Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:54:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Capitalize On The Bitcoin Frenzy WITHOUT The Risk  (Read 4555 times)
Fiery Winds

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:52:31 AM

If there were guaranteed profits of 300-500%, people would be doing it themselves and not giving the profits back to you.

Don't say people didn't warn you.

While nothing is guaranteed, this is a very shortsighted view and plain ignorant way to look at things.

"doing it themselves"

...Is not an option period.  Traders need speed and liquidity.  And lenders need a intermediary to protect their loan with margin requirements and position liquidations if necessary.

Bitfinex simply provides the platform for doing that.

The reason for such high loan rates right now is because there is high demand and few loans.  As soon as more loans enter the system then the opportunity decreases.  

As with all investments, those who recognize value first get the biggest advantage.

There's no way this opportunity will continue forever.  

So why not get a real loan in the real world and then lend it out on Bitfinex? You'd make a shedload of cash, especially if you kept quiet about it keeping the interest rate high since d > s?

Right? I mean that's what I would do if I didn't believe this site would eventuallt make off with your cash

That is a very doable arbitrage play right now.  Do it.

I've maxed out my father's credit card to buy my bitcoins. Hopefully I'll make enough money that he won't get mad when his bill comes at the end of the month

Please tell me you're joking...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sage (OP)

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:02:06 AM

If there were guaranteed profits of 300-500%, people would be doing it themselves and not giving the profits back to you.

While nothing is guaranteed, this is a very shortsighted view and plain ignorant way to look at things.

"doing it themselves"

...Is not an option period.  Traders need speed and liquidity.  And lenders need a intermediary to protect their loan with margin requirements and position liquidations if necessary.

The reason for such high loan rates right now is because there is high demand and few loans.  As soon as more loans enter the system then the opportunity decreases.  

As with all investments, those who recognize value first get the biggest advantage.

So why not get a real loan in the real world and then lend it out on Bitfinex? You'd make a shedload of cash, especially if you kept quiet about it keeping the interest rate high since d > s?

Right? I mean that's what I would do if I didn't believe this site would eventuallt make off with your cash

I've maxed out my father's credit card to buy my bitcoins. Hopefully I'll make enough money that he won't get mad when his bill comes at the end of the month

Completely irresponsible and wrong bet you made.  Lucky for you you'll win this one if you sell before May 6th, and you got in below 145.  Don't let that win embolden you to do it again. 
HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:02:32 AM

Don't forget to take out a 2nd mortgage on your dads house, might be able to turn $50k into $500k and then your dad will be happy.
essem

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:38:35 AM

"doing it themselves"

Completely irresponsible and wrong bet you made.  Lucky for you you'll win this one if you sell before May 6th, and you got in below 145.  Don't let that win embolden you to do it again. 

Relax my friend, I am incredibly risk averse and only went into bitcoin because I had this feeling it was a winner. Sometimes you gotta learn to trust your instincts
Sage (OP)

Activity: 632

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:41:37 AM

"doing it themselves"

Relax my friend, I am incredibly risk averse and only went into bitcoin because I had this feeling it was a winner. Sometimes you gotta learn to trust your instincts

"Had a feeling"... famous last words. 

Trade on your own credit card with your "feelings".

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 09:05:33 AM

Posts like these makes me feel we are close to topping. What a irresponsible, greed fueled decision...

Edit: I mean the post about maxing his father's creditcard.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
giarc

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:31:50 AM

Posts like these makes me feel we are close to topping. What a irresponsible, greed fueled decision...

Edit: I mean the post about maxing his father's creditcard.

Surely he's trolling, he cant be serious.

If anything I've said is vaguely useful feel free to show your appreciation
btc: 1MfMjYXnHkGyRSE9f14XJsmxruuiVreEDh
bte: 8dH3WNre8DPyuj3oCFFNetTtVMXygs59t8
essem

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:40:47 AM

I'm not but lets get back to pointing and laughing at the OP
MrJMassey

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:02:05 PM

"doing it themselves"

What's special about May 6th?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:21:32 PM

Your risk isn't the market or trader risk, your risk is a possible hack.  But because you're holding fiat in the system, and not Bitcoins it would be very hard for the hacker to move that fiat out of the system. 

No Fiat on any exchange is safe, if its a exchange all fiat can be converted to BTC, Bitfinex has a API connection to GOX, so all fiat could be moved to BTC and then withdrawn. This is a possibility perhaps?
Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:40:36 PM

Coinlab opens
MrJMassey

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:13:14 PM

Coinlab opens

Ok, remember, I'm admitting I'm the new guy so be gentle.  But why is Coinlab opening, and thus in theory bringing more fiat currency to the market through supposed ease of use, bad for his play?  It seems to me that he would want to acquire more and stay long in that case.

What am I missing or lacking in understanding?

J.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 11:23:33 PM

Coinlab opens

Ok, remember, I'm admitting I'm the new guy so be gentle.  But why is Coinlab opening, and thus in theory bringing more fiat currency to the market through supposed ease of use, bad for his play?  It seems to me that he would want to acquire more and stay long in that case.

J.

Perhaps it is the uncertainty of how smoothly the transfer will go.

Remember, MtGox drops $30 in a few minutes based on a bit of lag. If the transfer caused a few hour/days crash...good bye rally.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
im3w1l

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:05:11 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 10:31:17 PM by im3w1l

Lent at 760% yearly for 8 days. I sure hope I will not have to regret this.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 12:19:25 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 10:42:01 PM by Elwar

Lent at 760% yearly for 8 days. I sure hope I will not have to regret this.

Your only risk is that the site owner disappears with your money.

But when I checked there was over $600k being lent out. It appears that the site is making money so more than likely the long term gains of having a good company that makes money is better than stealing everyone's money then trying to hide out from the legal ramifications.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
shamntalk

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

BTC

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:32:15 AM

Don't forget to take out a 2nd mortgage on your dads house, might be able to turn $50k into $500k and then your dad will be happy.

hahahah that's brilliant! Good idea!  Grin
MrJMassey

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:23:41 AM

Coinlab opens

J.

Perhaps it is the uncertainty of how smoothly the transfer will go.

Remember, MtGox drops $30 in a few minutes based on a bit of lag. If the transfer caused a few hour/days crash...good bye rally.

I see... then I will begin working to have some cash available to buy the dip then..  Thanks for the heads up, now I can be more prepared.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:17:59 AM

coinlab already transferred some of the big gox customers and all is smooth and everything does work. why would official opening date have any problems?

i am satoshi
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:39:15 AM

wonder what happened to this guy?

also, i thought the title was ironic... Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: