Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:03:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attacks on altcoins say Bitcoiners are on their merry way to becoming banksters  (Read 657 times)
HiveLibrary (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:03:31 AM

Thank you and good bye.

This place is not worth my time.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:33:20 AM

peace out

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
stdset

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:42:27 AM

If you mean threads about attacking LTC, please don't get us, people who don't like LTC, wrong.

LTC is a special case. It is the only coin, among slightly tweaked versions of BTC, which is successfull at the moment.
LTC brought nothing new. No new ideas, no solutions to some problems. Only tweaks. And even those tweaks were adopted from other altcoins (which are dead already).

Let the best currency win. But this is not about litecoin.

HiveLibrary (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:57:13 AM

The structural bias view is that litecoin changed some constants, the hash algorithm, and brought nothing new, therefore it is worthless.
The social bias view is that it increased participation and accessibility to people who do not want to depend on trickle droppings from early adopters.

The structural bias view is that if it's not new it should not exist. Competition is paid lip service publicly and privately despised.
The social bias view is that new is unfamiliar and similarity improves understanding. Competition is tolerated publicly and privately is a necessary evil.

In other words, haters gonna hate.

I might hang around to debate the strengths of either coin, but I don't expect much from the bitcoin community.
You guys have had plenty of time to create an industrial base and industrial solutions. You did zippidydoodah.

Litecoiners are much more likely to build than to hide from the collapse (80% of which is lack of guts and mutual support). The monetary fraud is just the iceberg. Failing to support each other is the drunk captain of the Titanic.

The economy is failing not because it is manipulated, but because it is weak.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: