Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:56:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76698 times)
Galworn

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:56:49 PM

It’s an important fact that many of us are still unaware of digital currencies and Bitcoin. People ought to be educated regarding Bitcoin to be ready to apply it to their lives.
Mostly takes bitcoin as a benefit, however, the list is comparatively tiny compared to physical currencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Galathilion

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:04:12 PM

Bitcoin has volatility mainly due to the fact that there is a limited amount of coins and the demand for them increases by each passing day.
However, it is expected that the volatility will decrease as more time goes on.
As more businesses, medias, and trading centers begin to accept Bitcoin, its’ price will eventually settle down.
Currently, Bitcoin’s price bounces everyday mainly due to current events that are related to digital currencies.
Estreal

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:20:14 PM

Personally i see government interferance as the biggest disadvantage bitcoin has,though the government may not take your Bitcoins away but can ban it in the country, which forces bitcoin wallets and companies to shut down. The bitcoins in these wallets are freezed and access to them becomes difficult.
Galadrielien

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:22:49 PM

Bitcoin is still at its infancy stage with incomplete features that are in development.
To make the digital currency more secure and accessible, new features, tools, and services are currently being developed.
Bitcoin has some growth to do before it comes to its full and final potential.
This is because Bitcoin is just starting out, and it needs to work out its problems just like how any currency in its beginning stage would need to.
Roydgon

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:31:37 PM

Among the shortcomings can be noted that there is no guarantee the preservation of electronic kriptokoshelkov due to lack of regulatory mechanisms. High variability trend of prices due to the nature of use. Possible negative actions in respect of the national regulators. For example, the ban on CBR operations bitkoynov. If you lose the password to the e kriptokoshelku you also lose all kriptomonety are there. Mining equipment kriptomonet to individual users become unprofitable as increasing complexity.
MaxiMan

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:41:12 PM

Bitcoin is not completely implemented in every country and due to very low transaction fee many people are using for illegal activities, The price of bitcoin is also not stable.

Maybe low for Big Transactions, > 500$ Worth on BTC atm, but for small payments is really painful.
Is like sending money via international bank transfer (fees cost from 10$ ~ 50$). Even if its your neighbour.

Something must be done to decrease cost fees in order to make viable for small transactions.
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:22:55 PM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

Bitcoin is too exposed in other people's critic unlike other types of cryptocurrency. It's kinda hard to argue a lot with other people because sometimes their claims are either too impressive or just plain wrong. Bitcoin is too much popular for me that every move is counted and recorded hence every issue stays a lot longer.
Nana99

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:33:26 PM

as for me, the main disadvantage  is not being able to reverse transactions as this would attract more investors
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:48:06 PM

I think the disadvantage of bitcoin was the ICO bounty campaigns (for alternate coins) behind it. It leaves a sour taste whenever an ICO is not successful and unable to join the market. The sad thing is that they will not inform the people who work for them. They will just make them wait for something that will never happen. The reason I mentioned this is that the coins earned will be converted to bitcoin before turning it to cash so it only makes sense that its one of the disadvantage. We just keep on trying until we were able to have a successful ICO. :-)

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Hafamot

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:53:16 PM

Bitcoin disadvantage is the fluctuation in the currency and might be hacked if proper care is not taken but the advent of TOR by Deeponion have prevent and safe guard members investment.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:14:52 PM

Bitcoin disadvantage is the fluctuation in the currency and might be hacked if proper care is not taken but the advent of TOR by Deeponion have prevent and safe guard members investment.

I beg to differ because the fluctuations can be either and advantage or a disadvantage depending on which side it fluctuates and for a longer time it has always appreciated and pushed towards growth and so it doesn't make it a disadvantage in any way. About hacking bitcoin, unless you don't understand how the blockchain functions you might be tempted to believe it can easily be hacked so i will urge you to read on in the forum as there are so many beautiful threads to get you started.
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:54:39 AM

Not everyone trades In in Bitcoins. Secondly it's prices keep on fluctuatining. Thirdly the waiting time on transactions, also turns down people. Plus the concept of Bitcoin as a payment is difficult to understand for everyone.
This sums it all. Kudos to Juggy777. Prices fluctuating may be an advantage and disadvantage to you, depending on your current situation. And the concept is really hard, even for weeks of reviews i can't understand much. Maybe i need someone to explain it to me personally than reading it through internet.
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:57:28 AM

In this very moment Bitcoin's fees are so high that even Western Union is cheaper than Bitcoin Cheesy So basically either Bitcoin will solve its problems of scalability or as a currency it is doomed.

laracastvue

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:00:19 AM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

Some of the countries said that the crime rate is increasing because of cryptocurrency and i do not really think that this is possible because, there are a lot of people who are already committing crimes when bitcoins is not yet existing, they are just creating black propaganda to reduce the investors because their business is being affected.
odakorlina

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:15:09 AM

I think the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin the fact that it is not accepted in other countries and people still not knowing about it. Also bitcoin is still at its infancy stage with incomplete features that are in development and volality mainly that there is limited amount of coins and demand for them increases by each passing day.
sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:29:00 AM

For me the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin is that it is not legalized on some country. Other say that there's a possibility that someday bitcoin will be gone and you can't get the money that you hold on your account. Other store did not accept bitcoin as payment so for me that is also the disadvantage of it
baydewant96

Activity: 141

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

I think every thing must have advantages and disadvantages, for example bitcoin ... bitcoin does provide a lot of advantages for the bitcoiners but behind the bitcoin advantage there is a disadvantage when using bitcoin. As we know in many countries still have not been able to declare the existence of bitcoin for some reason, for example my country, indonesia. Then because of the difficulty of tracking transactions with bitcoin, bitcoin is often used to perform illegal activities

Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:16:54 PM

The aspects of Bitcoin that would need to be changed for rapid mainstream adoption are not necessarily the ones that I'd like to see being changed.

For example, Bitcoin is a pseudonymous currency. In my view this is a plus. But it would be even better if it were a truly anonymous currency, making financial surveillance by the ruling authoritarians impossible. That however isn't improving the prospect of mainstream adoption, because the governmental control freaks like to do surveillance and will harass and threaten corporations and individuals who do not comply.

So mainstream adoption at all costs is definitely not a desirable goal if it means that Bitcoin's core values are surrendered in the process.

Instead of starting the 1000th altcoin clone, consider contributing to Bitcoin Core if you really have some competence. We don't need yet another premine scam.

ya.ya.yo!

Well, of course not everybody is willing to accept change. Bitcoin has been circulating just for a few years. People don't have confidence yet to what can it do since this is new to many. Also, bitcoin  is still unstable its fluctuations always change that's why a lot of people are still skeptic of it.
Jerzzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:19:08 PM

Transaction speed is too slow and I had to wait for long time to purchase things.So transaction speed should be accelerate.Bitcoin has no physical form it's also a bad side of it.And since bitcoin is uncontrollable so illegal activities are always happening.For this bitcoin is not yet accepted to many country.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:23:20 PM

Transaction speed is too slow and I had to wait for long time to purchase things.So transaction speed should be accelerate.Bitcoin has no physical form it's also a bad side of it.And since bitcoin is uncontrollable so illegal activities are always happening.For this bitcoin is not yet accepted to many country.

The transaction speed is based on our fee so if we use high fee then our transaction will get faster now,and people are transferring to segwits so it may helps us little bit to faster our transaction.
Bitcoin is actually virtual currency so it will ne ver can have physical structure and it may not be a big disadvantage it is just a future technology.
Bitcoin is anonymous but we can't blame bitcoin for illegal activities that is the work of governments.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: