Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Frustrated! Can someone honest help me purchase $1000 to BTC today?  (Read 1228 times)
krncoolwater (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:52:44 AM

As the post says, I need help!  Been trying like crazy to buy some lately but always run into snags--try almost ten hours researching various ways.  Signed up for most major btc exchanges and there's one things (verify ID) or another that makes it difficult to purchase any only to watch the price rise like crazy.  Also, I initially got into BTC so I can give a FAT F U to our slave controllers and free the people of usury interest.  How can people here try to sell you btc charging interest above 5% of mtgox website? Why does one have to ask, why cant they just say 6.5% or higher!  Kind of misleading if you ask me a newbie. If the community makes it harder to purchase btc; it will not catch on and your btc can and will become worthless. There are many sitting in the sidelines now.  This really put a bad taste in my mouth.  Am i being unreasonable?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:53:57 AM

Are you mentally challenged?
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:55:13 AM

Try coinbase and/or instawallet. bitinstant
wopwop

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:56:16 AM

Try coinbase and/or instawallet.
Yes instawallet where the owner just ran away with 50k worth of bitcoins and said 'good bye yall suckers'

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170196.0
t3xasdolly

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:58:27 AM

What about
localbitcoins.com

This is how I got my first bitcoins
shibaji

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:59:07 AM

Try coinbase and/or instawallet.
Yes instawallet where the owner just ran away with 50k worth of bitcoins and said 'good bye yall suckers'

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170196.0

Sorry - mistyped - I meant bitinstant. Corrected.
krncoolwater (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:02:12 AM

A newbie comes here for help and you call him/her mentally challenged?  Nice community yahl got here, thanks and Im sure you will go far in this thing called life.  
krncoolwater (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:03:28 AM

Coinbase (tried over 20X's spread over 8 days) reached its max limit and bitinstant is not clearing funds.  There's a OP started on this.  Also instawallet got hacked?  so did mtgox. 
krncoolwater (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:07:29 AM

What about
localbitcoins.com

This is how I got my first bitcoins

Got any tips on the process and people you can trust? 
shibaji

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:12:40 AM

Coinbase (tried over 20X's spread over 8 days) reached its max limit and bitinstant is not clearing funds.  There's a OP started on this.  Also instawallet got hacked?  so did mtgox. 

Well - coinbase is your best bet. Be patient, and try during odd hours - I have been able to get some with patience. Otherwise, head over to currency exchange and hook up with reputable members like BCB. You will need to send him money through chase quickpay or something alike first, before he sends you btc, and expect to pay a premium.

You may also try EpIsKing through bank deposit.

There are many ways - you will need to do two things:
1. Look around
2. Build trust and not get scammed - use your judgement

Remember - everyone was a newbie one day. I am also a newcomer in compared to many people. Again, look around, you will find ways to purchase. However, based on my experience, let me reiterate: coinbase is your most fair and best bet.
wopwop

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:20:09 AM

A newbie comes here for help and you call him/her mentally challenged?  Nice community yahl got here, thanks and Im sure you will go far in this thing called life.  
It was a well reasoned question.

Seeing how you are unable to get registered and approved MtGox (which is like, super easy) I figured something else could be wrong.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.
shibaji

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:22:25 AM

Seeing how you are unable to get registered and approved MtGox (which is like, super easy) I figured something else could be wrong.

... but it is not so straightforward to put money in mt.gox - it is very natural to feel the way OP is feeling, and it indeed is hard to purchase your first btc - there is no denying that.
josvazg

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:27:45 AM

YES, It IS really frustrating!

Today is makes ONE week trying to get bitcoins...

1) My balances now are just from free web faucets. They took several days to arrive to my wallet (so much for the "instant" payments!) and so small that the fees to move them are bigger, (at least when they are recent, I read somewhere).

2) I also posted an advertisement on localbitcoins without luck so far.

3) Right now there are more than 8000 "identities" before mine to be reviewed on mtgox, so I can't use that either yet. This seems that is going to take a month or more, slower than opening up a new company or business in Spain, and THAT is saying something!

4) Yesterday I was about to buy though bitcoin SMS, but when I saw the calculations; ONLY half or less of the fiat money goes to buy BTCs and the rest is keep by someone else... I refused to get ripped off.

If I am also "retarded" may be someone (anyone) "wiser" could enlighten me and tell me what I am doing wrong...

---
1HV1Ycu5d6Ff2jUCp965Ec9dmswwfGxuwi

shibaji

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:33:47 AM

YES, It IS really frustrating!

Today is makes ONE week trying to get bitcoins...

1) My balances now are just from free web faucets. They took several days to arrive to my wallet (so much for the "instant" payments!) and so small that the fees to move them are bigger, (at least when they are recent, I read somewhere).

2) I also posted an advertisement on localbitcoins without luck so far.

3) Right now there are more than 8000 "identities" before mine to be reviewed on mtgox, so I can't use that either yet. This seems that is going to take a month or more, slower than opening up a new company or business in Spain, and THAT is saying something!

4) Yesterday I was about to buy though bitcoin SMS, but when I saw the calculations; ONLY half or less of the fiat money goes to buy BTCs and the rest is keep by someone else... I refused to get ripped off.

If I am also "retarded" may be someone (anyone) "wiser" could enlighten me and tell me what I am doing wrong...
---
1HV1Ycu5d6Ff2jUCp965Ec9dmswwfGxuwi

Don't get upset. Try to ignore people who comes into your way and post meaningless statements - it is part of the game. Get over it. Read my post above. I have been in your shoes as well. First thing you would want to do is go register at coinbase, and be patient. Continue your search for btc, but keep on trying at coinbase.

Good luck.
M3t

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:36:30 AM

cryptocurrent.com

Email: info at cryptocurrent dot com

It's a shame their site is down at a time like this.

They are legitimate, very safe, but you pay for the added anonymity (5% fee).
That is my preferred choice of purchasing coins, I do it in bulk there ($2000+ transactions).
Go to bank of america, give them cash with crypto's account, e-mail crypto to confirm, boom. Within minutes, BTCBTCBTC .

Another options is bitinstant, but it's kind of lame because you have to go through a 3rd party, and it gets messy with a paper trail. The fee is less, however.
Last time I used bitinstant I had to break up $1500 into three payments of $500, then give my full name and address and explain to the clerk at the money order service what it was for.
Bitinstant took a very short time to transfer as well. Both services are great, but I'm a customer for life with crypto. GREAT service! Bitinstant is slightly more obscure, in my opinion.

*is not a cryptocurrent spokesperson*

Best of luck!
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:39:45 AM

Just verify your identity?...
krncoolwater (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:42:16 AM

No hurt feelings report has ever been filed agianst you and never will.  Trust me you do not intimidate me. Been through so much things in my short life.   Buying BTC anon and trying not to get ripped off does, LOL!
wopwop

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:43:48 AM

No hurt feelings report has ever been filed agianst you and never will.  Trust me you do not intimidate me. Been through so much things in my short life.   Buying BTC anon and trying not to get ripped off does, LOL!
You can't buy them anonymously, stop trying
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:45:01 AM

Where are you located, geographically speaking?  I think your only hope is a local face-to-face transaction.

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
krncoolwater (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:00:24 AM

Just verify your identity?...

No thanks...I value my privacy and freedoms.  Its about principles...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: