Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:16:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Davout, the new Pirate@40. Bitcoin-central.com instawallet.org scam in progress  (Read 5929 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 11:40:23 PM

davout, the owner, just stole everyone's balance on bitcoin-central.com and instawallet.org

This is a false accusation, totally unfounded (no one lost money).

wopwop is a paid troll..

I demand to know who is paying wopwop for trolling!

Thank you from all those who have funds residing in InstaWallet in watching over our money. We honestly believe that the money is not lost and you know what's best, better than us, on how it should be used. Please let us know if you want anything further from us to make your job of oversee our money a more pleasant experience.

Please accept my apologies for not including the words blowjoy, fucktard/turd, etc., in the above, but if you read between the lines I'm sure you'll find them included within.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:03:07 AM

davout, the owner, just stole everyone's balance on bitcoin-central.com and instawallet.org

This is a false accusation, totally unfounded (no one lost money).

wopwop is a paid troll..

Way to convince the community that you're a professional business person.  You could easily put these accusations to rest by providing proof that a report was made to law enforcement and by telling your users which firm of auditors you've retained to investigate this incident.

No-one's going to take you seriously when you won't give the most basic information about your company - who you are, who the directors are, etc.  Credible businesses are more than happy to provide that information and you make yourself look sketchy by not doing so, especially when you've tried to cloak Bitcoin-Central in legitimacy.

It would take less than an hour and a few hundred dollars to have your auditors write a public letter to your users confirming that they're investigating this incident and that they'll be overseeing the integrity of the claims process - and if the claims process isn't overseen by accounting professionals, then it has no integrity.

Instawallet may have been a free service, but how you handle this will shape people's opinion of Paymium as a whole. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:31:30 AM

Bosack claims that they have filed a police report but refuses to give any details.  There is no reason for this unless he is lying as I see it.  That he would lie about it is, to me, extremely compelling evidence that this is a complete sham.

This means, to me, that they not only have all the coins but also that they could open Instwallet safely and let users reclaim their funds.

I have started the process of moving the ball forward here, and I don't intend to cease until and unless everyone gets their 100% funds back by next Monday(*).  Even if they do get their funds back but it takes longer, I still intend to pursue this matter until it is clear that it has pushed into the French court system(**).  Where it goes from there I have less interest.

I am disappointed to report that I've got no bites yet on my request for and estimate of initial legal services:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171764.0

but if that ends up not going anywhere I'll switch to more mainstream channels.  If anyone knows a suitable candidate for provisioning this service I'd appreciate having them pointed in my direction.

* The Paymium scum is welcome to take the 20BTC from my account for their troubles.  I suggest they do so and call it a win.  I was fully aware of the risks and have nobody to blame but myself for the loss.  I've PM'd them earlier so they know the one account from which theft is authorized.

** I have a short attention span so I cannot make any 100% promises, but as we used to say back in one of my earlier 'jobs': "ESSAYONS"

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:38:20 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 05:05:44 AM by Matthew N. Wright

davout, the first bitcoin staff member to scam the community

I thought I was the first scammer staff member.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:48:00 AM

Wait, so now I'm not a scammer? I wish you trolls would make up your mind.

I find 'untrustworthy' to be completely fitting and appropriate.  I bet you would agree.  Am I right?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:04:06 AM

I was going to comment, but your post fucked me up. Don't you have a bomb shelter to build or something?  Grin
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:06:22 AM

I was going to comment, but your post fucked me up. Don't you have a bomb shelter to build or something?  Grin

I'd show you evidence as to why I am not budging, but it's difficult to compile a list of threats of the North when they predate the internet. As long as China doesn't become a literal wildcard, anything the North does will be suicide and we've seen this before.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:07:34 AM

I was going to comment, but your post fucked me up. Don't you have a bomb shelter to build or something?  Grin

BTW, I made a post in 'meta' to discover what access ~davout has or had.  Particularly whether he could read my PM's.  ~badbear says no.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:09:20 AM

BTW, I made a post in 'meta' to discover what access ~davout has or had.  Particularly whether he could read my PM's.  ~badbear says no.

Can't be bothered to dig it up atm, but I seem to remember Theymos responding to that same inquiry long ago in regards to Mark Karpeles hosting the forums and said that he (Theymos) was the only one able to read PMs. (And Mark, through phpMyAdmin of course, although I don't remember if that was ever admitted).

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:18:22 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 03:31:30 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I was going to comment, but your post fucked me up. Don't you have a bomb shelter to build or something?  Grin

BTW, I made a post in 'meta' to discover what access ~davout has or had.  Particularly whether he could read my PM's.  ~badbear says no.

This post reminded me of something. Boussac said something about PMs being sent and him not reading (paraphrased to illustrate a point). I know as a fact that PMs here can be setup to alert you via an email where, in turn, the email can be sent to your smartphone. The entire process takes less than a minute to set up. If a company in crisis can't even take the time to calm their customer base in a professional manner, then those fuckers don't need to be in business. At least Mt Gox tries now, better than they used to be.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to see that Pierre's coins are safe: http://blockchain.info/address/1PierreFUi7RuFkkA812MQyRruDZhzzh7Y
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:54:44 AM

Good news, everybody! Our money is safe till after the conference, for we've seen this dance once before in London. It seems that André Boussac a.k.a. Pierre Noizat will be speaking at Bitcoin2013 in San Jose: http://www.bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin-2013-panelists.html

Don't bother Googling Pierre-André Boussac, for there's nothing to see there.
Herodes

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:01:26 AM

Good news, everybody! Our money is safe till after the conference, for we've seen this dance once before in London. It seems that André Boussac a.k.a. Pierre Noizat will be speaking at Bitcoin2013 in San Jose: http://www.bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin-2013-panelists.html

He'll be at the Cali conference ? Can you sell enough barn-wood to get there in time to suck his cock ?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 04:06:45 AM

He'll be at the Cali conference ? Can you sell enough barn-wood to get there in time to suck his cock ?

Bruno be there!
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:12:59 AM

Well I'll be darned...an antiwar.com person.  I've probably used that site more than almost any other since the 2002 timeframe although I don't do it much these days.  Once a week or two when I've exhausted other higher priorities.

antiwar.com is, to me, a jewel in the otherwise highly disappointing world of Libertarianism.  I just looked to see if they took donations in Bitcoin.  Sadly...and oddly...it does not seem so.

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:13:33 AM

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/bonjour/   Tongue
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Going by past bitcoin conferences ypou would be wise to pull your bitcoins out of any service represented there.

repentance

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:30:04 PM

Going by past bitcoin conferences ypou would be wise to pull your bitcoins out of any service represented there.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the line-up. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 11:40:39 PM

Warning to all those who have asked to see a police report number.

Unignore

I see how the game is played now: Hack your own sites, claim money was stolen, claim to fill out a police report, ignore all requests from those who entrusted you with their assets, then call them trolls for requesting a simple number to set them at ease.

You sir, are one sick mother fucker!

Couldn't agree more...

All ease aside, the one hint is the lack of a police report number (and possibly them being one sick motherfuckers).

Ignore

Boussac is one sick motherfucker!
Herodes

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:54:10 PM

I assume Boussac would be able to respond to the fact why Davout haven't logged in since 2th of April 2013. Prior to this, he was active constantly.

There's an e-mail address listed: david@bitcoin-central.net

I guess anyone concerned could attempt sent an e-mail there, but I doubt it would give any results. Now, in 90 days I would not be surprised if we see Bousac starting to be non-responsive as well. Then everybody might be left in the dark, and the partners in crime are living the good life with hookers and blow in Mexico or wherever.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:02:57 PM

https://twitter.com/e_ducat

DDoS attack on Bitcoin-central is OVER! Normally Trading

So the bad guys simply gave up. How kind of them. There goes my theory of it being an inside job.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: