Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:08:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is better? To gamble or to invest?  (Read 30569 times)
Natalim

Activity: 2926
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:43:26 AM

well actually they are both risky but if you are going to invest in a real company or something like that will last for a long time and you know that your money is safe in that company then it is more better in it,rather than trying your luck or putting your money at risk at some gambling site's but if you're just looking to have fun then gambling is more suitable for you

Nothing will seriously safe you when those companies take your money away. One thing for sure is that there will always be a risk and you cant really hope for anything that doesnt come with a risk. If you wish to go for something that doesnt really have a risk then gambling or gambling site investment is definitely not the thing for you
True,all investment do have risk on lossing money even on investments not related to gambling and you are right we cant assure anytime even we put our money on reputable company because anytime they could able to ran off all the money of their investors which is really part on investments theres no guarantee anytime.
that's why we do need our own research before investing our money one of the advantage with investing because you can check all available resources in order for you to have some edge with your money it will also lessen your risk unlike with gambling you always playing with your luck and nothing else.

You could do research or whatever you want in the end it wont eliminate the risk. By doing some research you will only reducing your risk not eliminating it, in the end you would diversify and lowering the risk in it but still we all know things "happens for a reason" therefore if it actually happen then nothing could prevent it
The risk is always there when we are investing, however since it's the nature already, doing some kind of good study will do help us. In the first place, no investment that is risk free. In fact, what we are doing is we are gambling with the future of our investment and we just based our decision on the factors that we think would give us success.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:11:30 PM

well actually they are both risky but if you are going to invest in a real company or something like that will last for a long time and you know that your money is safe in that company then it is more better in it,rather than trying your luck or putting your money at risk at some gambling site's but if you're just looking to have fun then gambling is more suitable for you

Nothing will seriously safe you when those companies take your money away. One thing for sure is that there will always be a risk and you cant really hope for anything that doesnt come with a risk. If you wish to go for something that doesnt really have a risk then gambling or gambling site investment is definitely not the thing for you
True,all investment do have risk on lossing money even on investments not related to gambling and you are right we cant assure anytime even we put our money on reputable company because anytime they could able to ran off all the money of their investors which is really part on investments theres no guarantee anytime.
that's why we do need our own research before investing our money one of the advantage with investing because you can check all available resources in order for you to have some edge with your money it will also lessen your risk unlike with gambling you always playing with your luck and nothing else.

You could do research or whatever you want in the end it wont eliminate the risk. By doing some research you will only reducing your risk not eliminating it, in the end you would diversify and lowering the risk in it but still we all know things "happens for a reason" therefore if it actually happen then nothing could prevent it
The risk is always there when we are investing, however since it's the nature already, doing some kind of good study will do help us. In the first place, no investment that is risk free. In fact, what we are doing is we are gambling with the future of our investment and we just based our decision on the factors that we think would give us success.

half of what you are saying here does not make any sense. gambling and investment are two different things and your decision has no effect on the result of either of them. in gambling it is mostly luck an in investment it is all about research to find out if the investment is going to give any return or not.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:38:07 PM

half of what you are saying here does not make any sense. gambling and investment are two different things and your decision has no effect on the result of either of them. in gambling it is mostly luck an in investment it is all about research to find out if the investment is going to give any return or not.

You dont even understand what Im writing there so dont pretend to be a smart ass therem there is always risk and even if you choose the best investment out of everything there is still a risk with it. You could do tons of research of whatever investment you want or whoever investor that you want and none will state that it does NOT has any risk with it even 0.01 % is still consider to HAVE a risk
Gwerrahar

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:49:58 PM

It depends from the period of time, if we want long-term, surely we have to select the investment, but if we want to get a short term profit of course we must select gambling.

We never know what will happen future, when many people consider hold bitcoin is the best way and hope the price goes up, but today's price is down, if bitcoin we use for gambling and win then we will get profit over 50%

i am not sure if for short term we must select gambling, because for new player, there is unpredictable and if we don't have a good in luck then we can make profit. i think its better to make invest with recommended site since we can get profit too with the house and beside that our investment will be work for long term.

I think that we should not do this because of the fact that gambling is very risky there is just a higher chance that you will make profit with just investing!!
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:08:29 PM

If your main purpose is to get benefit from your initial capital then investing is a good choice to be picked. The chance to get profit from investing at a gambling site is higher than gamble itself but for sure it needs time to get good profit from your investment. And dont forget to make sure that the site where you want to invest your money is legit enough so they wont scam you in the long run.

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:48:40 PM

I think investing is more risky than gambling because most of investing websites are just scam, but in gambling you have better chances to make your bitcoin grow. How about you guys what do you think?

Most of investing sites are scam? You must be talking about ponzi schemes, but they are not investment sites, they are just ponzi scams, where word investment doesn't exist, only words "deposit" and "next deposit". Speaking about real investment sites(not scams), i am not sure how did you come to conclusion that gambling can give you better chance than investing, since gambling depends only on luck. Maybe to do some research next time?
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:09:26 PM

It depends from the period of time, if we want long-term, surely we have to select the investment, but if we want to get a short term profit of course we must select gambling.

We never know what will happen future, when many people consider hold bitcoin is the best way and hope the price goes up, but today's price is down, if bitcoin we use for gambling and win then we will get profit over 50%

i am not sure if for short term we must select gambling, because for new player, there is unpredictable and if we don't have a good in luck then we can make profit. i think its better to make invest with recommended site since we can get profit too with the house and beside that our investment will be work for long term.

I think that we should not do this because of the fact that gambling is very risky there is just a higher chance that you will make profit with just investing!!

I want to chooe invest rather than gambling because if you invest, for example trading sites its highly profitable and chances of losing it is low as long as you analyzes the trend and you do have proper information of what's the trend graph in the bitcoin market. Having fun with gambling is always there and win or lose follows, and i don't want that to happen to my bitcoin so i choose investing.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 11:28:56 PM

I want to chooe invest rather than gambling because if you invest, for example trading sites its highly profitable and chances of losing it is low as long as you analyzes the trend and you do have proper information of what's the trend graph in the bitcoin market. Having fun with gambling is always there and win or lose follows, and i don't want that to happen to my bitcoin so i choose investing.
[/quote
This is a common are and the best to choose is investment than gambling because there is no guarantee that you can gain profit in gambling and if you lose you can get nothing.. unlike in trading you will learn how to trade also if the price is getting low you can lose but small amount and you can be still sell your altcoin the good thing you can gain large and huge profit in trading once the price will continues to increase..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:41:51 PM

If your main purpose is to get benefit from your initial capital then investing is a good choice to be picked. The chance to get profit from investing at a gambling site is higher than gamble itself but for sure it needs time to get good profit from your investment. And dont forget to make sure that the site where you want to invest your money is legit enough so they wont scam you in the long run.
Investing in a gambling site wont earn you that much profit as you think ,if you are planning to make some money for instance if i want to invest 1 bitcoin then what i would suggest is to try alt coin trading in which you could earn multiple times rather than investing in an gambling site.Yes it is less risky than gambling but i don't think it is a wise investment unless you own half of the share  Grin.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:48:52 PM

It's the best to invest in what you are good, investing in gambling is recommended for people who like to gamble and know how to do it. If a person have no gambling skills then it's better to invest in trading or some stocks, or gold, in something where skill is not needed, there is just waiting for profit.
Every investment is a risk, that is a fact, who wish to make a profit first step is accepting and overcoming the risk, good luck my friends.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:54:39 PM

It's the best to invest in what you are good, investing in gambling is recommended for people who like to gamble and know how to do it. If a person have no gambling skills then it's better to invest in trading or some stocks, or gold, in something where skill is not needed, there is just waiting for profit.
Every investment is a risk, that is a fact, who wish to make a profit first step is accepting and overcoming the risk, good luck my friends.
It is true there are people who can afford to lose tones of bitcoins everyday they don't really think about it but there still a wise man who can think much better than them making profit from the low initial amount. Taking also the risk for trading abd investing there money to icos . Ofcourse invest is taking risk coz you cant even make a profit when you don't risk.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:56:29 PM

I can't agree more Smiley.  Investing on what you excel more likely to give you profit.  Unlike investing blindly will only means failure.  If you are good at gambling then invest in it.  Though I doubt if anyone of our skill have something to do with the result of the game.  Though, sports betting is different, other gambling like dice, roulette, slots and sometimes poker and blackjack relies solely on luck.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:39:51 AM

Well if you can invest in a casino bankroll then i would say go for it - because casinos are known to have an edge over players and that is why casino owners are the ones that usually come out on top in the end.

I would say that if you are just having some fun, go for the gambling because if you treat it as entertainment you wouldn't risk as much.

However if you have pro knowledge in the markets, go for investing and trading.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:26:03 AM

Well if you can invest in a casino bankroll then i would say go for it - because casinos are known to have an edge over players and that is why casino owners are the ones that usually come out on top in the end.

I would say that if you are just having some fun, go for the gambling because if you treat it as entertainment you wouldn't risk as much.

Investing in online casinos does give better benefits, just put your money their and you are good to go. We know for the fact that gamblers loses in the long run so it's a guaranteed profit that you are waiting. Further, as an investor, you also have to diversify your investment by not focusing only in one industry, there's plenty of investment opportunity where you can diversify your investment so seek for it.

daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:33:19 AM

Investing in online casinos does give better benefits, just put your money their and you are good to go. We know for the fact that gamblers loses in the long run so it's a guaranteed profit that you are waiting. Further, as an investor, you also have to diversify your investment by not focusing only in one industry, there's plenty of investment opportunity where you can diversify your investment so seek for it.

I agree, investing on online casinos is really a way to earn good profit. Many people likes to gamble so your money won't really be wasted if you invested there rather than playing in that casino.

As they say don't put all your eggs in one basket so don't put all your money in just one investment. It would be better and more safer if we can divide them into many investments.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:56:51 AM

I agree, investing on online casinos is really a way to earn good profit. Many people likes to gamble so your money won't really be wasted if you invested there rather than playing in that casino.
I do see this is still a kind of gambling addictions, those who are not finding themselves in gambling and still want to stick within gambling and want to recover their losses from gambling, prefers to invest into gambling houses.

Because they are simply ignoring any other industry's opportunities. Recently an exchange offered investments but failed to become a big hit.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 05:13:34 AM

I do see this is still a kind of gambling addictions, those who are not finding themselves in gambling and still want to stick within gambling and want to recover their losses from gambling, prefers to invest into gambling houses.

Because they are simply ignoring any other industry's opportunities. Recently an exchange offered investments but failed to become a big hit.

It has nothing to do with addiction as it is simply about making more money. When you have spare unneeded funds then all you could do is to put in your money into an investment that has a GOOD CHANCE of making money, with gambling investment you are making money in the long term
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:42:24 AM

It has nothing to do with addiction as it is simply about making more money. When you have spare unneeded funds then all you could do is to put in your money into an investment that has a GOOD CHANCE of making money, with gambling investment you are making money in the long term

You need to write clearly that investments on casino bankrolls can give good returns over the time. If you write, gambling investments mean some people thinks gambling itself is an investment. I don't agree that gambling is an investment because they are just games to give us more excitement to enjoy our free time.
jossiel

Activity: 2996
Merit: 632

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:08:41 AM

You need to write clearly that investments on casino bankrolls can give good returns over the time. If you write, gambling investments mean some people thinks gambling itself is an investment. I don't agree that gambling is an investment because they are just games to give us more excitement to enjoy our free time.

I don't think those people are going to that gambling itself is an investment, because you have told that there is an investment in it.

Then those people are going to identify that investing into casino's are the investment that you/we are talking about.

Because it is very simple to do, we just need to deposit into their bankroll.

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:16:00 PM

Because it is very simple to do, we just need to deposit into their bankroll.

For some people the return of gambling site investment is not good enough compare to what they get from gambling therefore  most people will still just use the money that they deposit in the site to gamble. Some people actually win in gamble therefore they tend to choose to gamble instead of waiting for profit from their investment
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: