Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:45:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WatchMine (beta) - Mobile website for mining pool stats and bitcoin prices  (Read 10291 times)
eturnerx (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 12:38:06 PM

BTCGuild support has just gone live. Will work on Bitclockers tomorrow.
Nice work!  Any chance of getting more details like the "Rate" as you do with BTCMine?  Or # active miners?  Anything that can help tell at-a-glance if things are working as expected would be far more helpful than just the balance.  Thanks again!
Looking over the BTCGuild JSON feed and I can add up the hashrates of all the workers and report that. It has a bit of a lag-time before BTCGuild lowers that number but it's still useful. I'll also remove the unconfirmed item and replace it with payout. The badge will look like the one for BTCMine.
Give me 24 hours to implement - time for bed now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 12:49:23 PM

Where is the gain in adding add yet another layer which may fail? Running metapool as webservice is nonsense. Better is to provide small local proxy which can run directly on miners - and I'm not talking about existing php&mysql beast, but simple python/ruby script.
Wrong thread?
If not then, I guess the short answer is that WatchMine is intended to run on mobile devices for when the miner-operator is away from their rigs.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 05:38:04 PM

Where is the gain in adding add yet another layer which may fail? Running metapool as webservice is nonsense. Better is to provide small local proxy which can run directly on miners - and I'm not talking about existing php&mysql beast, but simple python/ruby script.
Wrong thread?
If not then, I guess the short answer is that WatchMine is intended to run on mobile devices for when the miner-operator is away from their rigs.

OMG, yes, wrong thread :-). I'm sorry, guys Wink.

ananas5

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 05:37:36 AM

It would be great to have this pool included: https://www.bitcoins.lc/
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:22:18 AM

Ohhh I was using something else but this looks much better.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 10:48:35 AM

Nice.

Bookmarked; tip sent.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:00:28 PM

Exactly 'what' part of your work is copyright? As a jQuery programmer, I couldn't help but notice that this is just 2 jQuery includes by very talented duded. Maybe next time you want to make something, don't be worried about someone 'stealing it' when it's already been... borrowed.   Cheesy
I'm glad you like my work. Obviously I cannot claim copyright over jQuery or jqTouch and I imply no such claim. What I can (and do) claim copyright over is the code that I have written and the screen layouts that I've produced for WatchMine. This includes WatchMine's html, javascript and CSS. And yes, in every country whose IP law I've examined copyright is valid for computer code and screen layouts.
I wish I could be less worried about people stealing my work - but it wouldn't be the first time. The legal advice I have is to assert my rights from the beginning.

It's good to meet a fellow jQuery programmer... it's great isn't it!
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:01:31 PM

Nice.

Bookmarked; tip sent.
Thanks for the tip! If there's any feature you'd like implemented just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:05:16 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2011, 03:41:03 PM by eturnerx

Sure. Added to my list feature list. I have a couple of things I've promised to do first but should have this mining pool added within 48 hours.

EDIT: this pool does not yet offer JSON data that I can consume. I'll wait until they have that implemented first. I'll look again in a week or so.
(I considered writing an HTML scraper, but I'm not happy with the privacy implications of taking username/password details that I'd need from users to make that work)
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 03:00:46 PM

BTCGuild support has just gone live. Will work on Bitclockers tomorrow.
Nice work!  Any chance of getting more details like the "Rate" as you do with BTCMine?  Or # active miners?  Anything that can help tell at-a-glance if things are working as expected would be far more helpful than just the balance.  Thanks again!
The BTC Guild badge now reports the rate and total paid out - just like the BTCMine badge.
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 03:16:05 PM

..snip..

If I were you though, I'd take into consideration the fact that most cellphone users won't want to type out your current URL. You ARE planning on getting a top level domain I presume?

Niger domains cost about $300/year but I can't help but think that would solve the length issue and trademark issue in one fail swoop. ^_^

Watchmi.ne

As you can see, I'm into using the TLDs as part of the name whenever possible to assist with branding. I'm also very comfortable and used to purchasing foreign TLDs as I have have had many businesses in Korea.

Let me know if you need any assistance sometime. I'd be happy to see what me and my crew can do for you and I wouldn't mind including a version of your app in our eyeOS webtop application store for our social network.

Peace!
I'm quite comfortable with the IP advice I already have. Thanks for offering your opinion. The code I have written (beyond the FOSS libraries I build upon) is copyrightable. The name is not trademarkable in my jurisdiction because it is two common words - I'm already considering changing the name before I come out of beta for this reason. Nothing in WatchMine (currently) is novel enough to qualify for a patent in my jurisdiction.

I could be interested in a domain later. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll keep it in mind for when I come out of beta.

Any chance of a demo view of the EyeOS webtop app store social network thingy? I have a passing interest in such things. More than happy to sign any reasonable NDA.
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:59:33 AM

A Notice to Watchmine users
Due the recent thefts of bitcoins, the release of a bitcoin Trojan and the hacking of MtGox I would just like to re-assure WatchMine users that their data is safe.

WatchMine does not store any user data so there is nothing for hackers to steal. WatchMine temporarily uses your mining pool apikeys to access data on your behalf – but these apikeys are not stored and cannot be used for anything other than read only access to your mining pool statistics. There is no database backend to WatchMine that can be compromised.

In order to protect WatchMine users further, I will be further hardening WatchMine’s security. Other planned features (except urgent bug fixes) will be on hold until this is complete.

I take your security and privacy very seriously. Please PM me if you have any concerns.
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:46:40 PM

Sure. Added to my list feature list. I have a couple of things I've promised to do first but should have this mining pool added within 48 hours.

EDIT: this pool does not yet offer JSON data that I can consume. I'll wait until they have that implemented first. I'll look again in a week or so.
(I considered writing an HTML scraper, but I'm not happy with the privacy implications of taking username/password details that I'd need from users to make that work)

Hi there Smiley

There is now JSON data: https://www.bitcoins.lc/stats.json and https://www.bitcoins.lc/rounds.json

Can you use that?

Cheers!

PS: are you a kiwi?

eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:59:11 PM

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately that JSON data is for the whole pool and is not the "per user" data WatchMine normally deals with. Therefore I cannot use it for now. Later I intend to add badges for overall pool stats.

Yes, I'm a Kiwi. You?
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:02:46 PM

OK then, it would have been nice to simply see how long each round is taking Wink

They will have an API key working soon where you can get individual stats _b

PS: Yip sure am, happy to see NZ people around these parts  Grin

stellan0r

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Medical Translations for Bitcoins

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 12:03:21 PM

nice app! web-apps are the future I guess.. will work on iPhone (and Android?) without the need for the app store.

and lol @ slush ^^

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
If you want to send a thank you: BTC "1PZJvKvarRviQRQWejpvXW2j4e1xbT8MZb"
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 01:48:25 PM

nice app! web-apps are the future I guess.. will work on iPhone (and Android?) without the need for the app store.
Thanks for your intereste! Yes. WatchMine works on Android 2.2 - I tested on my wife's phone.
XIU

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 11:01:08 PM

Nice site, is it possible to reorder the entries? The Edit page only seems to let me remove items Sad
UniverseMan

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 04:20:11 AM

This looks great!

Can you add support for BitcoinPool and Eligius?
BitcoinPool stats: https://www.bitcoinpool.com/user.php?u=<username>&json=1
Eligius stats: http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/3/balances.json
That latter page shows a list of all user information, formatted as
"<wallet ID>":{"balance":####,"oldest":####,"newest":####},
eturnerx (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 06:25:06 PM

Nice site, is it possible to reorder the entries? The Edit page only seems to let me remove items Sad
Support for re-arranging entries is high on the priority list. Since the mtgox hack I've been working more on hardening the server-side code and changing the client to make it more secure instead.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: