Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:38:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76708 times)
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 12:49:12 PM

I don't see any. Maybe at the beginning needed some time and attention to learn in which way is used but for the rest none. Even the fact that is digital money is overcome from being used through the debit cards. So is the same like the other money. As for the fact that is not used widely this maybe come from the fact that is not official money.
Yeah I have the same thinking with you. I do not see any important disadvantage of bitcoin. Although the transaction time is litle bit long, but the transaction is world widely. Bitcoin transaction still faster than bank transfer that costly and difficult for transferring money in different bank.

I agree! Though we could really say that now a days the transactions requires  time unlike before an hour or 2 before yyou received it but all in all it is faster than other transactions. But  sooner or later they could fix that. All in all i dont see any problems or disadvantage of bitcoin eversince.
may not matter to you but it will be a problem when you're in need of a quick transaction. such a precarious state and you want bitcoin was quickly accepted while very long confirmation
how do you solve this. is it bitcoin famous for cheap and fast transaction
Paninotech

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 12:59:04 PM

long confirmation times and inability to reverse mistakes
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:29:36 PM

The inability to reverse your payment is just a disadvantage to the people that are careless. Once you send the payment, that's it. Before you click the "Send" button, make sure that you have input the correct details. To me, that's actually an advantage of bitcoin. When you received the coins, you can sleep at night without worrying about your buyer trying to revert back his payment.

Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:51:38 AM

The inability to reverse your payment is just a disadvantage to the people that are careless. Once you send the payment, that's it. Before you click the "Send" button, make sure that you have input the correct details. To me, that's actually an advantage of bitcoin. When you received the coins, you can sleep at night without worrying about your buyer trying to revert back his payment.
I know once we adopted we are already understand how the system works, and since it is decentralized, nobody would handle the complaints but ourselves. Being careful is the responsibility of every users and doing it will make us stay longer here.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:54:44 PM

You can only blame yourself for doing such stupid mistake while sending funds online. inability to reverse mistakes only happens to someone just like you who does not have the ability to read and check carefully before confirming something.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:36:34 AM

I don't see any. Maybe at the beginning needed some time and attention to learn in which way is used but for the rest none. Even the fact that is digital money is overcome from being used through the debit cards. So is the same like the other money. As for the fact that is not used widely this maybe come from the fact that is not official money.
Yeah I have the same thinking with you. I do not see any important disadvantage of bitcoin. Although the transaction time is litle bit long, but the transaction is world widely. Bitcoin transaction still faster than bank transfer that costly and difficult for transferring money in different bank.

I agree! Though we could really say that now a days the transactions requires  time unlike before an hour or 2 before yyou received it but all in all it is faster than other transactions. But  sooner or later they could fix that. All in all i dont see any problems or disadvantage of bitcoin eversince.
may not matter to you but it will be a problem when you're in need of a quick transaction. such a precarious state and you want bitcoin was quickly accepted while very long confirmation
how do you solve this. is it bitcoin famous for cheap and fast transaction
Yup before all transaction will be done in very fast it takes only a few minutes to complete, but recently it's taking too much time to confirm our transaction. For me once it takes 20+ hours to deposit money. So my opinion also same improve the transaction time, I don't know for what purpose they increased this transaction time, but as soon as possible please reduce this time it will help for many players. 
Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:51:22 AM

You can only blame yourself for doing such stupid mistake while sending funds online. inability to reverse mistakes only happens to someone just like you who does not have the ability to read and check carefully before confirming something.
Some could make a mistakes once but we must be careful for the next time, further the non reversible  transaction could also be a disadvantage to some but for the majority it is one of the advantage of using bitcoin. That is the security that once we receive the funds after every completion of transaction, we are secured enough that it will not be taken again from us.

genos

Activity: 574

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:08:42 AM

You should make sure that the amount correctly before you sent  bitcoin and you that problem will not happen to you. Input the amount more thoroughly dude.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:07:44 AM

Probably this question is for government and bank, becouse for us as costumer, bitcoin is full of advantage. But for them bitcoin is really hard to trace and out of their control.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:34:12 AM

The biggest problem with bitcoin in my opinion is that every single transaction is available to anyone to see if they want to, that makes bitcoin very vulnerable to algorithms trying to link bitcoins with an identity.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:53:03 AM

The biggest problem with bitcoin in my opinion is that every single transaction is available to anyone to see if they want to, that makes bitcoin very vulnerable to algorithms trying to link bitcoins with an identity.

But seeing an address and a transaction is just normal in blockchain technology. That's the way how bitcoin transaction how it goes, I guess it is much better rather than our names will be needed for each transactions and it can be seen by anyone. So I think this is not a big problem with bitcoin as other alt coins are also doing this.
Well if you are really into securing your Bitcoin you can create a new Bitcoin address anytime. The purpose of seeing all transactions in Blockchain is for transparency and nothing more than that. A simple solution you can do anytime and anywhere. Also linking you with a Bitcoin address is not that bad if you are not clumsy on protecting your Bitcoin account.
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:00:31 AM

Bitcoin isn't anonymous by design, and that's a good thing! We want every transaction to be public information. That's the beauty of it. A technology like this could quite literally kill so much corruption in governments, corporations, and people.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:20:33 AM

Bitcoin isn't anonymous by design, and that's a good thing! We want every transaction to be public information. That's the beauty of it. A technology like this could quite literally kill so much corruption in governments, corporations, and people.
that's true , but a transaction that made as public information could lead into something like a hacking? phising? . bitcoin need to be more established before can go far like that. the only concern that most people feel are when we have to wait quite long time for a transaction to be confirmed, now imagine if you used it offline?

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:14:57 PM

I agree! Though we could really say that now a days the transactions requires  time unlike before an hour or 2 before yyou received it but all in all it is faster than other transactions. But  sooner or later they could fix that. All in all i dont see any problems or disadvantage of bitcoin eversince.
but i think we cannot consider it as an disadvantage, i think it is a problem and that can be solved. i don't seen any disadvantage in bitcoin. it is alright and nothing is wrong there in bitcoin.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:45:45 PM

The biggest disadvantages from bitcoin in my opinion is still vulnerable hack and bitcoin is always used for the negative activities. That is seems to me that the weakness of bitcoin makes someone difficult to believe with bitcoin. That is one of the things that could prevent bitcoin to be accepted as payment. In addition, many scam it will affect my opinion. If bitcoin can be overcome, I believe bitcoin will be accepted as payment.
Akichan304

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:01:34 PM

Wallets can be lost! If a hard drive crashes, or a virus corrupts data , and the wallet file is corrupted, or been hacked. Bitcoins have essentially been lost. There is nothing that can done to recover it. You can not complain to anyone and no one solved for you, it is horrifying!
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:07:39 PM

but i think we cannot consider it as an disadvantage, i think it is a problem and that can be solved. i don't seen any disadvantage in bitcoin. it is alright and nothing is wrong there in bitcoin.
Confirmation times is not really a big problem on bitcoin and i think it cant really be solved since bitcoins adoption is increasing and expected transaction would increase too on which makes the more blocks the more time it would confirm unless you are paying high fees on each transactions.The thing i could see about disadvantage on bitcoin is its anonymity which give some positive and the same time it does have negative too.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:43:45 AM

Confirmation times is not really a big problem on bitcoin and i think it cant really be solved since bitcoins adoption is increasing and expected transaction would increase too on which makes the more blocks the more time it would confirm unless you are paying high fees on each transactions.The thing i could see about disadvantage on bitcoin is its anonymity which give some positive and the same time it does have negative too.
Maybe we have to get used to it, but it's not the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin as you can still have a faster transaction when you chooses to make a big fees. The network is busy now due to the increasing adoption and people loves to transact when the price is increasing.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:31:26 AM

I agree! Though we could really say that now a days the transactions requires  time unlike before an hour or 2 before yyou received it but all in all it is faster than other transactions. But  sooner or later they could fix that. All in all i dont see any problems or disadvantage of bitcoin eversince.
Maybe we have to get used to it, but it's not the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin as you can still have a faster transaction when you chooses to make a big fees. The network is busy now due to the increasing adoption and people loves to transact when the price is increasing.

For me the biggest advantages of bitcoin is for those who doesn't knew about it because opportunity missed them a lot if they still don't knew how important bitcoin is for our lives. And if talking advantages for us who already knew this i think there were only minimal of it due to its fastest transaction online and easy to convert to fiat currency of online wallet. That disadvantages will be lessen because more will be adopting btc soon as demand keeps rising of bitcoin economy which many user buy bitcoin for good purposes.

bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:22:26 AM

I think the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin is the internet connection. Once you don't have a data connection in the internet we cannot earn bitcoin, and if ever you have an internet which you can monitor what is going in the update about it, the fluctuation is the next problem into or transaction in bitcoin in any exchange sites.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: