Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:59:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we get buisness such as amazon to accept bit coin?  (Read 1413 times)
strunberg (OP)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 04:35:43 AM

I'm wondering how do we get business such as Amazon to accept bit coin?
Do we go to them,or do they come to us?

If we don't get a big business on board to accept bit coin, I'm afraid bit coin is doomed at the end of the day.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:38:13 AM

Prove that it's cheaper. And that it's stable.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
freespirit

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:46:34 AM

Create a bitcoin-only competitor to Amazon capable of putting Amazon out of business. Grin
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:17:54 AM

I'd love it if Amazon accepted bitcoins but it is not really that important, at least right now.

Bitcoins future might not be as a currency we use for everyday transactions but as an inflation-proof store of money, kind of like gold, only better.

MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:41:25 PM

create a list of companies you want to accept bitcoins - have a bunch of people in the forum send them an email asking if or when they will accept bitcoins.

I bet at least one will take it on and with that news, others will follow.
Neverest

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:45:27 PM

If Amazon wanted Bitcoins, they'd started their own cryptocurrency... They already have a larger userbase.

But to answer your question: it needs stability, for a long time. While being volatile BTC is an investment and not a currency. No seller of tangible goods should accept volatile currency as they need to pay their suppliers in real money. No buyer will use it as either the item is overpriced or he will get buyer (BTC sellers) remorse. Stability is needed to restore/gain trust.
nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:27:06 PM

Create a bitcoin-only competitor to Amazon capable of putting Amazon out of business. Grin

Help us get there!

www.coingig.com

Ekaros

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:42:35 PM

By using Bitcoin. They'll realise they're late to the party soon enough.

So how long will it take for them to be late?

I mean unless they are losing a lot of bussiness because they haven't adopted bitcoin, they aren't really late. And then they also need suppliers to use bitcoin...

Neverest

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:49:13 PM

I mean unless they are losing a lot of bussiness because they haven't adopted bitcoin, they aren't really late. And then they also need suppliers to use bitcoin...

As I said above: as long as it is volatile, it won't be used as currency. Electronics retailers only make a few% profit nowadays. They can't take the risk of even a minor 10-20% drop in value as they need to pay the suppliers. Same for the suppliers. Owning a store and selling things is a whole different thing compared to investing in volatile currency or stocks.
When is the last time you went to the Apple store and tried to buy a mac with an APPL share?
Only shops that have either obscene mark-ups (glasses!) or shops that sell digital goods can take the risk, but even they will need to pay their employees in cold hard cash.
Ekaros

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:57:42 PM

As I said above: as long as it is volatile, it won't be used as currency. Electronics retailers only make a few% profit nowadays. They can't take the risk of even a minor 10-20% drop in value as they need to pay the suppliers. Same for the suppliers. Owning a store and selling things is a whole different thing compared to investing in volatile currency or stocks.
When is the last time you went to the Apple store and tried to buy a mac with an APPL share?
Only shops that have either obscene mark-ups (glasses!) or shops that sell digital goods can take the risk, but even they will need to pay their employees in cold hard cash.

Digital goods also depend on their contracts. Those products aren't really free either if you aren't one owning them. Either you have to buy them at wholesale price or you are an agent and even then I believe there is some minimum prices to be observed...

Neverest

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:25:54 PM

Digital goods also depend on their contracts. Those products aren't really free either if you aren't one owning them. Either you have to buy them at wholesale price or you are an agent and even then I believe there is some minimum prices to be observed...

Correct. I was referring to easily duplicated products (digital), but as you pointed out this can't include certain items like copyrighted music etc, as you cannot force an artist to accept the risk. So this leaves us with privately produced eBooks, private image-licensing etc. Still even these items are not for free, the photographer still needs to replace his camera every few years etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: