Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin7 a new exchange  (Read 20797 times)
digimag

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:01:42 PM

Pot calling the kettle black ?

What exactly are you classing as "computer science" ?

I see nothing that is true computer science. Information technology, yes, but not computer science.
You sir are right, it is not computer science, just information technology.

I hope, sir, you've understood my message in spite of my inadequate vocabulary.

17opQsbw8873x4PTwzvacEjNR2a59mSxoT
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chucksta

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:12:20 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2011, 09:26:52 PM by Chucksta

I've just signed up... nice interface, and sensible transaction prices <gives TradeHill the evil eye>
Calavera

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:54:29 AM

As we couldn't identify on time if the payment was correct or not we had to reverse these transactions in order to defend the seller of the BTC.

Hang on, I'm not sure that I understand this correctly.  You credited an account with a certain amount of $ based on a report from one of your payment processors.  You then cleared the $ for a purchase order of BTC on your exchange, and this order was filled.  You then reversed this transaction because you realised that the payment processor hadn't actually cleared the funds.

My problem with this is that it's your responsibility to ensure that funds you allow onto the exchange are cleared, not the end user's.  If you let the funds on to the exchange then you're responsible for them.  You should not have reversed the transactions.  You should have covered the $ yourselves if the deposit turned out to be fraudulent.  I would see this responsibility as one of the core features of an exchange, otherwise it's just a glorified bulletin board. 

Am I wrong here?
Chucksta

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:43:19 AM

As we couldn't identify on time if the payment was correct or not we had to reverse these transactions in order to defend the seller of the BTC.

Hang on, I'm not sure that I understand this correctly.  You credited an account with a certain amount of $ based on a report from one of your payment processors.  You then cleared the $ for a purchase order of BTC on your exchange, and this order was filled.  You then reversed this transaction because you realised that the payment processor hadn't actually cleared the funds.

My problem with this is that it's your responsibility to ensure that funds you allow onto the exchange are cleared, not the end user's.  If you let the funds on to the exchange then you're responsible for them.  You should not have reversed the transactions.  You should have covered the $ yourselves if the deposit turned out to be fraudulent.  I would see this responsibility as one of the core features of an exchange, otherwise it's just a glorified bulletin board. 

Am I wrong here?

+1

sonba

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:12:06 PM

Am I wrong here?

+1

+1
Folax

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:10:49 AM

As far as I can tell, the EU cashouts are free of charge, and this makes B7 more interesting than the other exchanges, where a cashout to SEPA zone is insanely pricey.

My GF thinks I'm useless, if you think otherwise and can proof it to her, please do so and donate:
14wG6u2bAD9q1nLmLL9MST1ZzbTE9Pt8nG
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 07:19:18 PM

made a transaction on this site yesterday, deposited 25 eur with direct bank transfer & it showed up instant, 3% fee is a bit high but acceptable.

Very pleased with this exchanger so far.
sceptre

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 09:08:21 AM

As far as I can tell, the EU cashouts are free of charge, and this makes B7 more interesting than the other exchanges, where a cashout to SEPA zone is insanely pricey.
Where do you see that?
This page: https://bitcoin7.com/index.php?show=withdraw_funds
states: EU Bank Transfer   FIBank (EU)   EUR bank transfer to EU bank   12-22 EUR

Which is insane for an EU2EU transfer and means that I am not trading there.
Or did I miss something?
iBug

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 12:14:33 PM

EU Bank Transfer   FIBank (EU)   EUR bank transfer to EU bank   12-22 EUR

Or did I miss something?

Indeed, that seems really overpriced.
And that's why I contacted them, together with some other question.
Here's their explanation to the high EU bank transfer fee:

"The fees are so big because there is a 10 EUR SWIFT tax. Other than that the taxes are - to 500 EUR - 2 EUR tax, from 500 up - 0.12% from the sum (minimum 12 EUR)"

Can anybody confirm that there's such a tax in Bulgaria ?

If it's the case, then it's not Bitcoin7's fault. Then they should consider cooperating with a different bank ... EU <-> EU bank transfers in € are mostly free (if the provided IBAN & BIC/SWIFT codes of the destination account are correct).
Calavera

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 12:40:58 PM

http://news.guide-bulgaria.com/News.aspx?9269=10%_tax_on_all_bank_transactions_to_offshore_zones

Regardless of whether it's their "fault", from our perspective it's still a fee they charge that another exchange won't.
sonba

Activity: 395

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 07:14:39 PM

On a seperate note - every EU country/EU bank has to offer SEPA for the same price as transfers within the country. Hence, I kind of doubt that Bulgaria takes a tax on that? Might be the case, of course, but that this should not only be for SEPA but also for Bulgarian internal transfers.
dr.bitcoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:11:06 AM

Bitcoin is nice, but Dwolla and Liberty Reserve withdrawals don't work ("delayed"  Grin ) for a while now...
ananas5

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 07:27:22 AM

I was about to buy some cheap coins from here so I transferred money from my LR account. Almost 3 hours later all the cheap coins are sold and I still can't see my funds. Great.  Angry

...and as usual, no response from customer service even though I sent an email over an hour ago. How this reminds me of MtGox. Yeah, maybe I'm being unpatient but it still pisses me off that estimates are always incorrect in a negative way.
jkminkov (OP)

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 12:56:43 PM

EU Bank Transfer   FIBank (EU)   EUR bank transfer to EU bank   12-22 EUR

Or did I miss something?

Indeed, that seems really overpriced.
And that's why I contacted them, together with some other question.
Here's their explanation to the high EU bank transfer fee:

"The fees are so big because there is a 10 EUR SWIFT tax. Other than that the taxes are - to 500 EUR - 2 EUR tax, from 500 up - 0.12% from the sum (minimum 12 EUR)"

Can anybody confirm that there's such a tax in Bulgaria ?

If it's the case, then it's not Bitcoin7's fault. Then they should consider cooperating with a different bank ... EU <-> EU bank transfers in € are mostly free (if the provided IBAN & BIC/SWIFT codes of the destination account are correct).

http://fibank.bg/uploads/Docs_download/Tariff.pdf

on page 60

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
iBug

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 04:14:07 PM

Ok, thanks.
But there's no way I can read this, and I don't want to copy the text over to translate it. So there actually is a 10 € SWIFT fee (+ additional fee depending on the amount) for bank transfers out of Bulgaria ?

A European Bitcoin exchange with a EU bank account is a great alternative to TradeHill and Mt. Gox for the European traders ... but that fee makes the smaller trades and withdraws really expensive  Embarrassed
elements

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 04:33:55 PM

They simply need to open an account in one of the Euro participating countries.
For example in Greece - it's only about 300 km south of Sofia.
Then the problem should be solved. They really should know that (high fee) is a complete no-go within the EU!

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
jkminkov (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:19:53 AM

They simply need to open an account in one of the Euro participating countries.
For example in Greece - it's only about 300 km south of Sofia.
Then the problem should be solved. They really should know that (high fee) is a complete no-go within the EU!

I don't think opening an account in a bankrupt country is a good idea in this very moment...

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 12:11:29 PM

I can't seem to find a place to input my btc address. I deposited money with Dwolla, I made a buy, now I wanna remove the BTC but I can't. There's no place for me to put my address.  (unless I'm blind to it)

How did you do it duffy?

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
jkminkov (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 02:35:20 PM

https://bitcoin7.com/index.php?show=withdraw_bitcoins

PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 04:02:36 PM

Thanks.

I'm a dummy.  Well, mostly a dummy. I blame firefox.

You see, the "label" for the receive address is called "address" and firefox pre-populates all fields labeled "address" with my email address associated with a domain root name.  Sigh.

I didn't think anything of it. It says Address. In my humble opinion, to avoid other dummies like me from getting confuzzled, the html should be changed to call it "Your Bitcoin Address" (like the software does), and the label too.

I see they don't have the for="" filled out. Tsk tsk.

Code:
<div class="row">
  <div class="text"><label for="">Address:</label></div>
  <div class="field"><input type="text" name="address" value="" size="25" /></div>
</div>

valid html should be the following....
Code:
<div class="row">
  <div class="text"><label for="btc_address">Your Bitcoin Address:</label></div>
  <div class="field"><input type="text" name="btc_address" value="" size="25" /></div>
</div>

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: