Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:42:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another ASIC company[Could be a scam?]  (Read 27333 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:37:09 PM

ya they every where be careful .. don't give your hard earn bitcoin away for some vapor ware

They've actually sent round a recent mail shot stating they have confirmed contract with a chip manufacturer so are now accepting pre-orders, despite the fact thy have always accepted pre-orders.

They've also stated they will not be letting anyone visit, aside those they pre-agreed. I was one of those people. They've told me nothing more about it.

100% scam with a mailing list of email addys to work through.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
vandan

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:18:25 AM

I hope nobody falls for this. Bitcoin doesn't need another asic scam.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:42:53 AM

I hope nobody falls for this. Bitcoin doesn't need another asic scam.

Apparently the scammers think we need a new one every week... Roll Eyes

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:11:21 PM

Pahahaha, yeah whaaaaaatever!

Wednesday 22nd May, 2013.
 For Immediate Release.

ASIC Rigs, a privately owned and operated bitcoin mining device company, is pleased to announce that we have received, tested and confirmed that our stylish AR2 bitcoin minning device works to specification and is on track for completion by the middle of July 2013.

In addition, it has further been decided that effective immediately, given the results we have seen from the device tested in-house, ASIC Rigs will be withdrawing all of their asic mining devices from the open market place and concentrating our efforts on in-house asic mining only for the immediate future. What this mean in laymans terms is that we will no longer be selling our ASIC Rigs mining devices to the general public and our website will reflect this change shortly.

"With the hash rates we have seen from our testing device, coupled with the fact that bitcoin values appear to have stablized, as a company we would be remiss of us not to seize the opportunity to utilize this technology for our own purposes" says the company founder and ceo.

Despite withdrawing our ASIC Rigs mining products from the open market, the company remains strong in their efforts to support the general bitcoin mining community and will offer customers who have already paid for their ASIC Rigs mining device the option of order fulfillment as originally planned or, a full refund of their payment.

We appreciate all of the support we have received over the past few months as we have been working to source, construct and fulfill interest in our product lines and would like to thank those of you whom have stood steadfast behind our company, despite much speculation from several individuals within the mining community as to the integrity of our company, with your continued support we look forward to growing as a company and the future growth of bitcoin as a viable alternative to standardized currency.

Please direct all requests for further information by email to support@asicrigs.com or see our Facebook page for more information on our company over the coming months.

ASIC Rigs
http://www.asicrigs.com/
 support@asicrigs.com

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:13:32 PM

Followed by this interesting exchange on their Facebook page:

Some Facebook User: You basically financed your own mining operation by fraudulently selling pre-orders and then pulled the plug to run your own huge mining op which will then allow you to pay back your pre-order quasi-customers. great job.
22 May at 21:19 · Like · 1

ASIC Rigs Response: ASIC Rigs - Bitcoin Mining Rigs Did you pre-order a unit from us? I'm guessing you didn't because the 4 individuals that did had no issues at all with us keeping the devices in-house and fulfilling their orders.

If you wanted one of our devices you could have easily pre-ordered just like the four individuals and had one shipped on schedule, you didn't though, now you decide that you want a unit when it is too late.

Sorry. Companies change position on things all the time, we are doing what is best to build our company, right now, given all the responses that we are a 'scam' company and we don't actually have any devices at all, it seems now we have working devices that we want to use ourselves and are pulling open market orders, we're still not able to please people.

It is unfortunate you were not able to pre-order over the last few weeks, for that we apologize however, those that did take us up on the offer will have their devices shipped as promised and, those customers have no issues with what we are doing because they had the foresight to get their orders placed.

Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:17:01 PM

How could you guys not trust this? They are unrivalled!

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:33:54 PM

And also a BFL clone design LOL!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:08:01 PM

How could you guys not trust this? They are unrivalled!

Unravelled more like! Grin

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 07:16:35 PM

Google: "145-157 ST JOHN STREET" (with quotes)

And you'll even find this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173316.0
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 12:55:31 AM

So roughly $750 for HD cards, a few hundred for mobo, case, power.  Not a lot of profit in if if not a scam.  This is a quick assumption of the GR1 (800MH/s).  Cheaper and more efficient to purchase the parts and skip the $100 shipping. 

This sounds a lot more like a group building rigs for mining based on current available hardware and accepting bitcoins.

Just my opinion.

That is exactly what we are doing with our GPU Rigs.

It is unfortunate that new business in the bitcoin mining industry are being instantly labeled as scam artists based on past experiences individuals have had with other companies but honestly, this was expected. I just hope that over time we can show that we are not here to scam anyone and that we can earn the trust of the mining community.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, however, your company:

Has blatantly ripped off images on both sites (and GXMINING.COM, which seems linked to you also) of Butterfly Labs devices

Has not shown a shred of proof of anything you claim, can you provide a photo or evidence of a prototype? Anything?

Can you provide an explanation for both of these issues?

If not I don't think you will be leaving "It's an obvious scam" world anytime soon.  You are correct in many new companies being labeled a scam, and that is because most of them are. It is very hard to tell at the moment who is real and who is not. I am not targeting your company directly or on purpose, only presenting evidence found so far that makes it seem like it is. If you are legit then I am happy to remove you from my other thread as a scam site: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176262.msg1835276#msg1835276, but you must provide proof of such or words are just that.

True, a home address as a business address is not uncommon, however for a hardware manufacturer it is.

We have not blatantly ripped off anything thank you. We are building our ASIC systems based on what is currently, considered to be the popular look and feel of them, hence it is showing a mockup of a device similar in size and quality of a BFL mining system with a brushed aluminium look.

A prototype of what? Right now our primary focus is sourcing working ASIC chips that do what they are supposed to, we have not even started the build out process for the final rigs because until we have working chips, anything else we can 'show' will just be that, for show and not actually worth the pixels it would be presented online in.

Again, we are not manufacturing these chips ourselves, we're using a semiconductor company based in the United States (On Semiconductors) to manufacture the chips, once we have access to proven, reliable chips, the manufacturing process will begin... Right now we are not even promoting our ASIC rigs instead we are focusing on promoting our existing GPU building business model or are you saying we are unable to build GPU miners and have those shipped out to customers that order them?

I am personally slightly confused as to what we are actually being accused of scammers for? The fact we are looking for a viable, working source of ASIC chips to produce affordable miners? Or that we are able to produce GPU based mining systems? Or that we have 2 websites that look similar to each other, only one of which we are actually promoting presently? Or that our company is registered to our owners residential address? Or just the fact that hopefully, in a few months time we will be able to start selling and shipping ASIC devices once they are available?

I mean sure, if you can backup your claims we are scammers, by all means do so, until then, as I mentioned in my response above, it just seems like a case of once bitten twice shy, by a community of individuals who may have (or may not if BFL ship) been scammed before, which personally neither I nor the company owner can fault, we haven't solicited any people to pre-order and in fact in a thread yesterday on this very forum, I suggested that someone asking about ordering wait until I knew what the actual shipping date for our ASIC models would be.

piss off and die you scamming twat! No prototype? still sourcing ASIC chips? Your shite site clearly says that devices and in hand and ready to ship.

You my scummy friend are a bloody liar if not a scammer so shut your smelly lying mouth!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: