Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76698 times)
fogsan

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:45:52 PM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
I think that it is a sharp fluctuation in price, a remittance time and a remittance commission

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hitman777

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:56:12 PM

Biggest one is Ban exchange sites it is hard to cashout bitcoin in my country.
in future will find ways to get cash more than sites
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:20:31 AM

The biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is fee when we transfer amount mainly blockchain is charging hell lot of fees which will send negative image for newbies
mengpujiu93388

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:37:08 AM

Volatility and acceptance. Bitcoin is so volatile that prices can fluctuate as much as 30% a day, and people are reluctant to invest in bitcoins.
rfj

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:19:12 AM

The government isn't managing the bitcoin so the remittance is not fully accepting the bitcoin as currency.

baho11

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:20:43 AM

dont really see a disadvantages but i think its because of the bitcoin is popular in many people but not too popular all over the world there are still so many people didn't know about it and this technology is still not been proven in many countries in the world there are so many people not ready for change in this kind of technologies also lack of partnerships of bitcoin in many companies.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:36:27 AM

I personally think that the biggest disadvantage that bitcoin has is its mysteriousness. Not everybody knows how bitcoin works. I am sure that not all person who earn bitcoin does not know all about bitcoin. Another disadvantage is its instability. It keeps fluctuating. I am sure that is another reason why people do not want to invest in bitcoin
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:57:22 AM

I think the most disadvantages of bitcoin are the time transactions that can not be instant and need a certain confirmation to be used, this will certainly be a big problem if the user increased up to 3x this year.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:52:01 AM

If we talk about bitcoin disadvantages now, i think the most disadvantages for bitcoin user is the FEE.
Bitcoin transaction fee is high now. I dont know if it will keep high or not, but it is surely makes disadvantages for bitcoin users
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:41:01 AM

If we talk about bitcoin disadvantages now, i think the most disadvantages for bitcoin user is the FEE.
Bitcoin transaction fee is high now. I dont know if it will keep high or not, but it is surely makes disadvantages for bitcoin users

I think it's only a disadvantage to the bitcoin users who do not have that much yet. That disadvantage is removed when someone starts to earn a lot more than that. It's just a small price to pay for such a big earning, tbh with you. I don't even consider it as a disadvantage anymore because everyone's paying the same thing anyway. Plus, you are lucky to be here since a lot of people don't have an extra way to earn money even though they badly need it.

The biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is fee when we transfer amount mainly blockchain is charging hell lot of fees which will send negative image for newbies

It's not like newbies have the money to send anyway. Newbies are mostly just receiving and receiving money in their wallet. I remember it took me months before I ever sent money to someone. All I did was earn money but never really spend some or buy something from the Internet.

I personally think that the biggest disadvantage that bitcoin has is its mysteriousness. Not everybody knows how bitcoin works. I am sure that not all person who earn bitcoin does not know all about bitcoin. Another disadvantage is its instability. It keeps fluctuating. I am sure that is another reason why people do not want to invest in bitcoin

It's their fault to not study about bitcoin. It's not mysterious in any way because all of the details that you have to know about bitcoin is out there. There's no "secret" in here. Everything's transparent, even the transactions.

Actually, the price fluctuation is actually the reason why people are investing in bitcoin. Well, at least the ones that are going to trade. The people that are skeptical to invest in bitcoin because of the price fluctuation are probably just newbies and they aren't going to put that much money anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

echo11

Activity: 188
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:48:32 AM

For me, the fact that it is still not accepted in other countries and people still not knowing about it is the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin. If only bitcoin will be widely accepted and people start using it, I'm sure other problems regarding bitcoin will surely have a solution that will benefit all of us.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

For me, the fact that it is still not accepted in other countries and people still not knowing about it is the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin. If only bitcoin will be widely accepted and people start using it, I'm sure other problems regarding bitcoin will surely have a solution that will benefit all of us.

This is just one of the minor problem. But actually, the problem with popularity and demand from people can be fixed through time. Before there were only few people who truly knew it but it tremendously increase as of the moment. There ia ni denying that demand now haa grown and this was not actually predicted before.

But the true main  two big problems in the cryptocurrency ecosystem is the exorbitant bitcoin transaction fee and the  clogging and delays on both the Eth and BTC blockchains. If another coin can provide a solution to these two problems, a new token can be worth more than bitcoin by the end of this year.
cryptomad77

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:45:32 AM

Bitcoin can't be use as easy as normal currency for every purchase or payment, price can go up and down unpredictable. Sometimes confirmation takes longer time and the current fees is too much..
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:23:39 AM

I guess the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is, not everyone is capable of using digital currency, mode of payment, sometimes its so hard to understand and not everyone too is interested in investing in it, they still hesitate to do it and it will take time before they will get the profit because they will have to wait for the good price those who are used to paper money or in any bank transaction they can easily get their money whenever they want.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:46:04 PM

I think it's only a disadvantage to the bitcoin users who do not have that much yet. That disadvantage is removed when someone starts to earn a lot more than that. It's just a small price to pay for such a big earning, tbh with you. I don't even consider it as a disadvantage anymore because everyone's paying the same thing anyway. Plus, you are lucky to be here since a lot of people don't have an extra way to earn money even though they badly need it.

It's not like newbies have the money to send anyway. Newbies are mostly just receiving and receiving money in their wallet. I remember it took me months before I ever sent money to someone. All I did was earn money but never really spend some or buy something from the Internet.

It's their fault to not study about bitcoin. It's not mysterious in any way because all of the details that you have to know about bitcoin is out there. There's no "secret" in here. Everything's transparent, even the transactions.

Actually, the price fluctuation is actually the reason why people are investing in bitcoin. Well, at least the ones that are going to trade. The people that are skeptical to invest in bitcoin because of the price fluctuation are probably just newbies and they aren't going to put that much money anyway so it doesn't matter that much.
Everything have advantages and good advantages because it’s not possible when some have good advantages and don’t have disadvantages so same here with bitcoin there is also some disadvantages of bitcoin first of all bitcoin is only available on internet so its mean when you have internet then you can use bitcoin and when you don’t have internet so then you can’t use bitcoin and secondly bitcoin have no physical shape or logo.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
elramsy

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:12:56 AM

Disadvantages of Bitcoins
1.   Level of acceptance
Many people are still unaware of Bitcoin. Every day, more businesses accept bitcoins because they want the advantages of doing so, but the list remains small and still needs to grow in order to benefit from network effects.
2.   High explosive value
Bitcoin prices are very volatile and increases/decreases at a very high pace. Speculators wish to take advantage of it but genuine investors thinks of it as too risky and therefore all the investors does not invest in Bitcoins. Apparently can also experience deflation.
3.   Possible Government Interference
Well the government may not take your Bitcoins away but can ban it in the country, which forces bitcoin wallets and companies to shut down. The bitcoins in these wallets are freezed and access to them becomes difficult.
4.   Lack of recourse
If you lose the wallet which had bitcoins stored in it, you have lost all of your bitcoins in that wallet. You cannot regain it and they are simply lost forever.
In case credit card/debit card stolen, we can call the merchant to cancel the card and request for a new one but in case of Bitcoins, as it is decentralized and no one has control over it , we don’t have any person to call.

Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:33:47 PM

in all of the cryptocurrency there are so many disadvantages, one of this is the eligibility of the cryptocurrency in one country. Bitcoin disadvantages is like the other cryptocurrency that's why it is too risky to invest in it.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:20:14 PM
Merited by mabell943 (16)

All of the cryptocurrency has its own disadvantages thats why when you investing in this kind of investment you must know the limitations of it.
Bitcoin has many disadvantages like the life of it or the value of it, we are not pretty sure if the value of it will stay the same or it will go up and down. This is the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin in the world of cryptocurrency.
Linaewen

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:22:36 PM

Bitcoin can be stolen in many ways. It is the bitcoin owner’s responsibility to keep them safe, and this meant implementing additional layers of security such as 2-factor authentication. Keeping them in web wallets can be dangerous. If you have a significant amount of bitcoins, you are advised to keep them in hardware wallets

Bitcoin service providers can be hard to trust

The biggest names have failed the Bitcoin community. Who can forget the Mt. Gox incident in 2014. It was the biggest bitcoin exchanger at the time and practically disappeared overnight along with almost 745,000 bitcoins.

More recently in 2016, thieves stole almost 120,000 bitcoins during the Bitfinex hack – and experts still don’t know how they did it.
Iluvataren

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:26:30 PM

Cold hard cash is still the widest and most used form of payment – it’s acceptance is second to none. By contrast, bitcoin is only accepted at a handful of shops. However, bitcoin debit cards help to address this issue – linked to payment processors, they help make bitcoin spending a bit easier.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: