Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Fear grows that the bitcoin boom could crash" - The Seattle Times  (Read 2684 times)
dakiller

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:10:10 PM

Simply painful to read, full of hyperbole

"this mysterious money has become the darling of anti-government libertarians and computer wizards prospecting in the virtual mines of cyberspace"

"unveiled bitcoin to a mailing list of computer supergeniuses"
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NikolaTesla

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:53:07 PM

In the time since reading all this crapola from various sources about an imminent crash, BTC has grown from 100 to 190 USD, I think I'll let my bank account do the talking Smiley
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:06:04 PM

"this mysterious money has become the darling of anti-government libertarians and computer wizards prospecting in the virtual mines of cyberspace"

HAHAH that is like how people talked about the internet back in 1993. This mysterious place were hackers met on 'mysterious websites' that have strange codes like "http://www.website.com" to identify the website. They didn't know if it was pronounced E-mail or ehmail, but it was strange it probably would only be used by computer supergeniuses and sex addicts looking for kink and bondage.
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:08:20 PM

HAHAH that is like how people talked about the internet back in 1993. This mysterious place were hackers met on 'mysterious websites' that have strange codes like "http://www.website.com" to identify the website. They didn't know if it was pronounced E-mail or ehmail, but it was strange it probably would only be used by computer supergeniuses and sex addicts looking for kink and bondage.

Lol, bitcoin price can do whatever.  I just multiply my BTC by trading options on CoinBr.

The price will be volatile...  so focus on creating more btc without having to buy them.  Cheesy

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:35:29 PM

Lol, bitcoin price can do whatever.  I just multiply my BTC by trading options on CoinBr.

The price will be volatile...  so focus on creating more btc without having to buy them.  Cheesy

Obviously not advertising..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: