Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitStamp verify question  (Read 6680 times)
joehal (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:36:52 PM

I can't post yet in the "normal" forum, but I have to ask about the bitstamp verify procedure.
In their FAQ they don't say anything about it.

What happens if you send more money and you are not verified ?
Can you perform transactions without being verified yet ?
How long does the verifying process takes ? 
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iteathen

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:12:34 AM

I'm wondering the same thing. How long does their verification take? I been a member on this forum for 2 years and still can't post in normal threads.. so stupid.
1base58

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:24:29 AM

I can't post yet in the "normal" forum, but I have to ask about the bitstamp verify procedure.
In their FAQ they don't say anything about it.

What happens if you send more money and you are not verified ?
Can you perform transactions without being verified yet ?
How long does the verifying process takes ? 

Bitstamp verification normally takes 1-2 days, so a bit faster than Mt Gox (3 -5 days)

It's not clear what restrictions are actually enforced if you don't verify, but you can be sure that withdrawal of fiat currency will be blocked.
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:17:55 AM

From Bitstamp.net:

ACCOUNT VERIFICATION

There are no transfer limits or trade limits for "verified" Bitstamp users. In the event that you would like to remove the 1000€ first time deposit limit on your unverified account or the 10,000€ deposit limit for any future deposits and/or withdrawals, verification is necessary.

To verify your account please submit a HIGH resolution image of a valid government issued ID (passport, ID card, driver's license,..) and of a recent utility bill (electrics bill, phone bill, rent contract,..) addressed to your name no older than 3 months from the day of the submission.

That means that you can deposit up to 1.000€ the first time and after that up to 10.000€. You can trade with an unverified account and I don't think that there are any restrictions besides deposits/withdrawals. My verification took half a day.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

now you can't withdraw anything if you don't verify!

funds are trapped!

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
saif92

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:22:58 PM

funds are trapped!

I believe its better all must be Verirfied and they can work easily as its better for all bitcoiners feel more security  Smiley

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:40:54 AM

funds are trapped!

I believe its better all must be Verirfied and they can work easily as its better for all bitcoiners feel more security  Smiley

yes, just like the NSA spying on multitudes of communications should make us feel more secure!

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
jasonslow

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:24:58 AM

I'm also finding an alternative to bitstamp. Any other exchanges that accept ripple?
DeathProxy

Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:27:31 AM

Without verification you cannot withdraw btc or fiat. But you can still withdraw to ripple and trade it to ripple xrp and send it to other gateways that accept ripple xrp.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: