Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:27:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Needed (0.05 BTC prize)  (Read 3557 times)
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:29:10 AM

2gablay12
just use win8.1 or linux Wink
I see a winner here  Grin
gablay12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 02:51:12 AM

Mother Board: H81 BTC pro
Risers:6 powered usb risers .. version 3
PSU : 1200 Watt Platinium Server PSU for 4 gepu cards, 1500 watt for five gpu cards
CPU :Intel Dual Core 3250
RAM :8 GB, 1800 Mhz
HDDs connected to mobo :120 Gb SSD

Wi Fi connection with internet adapter and ethernet Cable

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:19:59 AM

Dear friend you can either use Ethos or Pimp.Which are quiete different from each other for functions but very similar coding.Both of them are linux based systems.So, what I advise you is just purchase one of them and boot your rig using the flash dirves.By the way Ubuntu is also a fork actually (Debien).

The trouble shhoting flow chart is prepared by Hasflux.Here is the link:
http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7457/anyone-using-asrock-h81-pro-btc/p2

[INITIAL LINUX TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS]
First let's see if the kernel even sees the hardware. Use the following two commands. Note I add comments with # symbol but they are not intended to be typed in the terminal.

1. Ssh into the machine or if your running it non headless open a new terminal.(all of my rigs run headless and have no x windows running but with linux amd cards you do have to run a basic x server if you desire to kill your cards life span by playing around with over clocking and undervolting. Truthfully your better off using a custom bios on your card for this anyway and not run a memory hard x server.)
2. # We need to update the pciids to the latest list so the commands we use will recognize all of the cards properly. Run the following command...

sudo update-pciids

3. # Now let's see what VGA devices the system is detecting as connected without relying on the drivers

lspci | grep VGA

# there you will see a nice list of all VGA devices. If you see all six then that elemenates the motherboard and linux as the problem. If thar command only shows 5 then try disconnecting all cards and move the card one by one through your pci slots to find the offending pci slot. If it detects each slot fine try it with the next card and continue until you find either the bad pci slot or the bad gpu and proceed to do an RMA with your vendor.

[Driver Trouble Shooting Steps]

Assuming everything passed our pre trouble shooting steps we have elemenated most possible hardware problems but one more may show up as we troubleshoot our 6 GPU issue. Now we need to check the drivers.

1. Run the following command.

clinfo

# Does the command show all your devices from the opencl drivers perspective or is the driver failing to see them all. NOTE: if the clinfo hangs for a long time and does not return anything then one of your cards is bad and you will have to try the command one by one disconnecting individual GPU and proceed to do an RMA once you find the offending hardware.

2. Assuming you do have the AMD Proprietary drivers installed and clinfo worked ok the next step is to make sure the devices were initialized properly by the driver. Use the following command.

sudo aticonfig --initial --adapter=all -f
sudo shutdown -r now

Once the system comes back up open a terminal and a final check on the configuration with the following command

sudo aticonfig --list-adapters

All your adapters should be showing up now and that pesky sixth gpu is ready to mine with or its in the mail at this point for an RMA
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:34:44 AM

I am also very much interested in your poblem since it is a little bit awkward.To be more open I am not quiete sure either it is a software problem or a hard ware problem.

Let's think the possible problems and eliminate.

Bios:Updated, pci-e version 1; OK

Molex: If one 4 pin molex is connected to motherboard, it is OK. You do not need two molex for powered risers.

PSU:Your server PSU's are ok.Corsair is enough if it is not the best option.

CPU: Oldies and cheap goodies.

Mother Board:Asrock H81 Pro BTC, well known and cheap still a good option.

RAM:8 Gb. You must be rich:)

SSD:120 Gb SSD.Check the virtual memory.16 Gb is needed.

GPU:480 Asus ROG 8Gb. What is the difference with other 480 cards.I will focus on that.

My suggestion: You have reported that the rigs work for some time, say 30 minutes and after they go.On the other hand one of the GPU is always undefined. My solution is downclock your rig and work it there.The problem is at your PSU.How?

Your GPU's have 8 pin connections, probably you convert 6 pin to 8 pin with a cable converter.If the cable is manufactured in China the quality is a matter.Just cut the cable connecter and see if it is copper or aluminium.Also read the AWG, the thickness, it must be eighteen or smaller.

Do not overclock , do not hack your GPUS.

If my answer is not satisfactory just PM me.If you provide TW I can detect the error at your system.
pisquare

Activity: 395

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:49:57 AM

problem may be about ULPS

ULPS is an ultra low power saving feature which turns off all GPU's except the primary one in use. ULPS can cause crashing / stuttering / reduced scaling when enabled. ULPS is always enabled by default. It can't be fully disabled via software such as MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx (as of 11/01/2016) since AMD Crimson (and some previous CCC versions) changed various reg entries which controlled ULPS. Before following the guide, read the Q & A below.

Solution

1) Click Start - Type regedit.exe and hit enter.
2) In reg editor, press F3 and type EnableULPS, hit enter.

3) Keep pressing F3 until it finds a key called EnableUlps in a sub folder called 0000
4) Double click the reg entry and change value from 1 to 0.

5) Keep pressing F3 until it finds a key called EnableUlps in a sub folder called 0001
6) Double click the reg entry and change value from 1 to 0.

You got an interesting point.But he says the rig works for a time and closes.If  ULPS was the reason it should not be closed down but continue to work on 1 card.Right?
pisquare

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:54:03 AM

Are you using 2 PSUs for 1 Rig? 1 server psu for GPUs and 1 standard PSU for Mobo's?
If yes then there is timing issue.
Do change your risers and use USB Power risers with big capacitor.
For RX 480 use 16.9.2 and for 390 use 15.12.

Thats it you will be fine Smiley

EDIT: There is no issue in your RAM neither in SSD, Windows10 and in Antivirus.
Just do what i said above and keep your rig shutdown atleast for 1hour or so.
Then you are good to go.

That is also a good point.What are the differences between 16.9.2 and 15.12.x ? Do they have a manual?
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:05:07 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 04:20:19 AM by toptek

Are you using 2 PSUs for 1 Rig? 1 server psu for GPUs and 1 standard PSU for Mobo's?
If yes then there is timing issue.
Do change your risers and use USB Power risers with big capacitor.
For RX 480 use 16.9.2 and for 390 use 15.12.

Thats it you will be fine Smiley

EDIT: There is no issue in your RAM neither in SSD, Windows10 and in Antivirus.
Just do what i said above and keep your rig shutdown atleast for 1hour or so.
Then you are good to go.

That is also a good point.What are the differences between 16.9.2 and 15.12.x ? Do they have a manual?

15.12 has no series 400 support  , other wise not really much different then 16.9.2 that supports all there cards but some older out dated stuff they no longer support and no one really uses for much  .

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

the latest driver from amd is

Crimson Edition 16.11.5 Hotfix.
i use it with out issue

my suggestion is try after burner only to see whats on and off and turn off sync setting between cards once it loaded then hit reset for each card it may take time but it might give you a better idea of whats going on ..

and don't use extend over clocking limits, if your mixing cards.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pisquare

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:38:52 AM

And my last question....Why is it recommended to wait an hour?What is the logic behind that?
maxmad_x

Activity: 546

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:28:49 AM

Which windows version?
gablay12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 918

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:49:44 AM

My OS is Windows 10.The photo of the error:

https://postimg.org/image/7sd78g4sz/

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
chronek

Activity: 273

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:11:22 AM

if it is code 43 in properties then it is for sure you need 6x gpu mod - i wrote before, did you not try? (it is a driver problem that it can run only 4 cards) https://lbr.id.lv/6xgpu_mod/6xGPU.html

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Hotmetal

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:14:52 AM

https://lbr.id.lv/6xgpu_mod/
alrami

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:25:44 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2016, 01:25:23 AM by alrami

Are all of your cards connected to the same server PSU or you are using 2 different psus , one for MB and cpu and other one for GPU power ?  When you said Same for the 10 rigs did you mean that you have 10 completely same rigs and you tried adding this card to every single one of them or what ?

I have HP 1500 watt server PSUs.To feed mother board and one card I also have a corsair CX750 M.

I bought 50 cards.I have got 10 pcs of 5 card rigs.

Either feeding from server psu or from corsair 4 cards works perfectly.However the fifth one does not work.I can see it at the configuration with a yellow label warning.

If your problem card connected in PCI-E x16 slot, try to use x16 to x16 riser
I saw this problem on two different MB (Asrock - first x16, Asus - last x16)

edit:
you can check even without a riser - just put a GPU in PCI-E x16 directly
if problem will be solved, so - just use x16 to x16 riser to connect
alrami

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:28:06 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 07:48:42 PM by alrami

As i see, you forgot to disable CPU graphics!
Disable it in a BIOS
Also, if CPU graphics set to "Auto", so use x16-x16 riser in a first slot (meet same at my Asrock Anniversary)
I'm use the cheapest non-powered one case MB supports one card freely

P.S. Asrock noted that in multi GPU system user need to install first card in x16 slot and only than install other cards (may be not need, but i'm follow a note)
maxmad_x

Activity: 546

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:02:06 PM

As i see, you forgot to disable CPU graphics!
Disable it in a BIOS
Also, if CPU graphics set to "Auto", so use x16-x16 riser in a first slot (meet same at my Asrock Anniversary)
I'm use the cheapest non-powered one case MB supports one card freely

P.S. Asrock noted that in multi GPU system user need to install first card in x16 slot and only than install other cards (may be not need, but i'm follow a note)
YEP YEP YEP.. disable onboard graphics from ASROCK bios settings. And I think you should be good to go. Thats why I was asking for the screenshot of device manager ! Try it
liomojo1

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:05:20 PM

As suggested before , put a monitor on this card and put the riser on the x16 slot and install the driver , than put all your cards! Connect a monitor to it it will work!
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:28:28 AM

In order to get 4-6 cards to work, sometimes you need to go into the mobo settings (usually f2 or del when starting up ) and change all the pcie bandwidths to gen 2.
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:40:31 AM

I have 5 rigs of RX 480.

Your graphics image kinda looks like Windows 8 or maybe Windows 10.
I've only seen this error in Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1.

Disable On board VGA graphics in bios.
Primary Display in bios should be set to pcie graphics.

Video connector should be connected to the card with the x16 (big) pcie slot.

To run 6 cards, its best to have Windows 10 versus windows 8.1 or even Windows 7.

Your graphics image kinda looks like Windows 8 or maybe Windows 10.

If you are really running Windows 10, then you may want to do a clean reinstall.  Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 has caused many errors on my RX 480 systems.

Click Start Menu, Click settings, Click Update & Security, Click Recovery, Click "Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows", Download the tool and run it.

Keep your data, but wipe all other settings.   Or do a complete reinstall.

plggy

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:40:45 PM

Looks like your system is corrupted.  All the words are gibberish. . . .

But seriously, most likely not a MB issue.  In my experience MB issues usually prevent windows from even seeing the card.  Most likely it is a driver issue.  I have several 6 and 7 card RX rigs with various asrock MBs including the proBTC.  I have found, with the RX series at least, the best drivers are the default ones that windows installs.  To fix your problem, run DDU or AMDs uninstaller.  Restart windows and let it install drivers.  I believe DDU turns off windows auto-detect driver setting, but you can run it again and click a button to enable.

Windows doesn't always detect all of your cards correctly, but they should still be listed somewhere in the device manager.  If they are incorrectly detected, just right click on them in device manager and select update driver.  It should correctly identify and install drivers.

If you have tried installing drivers from AMD several times, sometimes things just get too screwed up to fix (or at least will take too long to figure out).  Since it only takes me 10 mins to install win10 on an SSD, you may just want to reinstall.  Again, just let windows find its own drivers.  It does take a few mins to detect them all.  If all are not detected after 10 mins at idle, find them in device manager and click on the update drivers.

Unfortunately, I cannot get Claymore's to get temps and fan speeds, but they still all mine.

Happy mining.
matmator

Activity: 487
Merit: 252

bou !

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 08:26:37 PM

Hello everyone

I have exactly the same problem!

-motherboard: asrock btc pro rev2
-cpu: Celeron G1840 2.8 GHz
-5rx 480 8go reference
-ssd
-4GB
-food lepa 1000w

It works perfectly with 4 cards, but when I add the 5th.

In the device manager there is the yellow triangle as the screenshot of gablay12.

I try full of thing

Uninstall driver with ddu,

Restart with a gpu on the pci-16

Instal driver 16.9.2, try also with the 19.9.1

it works .

I insertind the pc, I add a card.

I reboot, it also works,

And when I plug the 5th card. It is not detected by watman,

And the device manager tells me who has a problem. On the 5 th card.

So I try to put the driver in manual, but it tells me that the driver is already installed. Wtf!

Bios a day, I try gen 1 and 2.

always the same .

We can say that the motherboard can not manage 6 cards, but 4 maximum.

I do not understand ..... I know more what to do.

We will say that the problem is known.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.fr&sl=en&tl=fr&u=http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/23740/6-x-gpu-mining-rig-only-installs-drivers-for-5&usg=ALkJrhi40FhKKfL3NBJ_EtBFZkto0FBT8w

go to the moon !!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: