts quickly (without the need to manually visiting post history pages) and decide whether or not to credit the user for his/her post with a click of button. Then the Javascript will automatically increase or decrease the payout depending on the result.

If you have any more suggestion or want to see more features (such as keywords) being added, feel free to reply to this thread. Of course, I don't mind you posting to show me your support too! Smiley.

---------

I'm currently working on creating an online website where user can use this script. Since Bitcointalk only allows a maximum of one page request per second, I cannot allow multiple requests to happen at once - and so I will have to create a script where only one request will be accepted per time (somewhat like how https://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/ require the user to wait for a few minutes before the proceed the request).

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 04:30:36 PM

Wow it will be very useful for campaign manager to filtering participants post. This bot just calculate it, right? I means the payment, so payment transaction itself execute by a human.

Then, how about the trust system?
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:55:08 PM

I wouldn't disappoint you by saying such projects were already created in the past by respective signature campaign managers and of course Mitchell [staff] uses them for filtering out spam/nuking accounts I believe.However,you can always try to enhance it by implementing an NLP algorithm,that is what every of the other project lacked.Yes,artificial learning.If your bot can make out a spam post from a good one regardless of the length,then it will actually benefit the community.
jamyr

Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:18:20 PM

Brilliant idea.

I wouldn't disappoint you by saying such projects were already created in the past by respective signature campaign managers and of course Mitchell [staff] uses them for filtering out spam/nuking accounts I believe.However,you can always try to enhance it by implementing an NLP algorithm,that is what every of the other project lacked.Yes,artificial learning.If your bot can make out a spam post from a good one regardless of the length,then it will actually benefit the community.

but I have to agree with POTATOE in this. It is like the account price estimator which led to number disagreements between the owner of the account and the one buying because the owner relies on the said tool.(i still love that tool though). If your tool will be able to differentiate gibberish posts from humorous, and not simply count the characters then it will be THE ONE.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:21:34 PM

I know a certain signature campaign that tried something like this. Let's just say it didn't exactly go over well when they left the campaign on autopilot. This is OK if you don't have the time to properly go through each post but you still need to have a man on the ground so to speak.
jamyr

Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:37:26 PM

I know a certain signature campaign that tried something like this. Let's just say it didn't exactly go over well when they left the campaign on autopilot. This is OK if you don't have the time to properly go through each post but you still need to have a man on the ground so to speak.

The post includes:
This script is never intended to replace signature campaign human managers (though, I'll do my best to make this a good application).

I will be adding Javascript calculation to the script so that signature campaign managers can use the script to scan through users posts quickly (without the need to manually visiting post history pages) and decide whether or not to credit the user for his/her post with a click of button. Then the Javascript will automatically increase or decrease the payout depending on the result.

If you have any more suggestion or want to see more features (such as keywords) being added, feel free to reply to this thread. Of course, I don't mind you posting to show me your support too! Smiley.

---------

I'm currently working on creating an online website where user can use this script. Since Bitcointalk only allows a maximum of one page request per second, I cannot allow multiple requests to happen at once - and so I will have to create a script where only one request will be accepted per time (somewhat like how https://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/ require the user to wait for a few minutes before the proceed the request).

it is not to be left operating alone(yet). it is more like a simplified version of show last posts and potentially will grow and develop as time goes by. AI hopefully.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 04:06:36 PM

Wow it will be very useful for campaign manager to filtering participants post. This bot just calculate it, right? I means the payment, so payment transaction itself execute by a human.

Then, how about the trust system?

Thank you for your positive comment. Yes, this application just calculate the payment to be send. The payment will need to be executed by a human. It is possible to have automated payment via payment processor API, but that is not I want for this script as it do not have a good "quality checker" as others mentioned after your post.

This is something I have considered and I plan to implant a feature that will send the posts to an online quality checker system via API (so I do not have to do the work - leave it to a big company with more resources to do it) to "judge" the quality of posts. This is so that I can focus more on others area where I am more comfortable. I am thinking of using Microsoft Cognitive System - Bing Spell Check since they have a free plan of up to 5000 calls per month - which is more than what most signature campaign need (let's say, if one person make 100 posts per month, they can have 50 participants).

One problem with this is that, the user will have to trust me with their API. Since there is a limit of 5000 calls per month, I couldn't use my own API key. Unless, of course, they decide to run the script on their own system - which I am not going to release my script until most of the required features is up.

Tell me what do you think about this idea.

Brilliant idea.

Thank you.

I agree with what you say. This tool is never intended to replace human signature campaign manager. This tool is created to simplify the process for (potential) signature campaign managers - I believe most current signature campaign managers have developed their own tools (lol) - and small business that want to start a short campaign but do not have enough fund to hire manager and/or want to shorten the time.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Patatas
Legendary

Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 06:14:00 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2016, 06:27:57 PM by Patatas

This is something I have considered and I plan to implant a feature that will send the posts to an online quality checker system via API (so I do not have to do the work - leave it to a big company with more resources to do it) to "judge" the quality of posts. This is so that I can focus more on others area where I am more comfortable. I am thinking of using Microsoft Cognitive System - Bing Spell Check since they have a free plan of up to 5000 calls per month - which is more than what most signature campaign need (let's say, if one person make 100 posts per month, they can have 50 participants).

One problem with this is that, the user will have to trust me with their API. Since there is a limit of 5000 calls per month, I couldn't use my own API key. Unless, of course, they decide to run the script on their own system - which I am not going to release my script until most of the required features is up.
Using API key and trust issues is not even the closest concerns.What bothers me is the efficiency of the remote API.Simply checking spellings and grammar doesn't really decide whether a post is spammy or constructive,neither does it's length.If not for implementing your own Machine Learning Algorithm,I barely see anything that is going to work out for our own scenario.What I'm really implying is,let the bot learn more about posts in bitcoin talk,where it comes to a point it can segregate a good post from the bad one by itself with matching the patterns.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 06:22:52 PM

I agree with what you say. This tool is never intended to replace human signature campaign manager. This tool is created to simplify the process for (potential) signature campaign managers - I believe most current signature campaign managers have developed their own tools (lol) - and small business that want to start a short campaign but do not have enough fund to hire manager and/or want to shorten the time.
Even campaigns being managed for ages via automated scripts (e.g. yobit or bitmixer) end up hiring human managers (hilarious and lauda in these cases) in order to fight spam.
Scripts simply can't do stuff like that currently (feel free to prove me wrong by providing a script that can match up to one of the current top managers).
As for businesses that don't want to spend funds for a designated manager/take the time to manage their campaign themselves, maybe those shouldn't be advertising via signatures to start with.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:54:08 AM

Using API key and trust issues is not even the closest concerns.What bothers me is the efficiency of the remote API.Simply checking spellings and grammar doesn't really decide whether a post is spammy or constructive,neither does it's length.If not for implementing your own Machine Learning Algorithm,I barely see anything that is going to work out for our own scenario.What I'm really implying is,let the bot learn more about posts in bitcoin talk,where it comes to a point it can segregate a good post from the bad one by itself with matching the patterns.

I understand what you are trying to say. And I'd say that machine learning is a very interesting concept that I will definitely be looking into it. However, it will never (at least for the near future) be implanted for this script because machine learning is still a new (and complicated) concept that a lot of big technology companies is still struggling with. To add on, having a feature that judge the quality of members posts is not the scope of this project. As I keep stressing, this project is created to simplify the process for signature campaign manager (more information below) and not to replace them by any means. Additionally, PHP is not a very suitable language (though, it can still be) for machine learning program.

Even campaigns being managed for ages via automated scripts (e.g. yobit or bitmixer) end up hiring human managers (hilarious and lauda in these cases) in order to fight spam.
Scripts simply can't do stuff like that currently (feel free to prove me wrong by providing a script that can match up to one of the current top managers).
As for businesses that don't want to spend funds for a designated manager/take the time to manage their campaign themselves, maybe those shouldn't be advertising via signatures to start with.

Firstly, thank you for your comment. It is my honor to have you here to express your comment (others too).

I completely understand that automated script will never be able to match human signature campaign managers in many ways - at least for the next few decades. This script is not intended to replace human signature campaign managers. This script is just a tool to simplify the process for signature campaign managers. For example, it can ignore message posted in a certain section, forums or even topic. It can also ignore posts with less than a certain characters. The two rules mentioned is something that a lot - if not most - signature campaign enforce. This way, signature campaign manager (assuming they do not have their own tool yet) do not need to verify the board where the message is posted and the length of the message. This can potentially increase the efficiency for campaign managers.

I am currently working on to add JavaScript calculation to the application so that managers can easily approve or disapprove with a click of button and then the application will automatically update the amount of payment that need to be send. With that being say, all signature campaign managers need to do is to judge the quality of the posts and make the payment.

I'm sorry if my discussion about machine learning and post quality checker make you misunderstand what I am trying to achieve for this script. I am just discussing it as a matter of personal interest.

If my calculation logic is right, there will never (I am using this term slightly, please don't mind) make any calculation errors as compared to a human manager - and this is where script wins against human (unless of course, my calculation logic is wrong) - because the logic will always be consistent.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: