Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:13:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] dedicated CPU mining servers  (Read 2986 times)
CrownCloud (OP)

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:09:14 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 02:20:21 PM by CrownCloud

Hey Guys,
This is an idea I've been thinking/experimenting about for a bit now, I'm pretty sure most with GPU rigs won't care much but just as a thought, would you be interested in a dedicated CPU mining server ?

Now, how this works is this,

You basically buy cores on the server, $10 (2.56 LTC) would get you 2 Cores which would yield about 30 Khash/sec,
On which you could mine LTC/XPM/*Coin

Now,
This is an experimental idea, speeds may vary BUT you will get the cores you buy assigned and dedicated to you only.

You could mine any coin with this[/b], it would come with Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS installed by default ontop of which you could install your desired CPU miner.

Would you be interested in this if it were offered ?

So, Lets put it this way,

Would mining any other coin interest you ?

Update :

Seems to be enough interest, I can launch this now, BUT, To all those who signup, signup at their own risk, I will not "repay" if you get a loss, it is upto you to decide which coin to mine which gets you the best value, I will not "guarantee" any hash rate, what I will guarantee is,
-> 2 cores dedicated to you and you only.
-> maintain uptime so that you can hash 24/7

CrownCloud - Internet Services
Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
http://crowncloud.net/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:53:15 AM

Consider me intrigued. When are you thinking of getting this running? How many CPUs per person? How long does $10 give one ownership to a CPU?
elvisrene

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:01:21 AM

looks cool keep us informed
rhombus_77

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:03:23 AM

interested
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:09:03 AM

Sounds good. You might even consider to sell weekly cpu/shares or LTC-khs shares on a cryptoexchange.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:14:47 AM

can i have honor to name your service?

CPUmax.

Grin

CrownCloud (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:48:39 AM

Consider me intrigued. When are you thinking of getting this running? How many CPUs per person? How long does $10 give one ownership to a CPU?

If I get 4 people to join, I can get it started within 24 hours. 2 Cores dedicated per Person and the whole CPU has 8 cores, so about 4 people per server. $10 gives you ownership for a month (1 Month)

Sounds good. You might even consider to sell weekly cpu/shares or LTC-khs shares on a cryptoexchange.

I could, but I'd like to offer this for now, this way people can mine any coin they want Wink

can i have honor to name your service?

CPUmax.

Grin

haha sounds good Wink

Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:01:38 AM

don't pull a pirate, though.

CrownCloud (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:12:00 AM

don't pull a pirate, though.

Never. This was a idea which poped up in my head this morning, I ran a few calc's around, compared a few Xeon CPUs and came up with this value.

Worst case,
If the 2 cores are not able to pump out enough, I'll make 1 large LTC miner and divide the amount by the % people own and then pay people the % of the LTC mined.

ie, make shares out of the LTC paid and then distribute the LTC according to how much each share accounts for.

Deslock Darkstar

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 08:49:40 AM

This IS an interesting concept. Keep us posted.

http://christopherleedavis.com · https://www.facebook.com/IllicitUnderground
BTC: 1MeAZefdSQNX3soHUx4iSjAtERvvrxGCVj - LTC: LLpEVtvTZ3g9nqM7CK7EdT6ydAL6RhkRy3
bcdvojka

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:22:11 AM

Im interested aswell.
refaelsh

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:28:28 AM

Count Me in. Extremely interested.
CrownCloud (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:28:56 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 09:52:43 AM by CrownCloud

Thanks for all the interest guys, the only thing that worries me at this point is,

Worst case,
If the 2 cores are not able to pump out enough, I'll make 1 large LTC miner and divide the amount by the % people own and then pay people the % of the LTC mined.

ie, make shares out of the LTC paid and then distribute the LTC according to how much each share accounts for.

I don't mind making the large miner and then splitting the shares according to how much people own. It's just that what if the CPU can't throw out enough hashes (It should but what if) :/

A CPU close to this comes in around ~ 42 Khash/sec

30 days   6.15883549 LTC   0.15588013 BTC   26.24 USD

So, I have a feeling mining LTC on this would be kinda down to the wire (very very close to the price of the share itself)

So, Lets put it this way,

Would mining any other coin interest you on the same thing ?

(of course at the end of the day you can always mine LTC without any worry, your profits may not be much though)

kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:32:20 PM

Ok, step on the brakes for a sec.
So, I pay you 2.56 LTC for 2 "cores" that will be available to me for a month, those CPU's will run 24/7.
So at the end of the "lease time" I get my part of the LTC (which will be more than the 2.56 LTC I paid you).

I am interested, if you clearify it a bit to me Wink
bob777fred

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:37:45 PM

Interested in this as well, but I have a quick, odd question. If you could run these machines for 24/7, wouldn't it benefit YOU more to run them and not rent them out? Not that I wouldn't be ok with renting them and making some profit, don't get me wrong, but it just seems you'll make more if you just ran them. Sorry for being cynical =P
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:42:21 PM

Interested in this as well, but I have a quick, odd question. If you could run these machines for 24/7, wouldn't it benefit YOU more to run them and not rent them out?

This.  OP is essentially selling $17 for $10.  Either OP is generous and foolish or OP believes the trade is a good one.  $0 for $10 is a very good trade for one party ...
CrownCloud (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:45:36 PM

So, I pay you 2.56 LTC for 2 "cores" that will be available to me for a month, those CPU's will run 24/7.
So at the end of the "lease time" I get my part of the LTC (which will be more than the 2.56 LTC I paid you).

Yes, the 2 cores will be dedicated to you and you can max them out 24/7 and mine any coin you want.

No, I cannot guarantee you that your income at the end of the month will be more than 2.56 LTC, the difficulty could double or increase drastically which would make the number of coins mined with this naturally lesser.

Interested in this as well, but I have a quick, odd question. If you could run these machines for 24/7, wouldn't it benefit YOU more to run them and not rent them out? Not that I wouldn't be ok with renting them and making some profit, don't get me wrong, but it just seems you'll make more if you just ran them. Sorry for being cynical =P

(reply merged below)

Interested in this as well, but I have a quick, odd question. If you could run these machines for 24/7, wouldn't it benefit YOU more to run them and not rent them out?

This.  OP is essentially selling $17 for $10.  Either OP is generous and foolish or OP believes the trade is a good one.  $0 for $10 is a very good trade for one party ...

It's not for certain its going to be $17 at the end of the month, it can be more, it can be much lesser, what I posted earlier was just a rough calculation, everything depends on which coin you're mining and how much that coin is worth and ofcourse the changes in difficulty and exchange rates.

Lets put it this way, The market fluctuates too much for my liking hence I'm offering this to those who like to "play".

kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:19:20 PM

Yes, the 2 cores will be dedicated to you and you can max them out 24/7 and mine any coin you want.

No, I cannot guarantee you that your income at the end of the month will be more than 2.56 LTC, the difficulty could double or increase drastically which would make the number of coins mined with this naturally lesser.

(reply merged below)

It's not for certain its going to be $17 at the end of the month, it can be more, it can be much lesser, what I posted earlier was just a rough calculation, everything depends on which coin you're mining and how much that coin is worth and ofcourse the changes in difficulty and exchange rates.

Lets put it this way, The market fluctuates too much for my liking hence I'm offering this to those who like to "play".

I don't know what to do, at the worst case, I will receive less LTC, but still, it are my hard earned coins.
I'll see, but still count me as interested...
CrownCloud (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:02:34 AM

You can make the most money off dual AMD Opteron 6128's which will give you 16 cores at about 64 Khash/sec.

Your estimate of 30 Khash/sec for 2 cores is over estimated unless you are using a very highcost Intel Xeon.

They're Dual L5420's, but yes other CPUs can be looked into.

(reply merged below)

I don't know what to do, at the worst case, I will receive less LTC, but still, it are my hard earned coins.
I'll see, but still count me as interested...

You can basically mine any coin, not just LTC, it can be TRC/PPC/BTE/BTC etc

So the profit / loss depends on which coin you mine Wink

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:57:37 AM

I am interested too..

Do you happen to have also a gpu rig for rent?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: