Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reaper vs CGMiner - 7950x4  (Read 5559 times)
Peleus (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:15:28 AM

Hey all,

I've always used CGMiner in the past for my 6950, but I've heard that reaper may be better for the 7 series cards. I'm setting up my new mining rig tonight and I'm wondering if anyone could share their experiences as to whether there is much of a difference between the two miners.

I'll probably end up mucking around with both, but if the community consensus is that one is significantly better I get to spend my time fine tuning one rather than evaluating two.

Cheers.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elchorizo

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:24:32 AM

Everyone has different opinions and results.

Reaper works marginally better (2% or so) for me based on kh/s -- but gets less errors and work stoppages/resets then cgminer. So I prefer reaper (dual 7950's).

I prefer the syntax and tweakability of cgminer over reaper -- but since reaper is faster and generates more shares, I use it.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: