Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76698 times)
ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:56:50 PM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
The biggest dis advantage of using bitcoin is when the site got hacked and you can't even get your bitcoin back on you payment is will be in soon and if you are going to improve one make sure that it can be use to any merchants not only merchants but we cna use it as card as well like my country we are using our bitcoin as virtual card.
Well I don't suppose that this is caused by bitcoin itself, it's just because you choose the wrong sites to make transactions. But I think that this has lead to other serious problems and the most significant one is that people have the same thought with you. They all assume that bitcoin is somehow a way to spend money for nothing because it always takes away their money. And they won't accept the idea that this issue is not because of bitcoin so they try to stop the growth of bitcoin. This results in merchants can't have bitcoin as a way of payment.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:08:44 PM

Disadvantage of Bitcoin is that blockchain doesn't support many simutaneously transactions without the needed of increase the fee a lot. When many people start using Bitcoins on the world, it will be a serious problem, many transactions at same time will be inevitable, so people will have to pay high fees all day long? For me it's the main disadvantage of Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:41:02 PM

There are two big disadvantages at bitcoin, one is connected to the high security, thats the time till the confirmations period, this is the general complain or issue that people would like to had some kind of solution. The other one is that bitcoin is being exposed deeply as dark currencie and well people does call it dark money and connected just to ilegal activities, till the day bitcoin clean its image this will always be the big problem around bitcoin.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:52:11 PM

There are two big disadvantages at bitcoin, one is connected to the high security, thats the time till the confirmations period, this is the general complain or issue that people would like to had some kind of solution. The other one is that bitcoin is being exposed deeply as dark currencie and well people does call it dark money and connected just to ilegal activities, till the day bitcoin clean its image this will always be the big problem around bitcoin.
Yup the time it needs to reflect on to another wallet takes too much time. Maybe because of the huge increase of transactions per day that's why is now takes longer to process. For people who are not in rush to have Bitcoin than you won't notice that it takes a lot of time. Also let it be of they call Bitcoin a dark currency, they are the kind of people who only knows one side of the story.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 05:46:39 PM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
The big disadvantage in Bitcoin is only its configuration system which always disturb us some time deeply .
Allover I think nothing in Bitcoin that can be bad or can be consider as an disadvantage of Bitcoin .

For sure it is every one transaction problem not only in bitcoin, so to make things clear bitcoin is not a burden to every users except to that one which is common though.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1344
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 06:01:19 PM

I think the only disadvantage of bitcoin right now is the transaction size.. and the speed of the transaction it is not actually instantly it takes minutes before you receive or if you are pay a small amount it takes few hours or days.. The other thing for me is fine only the transaction is my problem because sometimes im halving problem pending transactions..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:01:33 AM

I think the only disadvantage of bitcoin right now is the transaction size.. and the speed of the transaction it is not actually instantly it takes minutes before you receive or if you are pay a small amount it takes few hours or days.. The other thing for me is fine only the transaction is my problem because sometimes im halving problem pending transactions..

I agree, it is really a hassle if we really need that bitcoin right now. Even if we pay some big fees it still takes time to confirmed our transaction. Other than that bitcoin is still the best currency for me. I wish in the future the transaction will be faster and many shops will accept is payment.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:13:47 AM

I agree, it is really a hassle if we really need that bitcoin right now. Even if we pay some big fees it still takes time to confirmed our transaction. Other than that bitcoin is still the best currency for me. I wish in the future the transaction will be faster and many shops will accept is payment.

You can always switch to using other coins. It's much quicker if you use other coins but if you're going to cash out the money, you would most probably end up converting it into bitcoins first in an exchanger and then send the bitcoins to your bitcoin wallet. That requires much more actions than sending using bitcoins alone.

I think you should always save some coins in your wallet so you don't get pressured when you need some money. Just like you said, sometimes the transactions takes much more time than it usually does.

If you pay higher fees, your transaction gets prioritized and if it still takes time to get it confirmed, then surely the network was really slow at that time. Otherwise, paying higher fees will always shorten the transaction time.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

d@nte

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:18:29 PM

I think the accepting of botcoins by the stores, i think they are still limited. Theres this store that i know of and my friend has bitcoin though she said that they are not accepting bitcoin, we must first change it to real money.
This is a problem to be solved, but it is something that happens over time. When this happens, there will be a large number of users, but first there are problems that must be solved regarding the network, because Bitcoin needs to scale more efficiently.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:11:35 PM

I think the accepting of botcoins by the stores, i think they are still limited. Theres this store that i know of and my friend has bitcoin though she said that they are not accepting bitcoin, we must first change it to real money.
There's a lot of money transactions to convert your money and those legit transactions. Go and ask of well knowledgeable people on how to convert your digital currency into fiat currency. Maybe you asked a wrong person and he/she wasn't computer literate and they don't what is inside of bitcoin. Don't ignore the bitcoin because as time goes by, they will get more benefits in digital currency.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:17:03 PM

Disadvantage of Bitcoin is that blockchain doesn't support many simutaneously transactions without the needed of increase the fee a lot. When many people start using Bitcoins on the world, it will be a serious problem, many transactions at same time will be inevitable, so people will have to pay high fees all day long? For me it's the main disadvantage of Bitcoin.
i think blockchain support transaction on normal fee, but it take a little more time and when you increase the transaction fee the transaction become fast, i agree with you that this problem must be solve on time.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 05:20:43 PM

If thr store owner is your friend Try to educate him/her about bitcoin. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of bitcoin. And let the owner deside if bitcoin will have a positive impact on his/her store.

If bitcoin was accepted on his/her store i think people in your city will start getting curious and start finding a way on how can they start using bitcoins, And in future bitcoin can be famous in you place
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 08:16:09 AM

The big disadvantage in Bitcoin is only its configuration system which always disturb us some time deeply .
Allover I think nothing in Bitcoin that can be bad or can be consider as an disadvantage of Bitcoin .

I guess bitcoin there is nothing to worry about bitcoin, no bad to consider or disadvantages for that. Bitcoin is the best Digital Currency currently available.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 08:20:32 AM

I don't see any. Maybe at the beginning needed some time and attention to learn in which way is used but for the rest none. Even the fact that is digital money is overcome from being used through the debit cards. So is the same like the other money. As for the fact that is not used widely this maybe come from the fact that is not official money.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 08:54:28 AM

The time taken for confirmation message for a transaction is more.

It is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 09:38:02 AM

The time taken for confirmation message for a transaction is more.

It is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin

In my point of view bitcoin this is not the biggest disadvantages because it just a trouble problem that the mostly caused by too many spammning transactions doing by someone.
But at least you can avoid this by additional some fees of bitcoin transactions.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 09:40:15 AM

I don't see any. Maybe at the beginning needed some time and attention to learn in which way is used but for the rest none. Even the fact that is digital money is overcome from being used through the debit cards. So is the same like the other money. As for the fact that is not used widely this maybe come from the fact that is not official money.
Yeah I have the same thinking with you. I do not see any important disadvantage of bitcoin. Although the transaction time is litle bit long, but the transaction is world widely. Bitcoin transaction still faster than bank transfer that costly and difficult for transferring money in different bank.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:04:17 AM

Lol bitcoin has become a real money dude you can exchange it for any money, because bitcoin have rate. problems encountered bitcoin is bitcoin not too well known so there's still a bit adopter in bitcoin, and bitcoin was not widely accepted cause, so bepatient dude bitcoin will become increasingly popular and you can buy anything with bitcoin in the future
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:13:36 AM

Yeah I have the same thinking with you. I do not see any important disadvantage of bitcoin. Although the transaction time is litle bit long, but the transaction is world widely. Bitcoin transaction still faster than bank transfer that costly and difficult for transferring money in different bank.

I agree! Though we could really say that now a days the transactions requires  time unlike before an hour or 2 before yyou received it but all in all it is faster than other transactions. But  sooner or later they could fix that. All in all i dont see any problems or disadvantage of bitcoin eversince.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 12:04:03 PM

i see the question as "What Would You Like If I where making  a new blockchain" anyway i would like if it has a offchain transaction system for blockchain-to-blockchain users so people do not have to pay tax and also the new vertion of the blockchain is rediculeas its not supported on the lower devices and its not that user friendly/flexible like the previous version was
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: