Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 09:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another ASIC company[Could be a scam?]  (Read 27333 times)
Aristotle

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:34:35 AM

Count me in for one of the first people to review an ASIC. Just to be clear, it would be the AR10 for $2649.00, right?
GPU Rigs

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 03:38:35 PM

Thank you John K.

Thank you to those who have also requested to be one of the first 5 to get one of our ASIC devices when they are ready to ship and do a review on them, we really appreciate it.

We have heard back from our chip manufacturer today however, they have not given us a solid date for when these chips will be ready to utilize fully, we are currently trying to get more information so that we can set a timeline for people wanting to order our products and lay rest to claims we are a scam company.

At the same time, we are also looking to source chips from a potential other provider (as a backup) should our current provider not be able to give us a definite timeframe for when these chips will be ready.

Thanks again for all the questions, comments and feedback we are getting about our ASIC Rigs line of mining devices, we honestly didn't expect that for a product we have not officially launched yet, there would be this much interest! We (as well as you) are anxiously awaiting news on when we can finally fulfill orders and be able to ship this range of ASIC mining devices out, as always, once I have more news to post, I will do so in this thread.

In addition, those of you who have emailed over the past 24 hours, you should now have replies to your queries.

skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:52:29 PM

I am in for an order using an escrow for trial. Plus if it happens, it will be the first ever ASIC in India and that will be a huge rep++ for you! There is a growing community here but nothing to buy, be it FPGAs, let alone ASICs.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 11:51:09 PM

I have added the link to this chain on the Scam Alert panel 

Thank you GPU Rigs for the clarification and information as to your current status. Ill change your status on my other thread to "awaiting shipping" status.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:24:05 AM

Thank you John K.

Thank you to those who have also requested to be one of the first 5 to get one of our ASIC devices when they are ready to ship and do a review on them, we really appreciate it.

We have heard back from our chip manufacturer today however, they have not given us a solid date for when these chips will be ready to utilize fully, we are currently trying to get more information so that we can set a timeline for people wanting to order our products and lay rest to claims we are a scam company.

At the same time, we are also looking to source chips from a potential other provider (as a backup) should our current provider not be able to give us a definite timeframe for when these chips will be ready.

Thanks again for all the questions, comments and feedback we are getting about our ASIC Rigs line of mining devices, we honestly didn't expect that for a product we have not officially launched yet, there would be this much interest! We (as well as you) are anxiously awaiting news on when we can finally fulfill orders and be able to ship this range of ASIC mining devices out, as always, once I have more news to post, I will do so in this thread.

In addition, those of you who have emailed over the past 24 hours, you should now have replies to your queries.

No problems, I would be happy to buy one myself to test (and write a review too) depending on when you're able to ship.   Wink
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:24:25 PM

Bah,I should be first to do a review since I did technically find the site.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 12:18:01 PM

This might be an interesting deal since 949$ for 20 GH/s isn't too bad Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hei_

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:45:12 PM

this is 1000% legit. i ordered 5!

not
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 02:28:46 PM

http://www.asicrigs.com/
interests me, would be nice if legit Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
GPU Rigs

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:39:07 PM

this is 1000% legit. i ordered 5!

No, you haven't as we aren't accepting orders on them just yet.

Please don't post mis-information about our company.

not
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:53:13 PM

GPU Rigs, care to explain why your ASIC site has images taken from Butterfly Labs just like the scam site at the beginning of this thread?

Archival: http://puu.sh/2DbXO.jpg http://puu.sh/2DbYJ.jpg http://puu.sh/2DbZi.jpg http://www.asicrigs.com/2.png http://www.butterflylabs.com/upload/homepage/header.jpg

You even appear to have done image manipulation to try and make the most obvious signs of copying less apparent, which makes things more problematic than if you were just reusing images.

Here's my amateur analysis of the image. Red marks things that are present in both images, and black marks things that were apparently deemed too obvious to the naked eye and edited out, including the rather slipshod attempt at covering up the BFL logo, the tiling is easily apparent and I've placed black dots to mark each tile.

Reusing images: PR slip-up.
Reusing images and editing them beyond just removal of the BFL logo to try and make it hard for anyone to tell that they're reused: Weird.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:21:56 PM

Everyone just stop with these accusations. He agreed to ship the first five ASICs to five forum members (yes I'm first on the list) using escrow by John. Furthermore they are not taking pre-orders.

Of course they could be lying, but there is no obvious way they can scam (short of shipping me a product that breaks after 2 days Tongue) so how about we'll lave them be until they decide to start shipping? Good things come to those who wait.
BTC-Joe

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:20:43 AM

Gotta love this whole guilty till proven innocent vibe going on here. All speculation and not one fact.

- Why do you care about the phone number? Are you including a phone number each time you send/receive bitcoins? NO? Then stfu.

- Why do you think that the address of the business must also be a manufacturing facility? What kind of asinine logic is that?? Seriously...most businesses that manufacture a product separate their office/administrative buildings and their actual factories. OR they outsource. Genius...pure genius.

- If you are so afraid of losing your precious "bitcoins" or real money, perhaps you should just duck out of this whole thing and go stick with your 9-5. Put your wallet on a floppy disk and tell your friends how coinrich you are, as you chill in your parent's living room.

- If you are not comfortable taking chances, doing YOUR OWN due diligence and making sensible choices then you're definitely playing the wrong game.

I'm so glad that the people in this thread can't vote otherwise their respective country would be on a slow and steady demise...oh...wait...nevermind...

These idiots don't seem to realize that their inane "scam hunting" is fueling the stigma of bitcoins. Many people who hear about bitcoins automatically assume they are a ponzi scheme because so much of the community is full people who thing "free and open" has to fit into their narrow, ignorant world view.
mr-sk

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:48:06 PM

Gotta love this whole guilty till proven innocent vibe going on here. All speculation and not one fact.

- Why do you care about the phone number? Are you including a phone number each time you send/receive bitcoins? NO? Then stfu.

- Why do you think that the address of the business must also be a manufacturing facility? What kind of asinine logic is that?? Seriously...most businesses that manufacture a product separate their office/administrative buildings and their actual factories. OR they outsource. Genius...pure genius.

- If you are so afraid of losing your precious "bitcoins" or real money, perhaps you should just duck out of this whole thing and go stick with your 9-5. Put your wallet on a floppy disk and tell your friends how coinrich you are, as you chill in your parent's living room.

- If you are not comfortable taking chances, doing YOUR OWN due diligence and making sensible choices then you're definitely playing the wrong game.

I'm so glad that the people in this thread can't vote otherwise their respective country would be on a slow and steady demise...oh...wait...nevermind...

These idiots don't seem to realize that their inane "scam hunting" is fueling the stigma of bitcoins. Many people who hear about bitcoins automatically assume they are a ponzi scheme because so much of the community is full people who thing "free and open" has to fit into their narrow, ignorant world view.

4:20 must be getting to you bro. You're a moron. How much money you have tied up with BFL?
This company is even worse - blatant rip off - website says they are "shipping and in stock" haha...wtf is wrong with you.

Telegram
BTC-Joe

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:30:20 AM

4:20 must be getting to you bro. You're a moron. How much money you have tied up with BFL?
This company is even worse - blatant rip off - website says they are "shipping and in stock" haha...wtf is wrong with you.

Wait, did you order one and NOT receive your order or are you just pulling this assumption out of your ass?

No, you did not order anything.

This company's product uses the same external case that the BFL website advertises - must be a blatant rip off...because there is NO WAY that the BFL and this guy source their cases from the same chinese manufacturer.

The ONLY reason a thread like this should appear on this website is if someone actually orders one and does not receive it - and we both know that is not the case.

mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:07:44 PM

Hi,
Site sais: "In Stock And Ready To Ship"

In reality they don't even have ICs.

Why would a new company in a difficult market like this outright lie about such an important thing?
Why should this community trust a company that deliberately lies about their current capability to deliver a product?

BTC-Joe

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:12:20 PM

Hi,

Why would a new company in a difficult market like this outright lie about such an important thing?

How do you know they don't have ICs? Did you VERIFY this by attempting to place an order or are you simply jumping on the bandwagon of morons making baseless assumptions?

I KNOW you did not order anything so you cannot claim they are "lying" because you have never dealt with them.

Why should this community trust a company that deliberately lies about their current capability to deliver a product?

Speak for yourself bro...you don't represent this community any more than a turd represents success.

After you have place an order and do not received it within the time frame they state, AND they refuse to issue you a refund...only then would you have a reason (not a right, a reason) to come here and participate in this thread. Short of that, neither you nor anyone else has a basis for saying anything negative about them.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:54:51 PM

Hi,

How do you know they don't have ICs? Did you VERIFY this by attempting to place an order or are you simply jumping on the bandwagon of morons making baseless assumptions?

I KNOW you did not order anything so you cannot claim they are "lying" because you have never dealt with them.

I'm pretty sure they have nothing yet because they tell told us.

A prototype of what? Right now our primary focus is sourcing working ASIC chips that do what they are supposed to, we have not even started the build out process for the final rigs because until we have working chips, anything else we can 'show' will just be that, for show and not actually worth the pixels it would be presented online in.

Does this mean "In Stock And Ready To Ship"? I don't think so.

On their website they say: "With our first batch of mining rigs currently scheduled for production ASIC Rigs aims to be one of the first companies to deliver our products on-time, at a price that will suit most budgets of professional bitcoin miners."

But they said here they need to source them. Which means they haven't got a clue if there are chips scheduled anywhere. They are looking for them.
So that's another LIE btw.

Anyway, you go ahead and invest. It was your money.
GPU Rigs

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 04:15:14 AM

For the record, we have never said that our ASIC Rigs product line are in stock or ready to ship. Anyone that has told you otherwise are flat-out lying to you... Period.

Your quote is from the 'about us' section of our website, if you had bothered to look at the VERY FIRST section of text on the site you would have read the following...

The compact sleek designs, powerful hashing powers and easy to use interfaces make the ASIC Rigs range of bitcoin mining devices attractive to BTC miners around the globe. Manufactured using high grade ASIC chipsets and top-of-the-line materials, our first batch of powerful ASIC mining devices are currently scheduled for production with initial customer shipping estimated to take place in June 2013 for devices ordered before May 1st 2013.

As you can clearly see, we are not promising dates, we are not even promising if orders come in that we can currently deliver, all we are doing is telling people what we are working with timeframe wise based on the current status of our chips, as an estimate so people can judge whether they want to use an alternate provider and tie their funds up or, wait until we are ready to go live with our product line.

For the record, I have personally stated several times on this very forum that we are not ready to ship products yet, because right now we have no physical products on hand to ship, due to delays with the chip provider.

I totally get the need for people to be cautious about their money, but this really is just beating a dead horse, everything that keeps getting asked has already been answered and there is nothing else I can say right now other than what has already said, as much as I would like to be able to say yes, on 27th May we will have 200 units, until we get chips (that work to spec) and are actually able to start the production process, I can't and I would be flat out lying at this point in time if i were to give you a solid date for shipping or when we will have the rigs on hand to even sell.

As to why our model mock-ups on the site look similar to the BFL range, yes, they do, as I have mentioned before (in this very thread I believe) they are mock-ups of what we are anticipating the final product to look like, that may change, it may not. We want our product line to look like others in the marketplace, right now all the talk is about the BFL line of miners so yes, that is what we are planning on modeling our range on look wise. This may change as the market changes, it also may not.

I do know that we are currently in the process of sourcing cases for the units that look exactly like the images on our site so the chances are, they will look exactly like they do on the website (although I believe dimensions may be slightly different) at the current time, once we find out how easy or difficult it is to source, create and construct these cases we (as a company) will have a much better idea of how the final product may or may not look and at that time, we will be able to let our potential customers know and change our mock-up images to better reflect the overall product line.

Again, thanks to everyone for allowing me the opportunity to address your questions and concerns about our ASIC Rigs product line, even though, again as mentioned before, these aren't even products we are actively promoting as yet (see signature if you are interested in GPU Rigs that can ship within 7-10 days of order).
GPU Rigs

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 04:21:13 AM

Hi,

I'm pretty sure they have nothing yet because they tell told us.

A prototype of what? Right now our primary focus is sourcing working ASIC chips that do what they are supposed to, we have not even started the build out process for the final rigs because until we have working chips, anything else we can 'show' will just be that, for show and not actually worth the pixels it would be presented online in.

Does this mean "In Stock And Ready To Ship"? I don't think so.

On their website they say: "With our first batch of mining rigs currently scheduled for production ASIC Rigs aims to be one of the first companies to deliver our products on-time, at a price that will suit most budgets of professional bitcoin miners."

But they said here they need to source them. Which means they haven't got a clue if there are chips scheduled anywhere. They are looking for them.
So that's another LIE btw.

Anyway, you go ahead and invest. It was your money.

What I actually said was we need to source chips that actually do what they are supposed to.

Meaning our current provider, that we are presently working with, has had several delays in getting us chips that are up to specification... Our specification, not theirs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: