Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:26:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we need more LTC pools ASAP!!  (Read 575 times)
WeTradeCoins (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 09:56:38 PM

Atm , the current Net hashrate is : 5765.5MH/s 

From that, 

2364.9  MH/s is on Coinotron
 1714.19 MH/s is on notroll and
 1109.26 MH/s is on give me ltc

that is 90% OF ALL CURRENT hashpower in three pools. Are you feeling really secure about this?

I think more LTc pools must pop up, so the power is spread and the network is more secured. Also atm is so easy to trigger a DDoS attack on the network, all they have to do is simply attack those 3 pools and they take down more than 90% of the network...

We opened a new LTC Pool just yesterday, and we already hashing at 75+ Mhses/s but even after 24h still not even a single block... So either the people will stick up and keep trying or they will simply abandon the pool "to join the big players", making those pools even more stronger and leave even less space for the network to expand in a healthy way.

Give new pools a chance peeps! if you do eventually you will mine the exact number of LTCs you were at the first place, but at the same time not ALL THE HASHING POWER of the network would be in 3 pools only, securing that way LTC as a whole and allowing it to expand.

For those interested, our pool is www.WeMineLTC.com and you are more than welcomed to come and see what we have to offer!! From PPLNS to full stratum with DDoS protection, and our server is a Xeon Server with 64GB RAM, RAID SSD drives, and 1Gbit Connection full dedicated...

Thanks for reading!

www.WeMineLTC.com   0% FEE |   PPLNS  |   SSL  |   STRATUM  |  FULL DDoS PROTECTION LTC POOL!!
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:09:48 PM

Atm , the current Net hashrate is : 5765.5MH/s 

From that, 

2364.9  MH/s is on Coinotron
 1714.19 MH/s is on notroll and
 1109.26 MH/s is on give me ltc

that is 90% OF ALL CURRENT hashpower in three pools. Are you feeling really secure about this?

I think more LTc pools must pop up, so the power is spread and the network is more secured. Also atm is so easy to trigger a DDoS attack on the network, all they have to do is simply attack those 3 pools and they take down more than 90% of the network...

We opened a new LTC Pool just yesterday, and we already hashing at 75+ Mhses/s but even after 24h still not even a single block... So either the people will stick up and keep trying or they will simply abandon the pool "to join the big players", making those pools even more stronger and leave even less space for the network to expand in a healthy way.

Give new pools a chance peeps! if you do eventually you will mine the exact number of LTCs you were at the first place, but at the same time not ALL THE HASHING POWER of the network would be in 3 pools only, securing that way LTC as a whole and allowing it to expand.

For those interested, our pool is www.WeMineLTC.com and you are more than welcomed to come and see what we have to offer!! From PPLNS to full stratum with DDoS protection, and our server is a Xeon Server with 64GB RAM, RAID SSD drives, and 1Gbit Connection full dedicated...

Thanks for reading!
Can't expect people to go and put thousands of daily dollars in your hands when you come from nowhere 2 weeks ago registered and then cry for more after 2 days. What did you expect? People to jump ship from pools that served them well go in a pool that comes from who knows who?

Wait, it will grow naturally, give-me-ltc literally started in the troll box 3 weeks ago when there was less than 400people in the troll box. And after 3 days had less than 2%.

Sorry, this isnt helping.... Maybe after 2 weeks. For now, don't hope for 10% of the network with a new id.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:34:16 PM

I've only ever mined p2pool.org because of the other pools getting DoS'd. Don't want to waste 8hrs of mining energy to find out the pool has been down all night
Soak

Activity: 213

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:48:50 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 11:08:35 PM by Soak

What is the pool efficiency? That's very important. For exemple, on notroll.in it's 98.37% efficiency so we get 98.37% of the reward. This is the biggest problem with unknown pools, they are often bad configured and a lot of shares are lost (or they cheat I don't know).

For the fact, I given a try to a p2pool 0% fee (r00t3d), and I mined 0.80 LTC in 12 hours, since I mine 2 or 3 LTC on troll.in in the same window of time.
ebildude123

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:01:49 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169341.0  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: